Pizza Chains or Local

stevewool
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, MotorSarge said:

Yes Steve, me and the Asawa make home made about once a month for the last 15 years+ and we have perfected it to where all our family loves it.

My inquiry is when out and about. 

I enjoy Yellowcab , Ems likes any 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I use Dexters, seems to be outlets in most Places, they have a Website

Jack are you actually saying you like Dexter?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Jack are you actually saying you like Dexter?

:shades: YEP!

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2024 at 7:55 AM, MotorSarge said:

For those that eat Pizza.

What is your personnel pizza preference from either pizza chains or local pizzeria?

I have only had pizza from the chains of Yellow Cab, Shakies & Greenwhich all which were okay....nothing impressive.

S@R and yellow cab to me are not a pizza, they are a pie. Each to their own, we love a local pizza parlor near by, they do a lovely crisp pizza less than 2cm thick. Thats to us tasty..

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, RBM said:

Thats to us tasty..

Exactly my point about different national tastes. To Americans thin pizza is actually a Tostada. :hystery:

But you are right in one sense......Another term Americans use when referring to pizza is pizza PIE. 

Dean Martin actually sang a song about it in the '50's

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big pizza pie, that's amore
Edited by scott h
add
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

S@R and yellow cab to me are not a pizza, they are a pie. Each to their own, we love a local pizza parlor near by, they do a lovely crisp pizza less than 2cm thick. Thats to us tasty..

I agree with your definitions of pizza. RBM.... do not ever go to Chicago or even New York city (for a variety of reasons actually) because they both offer "deep dish pizza," which, to me is a delight in gastronomic overload (I always need Alka Seltzer after eating them!) with lots of sauce, cheese and a ton of toppings. One or two slices is a complete meal!

But like you said, "Each to their own." 

The best pizza I ever had was in a place called the "Black Bar," in Florence Italy. Italy is known, of course, as the birth place for pizza with the original Neapolitan pizza consisting of thin crust - as you prefer - sauce and anchovies. However, the Black Bar pizza was similar to many American tastes and thick, loaded with sauce and toppings (and this, back in 1973). Personally, I would still stick with S & R or homemade here in Philippines.... Home made is then exactly as one may prefer!

• Like 2