Weather

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have a few friends who live here in England but have a house in the Philippines and also a few who holiday each year to the Philippines too and they all say the weather does become unbearable for them , one couple holidays from November to early May in the Vigan area then it is just to hot so they fly back home , another couple have just flown out for a holiday and are saying it’s just to hot and they are Filipina too.

So can it become to hot for those of you who have made the Philippines your home ,by the way I had to scrape the window screen on the car this morning and at the moment it’s 2 degrees here 

• Haha 1

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

I think being a snowbird is the way.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Ozzyboy said:

I think being a snowbird is the way.

Snowbirds  enjoy it while you can, Rumour from The BI is they are going to put a stop to it, They don't want it, they want people who will add all year stability from immigrants :tiphat:

• Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Snowbirds  enjoy it while you can, Rumour from The BI is they are going to put a stop to it, They don't want it, they want people who will add all year stability from immigrants :tiphat:

Tell us more please.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Guy F. said:

Tell us more please.

The BB rule has been relaxed now for a number of years, (the Law says that the filipino spouse should be out of the Country for 1 year or more)  It has been hinted may times that this relaxed issue may be stopped and the letter of the law be instigated , further to this snowbirding will follow. Each Year so many come from all over using the BB privilege at a Cost to immigration from foreigners living here for the 1 year BB Free, This has been on the cards for some years But I tend to think they mean it this year,

So  When I was doing mymy annual report I was informed by the BI, when a  US guy flew at the  Immigration officer who refused a 6 month extension on his  going to a 9a Visa after his BB was up. we all moan about the laxity at times of the PI but when they put things in gear we still moan and winge, I am only the messenger here so please don't shoot me, If in doubt go check it out, before things happen and serious questions are asked or moan when they don't let you in at some stage :tiphat:

• Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Almost 10pm here, and down to 30C outside.

Yes, it has been a bit warm of late.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

It has been exceptionally warm this year and less rain than usual.  I got up at 5:30 this morning and the temperature was 30.   The humidity is was makes it feel so hot.  I have been tracking the heat index recently and it has been over 43 for the past 2-3 weeks.  One day last week the heat index reached 52!  Public schools have been canceled for about two weeks due to the heat.  Most, perhaps all, pubic schools do not have air conditioning.   The department of education is in the process of changing the school year back to what it used to be where students take a two month break in April and May.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

It has been exceptionally warm this year and less rain than usual.  I got up at 5:30 this morning and the temperature was 30.   The humidity is was makes it feel so hot.  I have been tracking the heat index recently and it has been over 43 for the past 2-3 weeks.  One day last week the heat index reached 52!  Public schools have been canceled for about two weeks due to the heat.  Most, perhaps all, pubic schools do not have air conditioning.   The department of education is in the process of changing the school year back to what it used to be where students take a two month break in April and May.

The teachers will be furious - they'll lose those 2 weeks additional holiday! :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Heat index yesterday at 2:00 pm was an incredible 54.  

• Sad 2

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Heat index yesterday at 2:00 pm was an incredible 54.  

Thats purdy HOT and catastrophic breathing for the elderly.

• Sad 1