Another Foreigner YT Vlogger arrested in The Philippines

P_X
Posted
Posted

I did a video on him 7 months ago. So I know for a fact he was convicted of the charges and subsequently served only 2 years of a 10 year sentence.  

It's rumored he switched on his cell mate to get out sooner (not confirmed but that's the word) 

I'm thinking it's just bad reporting by the media here and he's just getting the boot for being an undesirable. 

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, P_X said:

I'm thinking it's just bad reporting by the media here and he's just getting the boot for being an undesirable. 

You’re probably right. But it’s also possible he jumped parole in the USA. He got out of prison early, but it’s likely there were conditions to his release and restitution to the victim (the hospital) which he didn’t make. 

• Like 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Rooster said:

He says he got a 10 year sentence, at 8:45 he says he served only 2 years

That is because he snitched another convict.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, P_X said:

He is a very conning convicted felon, the sooner he is gone the better and you know what they say about "Snitches"..??

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Took a bit of searching but when I googled "can you get a visa in the Philippines if you have a felony conviction" one of the sites was

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/countries-that-dont-allow-felons

Here is a screen clip - so they don't ask, but if discovered you can be deported.  I also suspect as an earlier poster commented, he likely violated parole and restitution by leaving the USA.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

P_X
Posted
Posted

Why can't I find an address to the bi jail in mandaue? Anyone know where it's located?

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, P_X said:

Why can't I find an address to the bi jail in mandaue? Anyone know where it's located?

300 P.J. Burgos St. Mandaue City, Cebu (next to the Mandaue Fire Station. Open the link and zoom in and you can see the BI Details on the Bldg.

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.3244173,123.9426818,3a,50.2y,303.73h,87.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seQ4VFzLhwvMF_DT2K_vCPw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• Like 2

P_X
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Rooster said:

300 P.J. Burgos St. Mandaue City, Cebu (next to the Mandaue Fire Station. Open the link and zoom in and you can see the BI Details on the Bldg.

https://www.google.com/maps/@10.3244173,123.9426818,3a,50.2y,303.73h,87.12t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seQ4VFzLhwvMF_DT2K_vCPw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Great.  Thank you for taking the time 👍 

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Personally. If he was given a tourist visa. And committed no crimes in the Philippines. Had no open cases in other countries. And was simply at immigration looking to get a permanent resident visa or visa extension(again following Philippine law). I don't think its appropriate for the Philippines to throw him in detention for a year or two. They have a right to blacklist him. But he violated no laws. They never asked if he was a felon. They should take him to the airport, get him on a plane and blacklist him. Detention should be for violation of laws. Not the Philippines suddenly changing their mind, that he isn't welcomed in the country.

• Like 4