Health insurance

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Just been filling some online forms in to see what sort of price they would like me to pay for there health cover while living in the Philippines and WOW , who can afford these prices that they are quoting and yes I know people say it’s the best thing to have , it saved there life paying xxxx each month, the first quote was from AXA it was over 55,000 peso a month and that is for there basic package, there is no way i am paying that each month for just incase , just wondering what other folk pay and who they use too

Lee
Posted
Posted

IMO If possible, as healthcare can be quite inexpensive as compared to the US and Europe, it's best to be self insured.

Meaning that you have the cash on hand to handle almost any healthcare problem without the need for insurance.

Phil Health is an option but its coverage can be limited. I'm sure that others can fill you in on PH better than I.

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Lee said:

IMO If possible, as healthcare can be quite inexpensive as compared to the US and Europe, it's best to be self insured.

Meaning that you have the cash on hand to handle almost any healthcare problem without the need for insurance.

Phil Health is an option but its coverage can be limited. I'm sure that others can fill you in on PH better than I.

Yes self insured is the way forward for us it seems , if there is a figure in mind that I think is reasonable then I may look further into this but not at those prices 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Yes self insured is the way forward for us it seems , if there is a figure in mind that I think is reasonable then I may look further into this but not at those prices 

Steve, I have Philhealth by virtue of Marriage thru azons work. The rest I self insure  so far so good as never needed it as I have never been in Hospital after 15 years here I think I did well not to have wasted money BUT saved for the rainy day. For me, your thinking is right :tiphat:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

Just been filling some online forms in to see what sort of price they would like me to pay for there health cover while living in the Philippines and WOW , who can afford these prices that they are quoting and yes I know people say it’s the best thing to have , it saved there life paying xxxx each month, the first quote was from AXA it was over 55,000 peso a month and that is for there basic package, there is no way i am paying that each month for just incase , just wondering what other folk pay and who they use too

Pacific Blue.  I have post this before.  I might get it next year.

FB_IMG_1713112958093.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

If you don't intend to stay full time in the Philippines, I would suggest you just get a good travel insurance. 

That's how I and my wife did when we stayed for 5 months, total cost for both of us was an amount equal to 45k pesos.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Pacific Blue.  I have post this before.  I might get it next year.

FB_IMG_1713112958093.jpg

Seems I cannot get this , I’m not allowed unless I’m putting in the wrong name Pacific Blue health insurance 

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Viking said:

If you don't intend to stay full time in the Philippines, I would suggest you just get a good travel insurance. 

That's how I and my wife did when we stayed for 5 months, total cost for both of us was an amount equal to 45k pesos.

That’s a very good idea , 73k for a year I’ve just looked up 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We are self insured plus Philhealth.  I added up what premiums I would have paid based on the Pacific Blue chart had I purchased insurance.  The premiums came to 2.3 million peso over a period of 11 years (63 - 74), private w/2 million level.   The "financial odds" are in favor of being self insured but there will always be a certain risk involved. 

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Steve, I have Philhealth by virtue of Marriage thru azons work. The rest I self insure  so far so good as never needed it as I have never been in Hospital after 15 years here I think I did well not to have wasted money BUT saved for the rainy day. For me, your thinking is right :tiphat:

I have free Phil-Health, Eve registered me before 2016 and used it for dengue and two eye ops (Cataracts)

• Like 2