New car

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Speaking of accidents.  Less than 200 km on our new car.  Motorcycle tried to pass me while I was making a left turn.  Estimate is 57K.  Motorcycle driver "I didn't see your turn signal and I honked my horn."  No insurance, no helmet, no current registration, attempt to pass in an intersection which is against the law.  We filed a police report.

IMG_20240402_133647.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I honked my horn

In the philippines that just means "Look out, I am going to do something stupid, and probably illegal, so what are you going to do about it eh?!" 

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Speaking of accidents.  Less than 200 km on our new car.  Motorcycle tried to pass me while I was making a left turn.  Estimate is 57K.  Motorcycle driver "I didn't see your turn signal and I honked my horn."  No insurance, no helmet, no current registration, attempt to pass in an intersection which is against the law.  We filed a police report.

IMG_20240402_133647.jpg

When I was teaching the boss to drive we called this the idiot check......drilled into her the importance of idiot check before turning left.....even now 2 years later I tell her before she goes out.

• Like 2

Lee
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Motorcycle tried to pass me while I was making a left turn. 

Motorcycle tried to pass me ON THE RIGHT when I was making a RIGHT hand turn. I signaled and started my turn. Biker was in my blind spot so I didn't see him until he got to the cars right hand mirror. He bounced a couple of times off of my front fender before we both came to a stop. No damage to him or his bike but my car ended up with 3 small dents on the fender.

At one point I noticed him in the mirror pick up his bike and slam it on the ground hopeful to break something--it didn't work. Police were immediately on the scene and the officer chewed his tail for passing on the right. When it comes to me, he suggests that 200 PHP for "humanitarian reasons" would resolve the issue. Quickly paid the money and put the still arguing wife back in the car so we could leave.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee said:

Motorcycle tried to pass me ON THE RIGHT when I was making a RIGHT hand turn. I signaled and started my turn. Biker was in my blind spot so I didn't see him until he got to the cars right hand mirror. He bounced a couple of times off of my front fender before we both came to a stop. No damage to him or his bike but my car ended up with 3 small dents on the fender.

At one point I noticed him in the mirror pick up his bike and slam it on the ground hopeful to break something--it didn't work. Police were immediately on the scene and the officer chewed his tail for passing on the right. When it comes to me, he suggests that 200 PHP for "humanitarian reasons" would resolve the issue. Quickly paid the money and put the still arguing wife back in the car so we could leave.

That happened to my wife, she was waiting for the road to clear( Stationery) when a bike with two passengers overtook and he lost control, wobbled then all three jumped off the bike, the women passenger then went to the gathering crowd and showed her some old marks that was done before a few days ago, whist the driver picked up  his bike and slammed it to the ground. Police came and said it was my wife's fault and would have to pay for the injuries(scratches) and pay the drivers bike repair. I was at home and got the call from the wife saying she has been in an accident and no fault. I stormed into the police station and told them I have a dash cam fitted front and rear cameras and the police are on moving the bike and then measuring it.

Wife took the women to the hospital and have her old scratches cleaned up. and paid the driver 2k  I think it was.

I'm certain they tried a scam.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1