Pizza Chains or Local

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

For those that eat Pizza.

What is your personnel pizza preference from either pizza chains or local pizzeria?

I have only had pizza from the chains of Yellow Cab, Shakies & Greenwhich all which were okay....nothing impressive.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

I have only had pizza from the chains of Yellow Cab, Shakies & Greenwhich all which were okay....nothing impressive.

I use Dexters, seems to be outlets in most Places, they have a Website

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I found Dexters to be quite inferior - sorry Jack...

So far, the best pizza I have found are S & R or Urban pizza here in Davao. However recently, the Urban pizza has not been so good lately with light toppings and virtually no tomato sauce and their price is sky high.... S & R is hit and miss.... sometimes they are really good, sometimes they lack toppings and seem to be just slopped together. I miss USA pizza outlets...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Angel's Pizza, S&R and Shakey's are our favourite 3.  Yellow cab and Greenwich are so-so and Pizza Hut below average IMO.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

Mostly S&R or Angels for chains and a great local place Red Noze. Red Noze doesn’t open until 5pm though and only serves one size (about 10”), but Rudy’s pizzas are all handcrafted with fresh and high quality ingredients. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, MotorSarge said:

What is your personnel pizza preference

I prefer SnR, Shakey's isnt bad (originally a California chain.)

I have noticed something over the years. Yanks and Canadians seem to prefer SnR pizza, it is closest, imho, to Italian/USA  pizzeria taste and ingredients. Where as British and Australians seem to prefer the local brands, more designer pizza with non-traditional ingredients. 

Food always tends to adjusts to local palates. I know I went to a popular pizza place in Sydney, the menu had every type of topping Except  pepperoni lolol :89:.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Home made pizza is the best .

FF12ACDB-FF99-42F2-8C30-4AC8210B8838.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Mostly S&R or Angels for chains

We don't have Angel's here but have been to the one by Fil-Am and Poroc Rd.  I think that is our favorite.  I just searched Google and see that they have one in SM Clark now.  Will look for it.

S&R used to be near the top of our list but the two here have been hit and miss for the last year or two, so we don't go much.  The problem is that sometimes the pizza would have 3-4 inches of exposed crust on the outer edge!  Where did the sauce and cheese and toppings go?  Almost seemed like a management decision to increase profit.

I very rarely eat pizza but the kids like Pizza Hut, so they get most of our business.

My neighbor and father of my daughter's best friend built a brick pizza oven and make a mean pizza, with a lot of fresh chilis!

• Like 1

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Seems like the consensus is S&R, I have heard this from others also.

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Home made pizza is the best .

Yes Steve, me and the Asawa make home made about once a month for the last 15 years+ and we have perfected it to where all our family loves it.

My inquiry is when out and about. 

Edited by MotorSarge