Us Account ? > Xoom With Lower Fees

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted

Xoom.com has lower fees when you fund your money transfer with a US bank account for Peso payout, for example up to $2,999 to the Philippines for $4.99.post-485-12636330135265_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Genius
Posted
Posted
Xoom.com has lower fees when you fund your money transfer with a US bank account for Peso payout, for example up to $2,999 to the Philippines for $4.99.post-485-12636330135265_thumb.gif
Yes Xoom is quite US focused and UK myopic. I find customer services quite useless. I wanted to drop them but the alternative is WU who are even more annoying with their automation and their fees are higher. Oh well, better than using my UK bank. They really are the worst.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Yes Xoom is quite US focused and UK myopic. I find customer services quite useless. I wanted to drop them but the alternative is WU who are even more annoying with their automation and their fees are higher. Oh well, better than using my UK bank. They really are the worst.
Sorry to hear that, but from what I've heard from other people, XOOM is one of the better money remittance vehicle available on the internet! Just have to be patient and understand their system of doing things! Good luck!

stef
Posted
Posted
have you tried direct money transfer uk ltd or open an account with bpi in earls court londonlink for direct money...http://www.dmtuk.com/

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Genius if you need money moved to Cebu drop me a mail. Basically you transfer your funds into my UK bank account I pay out in the Philippines in pesos and it can all pretty much be done same day (as long as your funds clear in my alliance and leicester account). It can be transfered to a bank account or collect/delivery within Cebu/South obviously delivery has charges to cover fuel.

• 1 year later...
Dzighnman
Posted
Posted
This is how we have been doing it for years, never a problem and we do maybe 12-15 transfers a year, both to cash payout and to our PNB account. All from US accounts. The fees now are 5.99, and they roughly stick to a 1 php margin on the xfer, in line with most others we have tried. Our Philippine bank account shows the deposit in less than 2-3 minutes and our pickups are ready at most, 5 minutes after xfer initiation. Never had a problem at all.....looking to knock on wood :angry:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just wondering what people think of WorldRemit... Are they good? Bad? Indifferent?I tried to get Xoom in Canada but was told they don't operate here any more.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Never had a problem at all.
In all likelihood you will never have a problem. I did though, when Xoom changed their policies a long time back they just cut me off in mid transfer with a note: Sorry we don't do that anymore. Which can kind of leave you stuck if you are in need of that cash (and who isn't?)So needless to say I am one of the many who do not like Xoom if there is any alternative.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Here is one that I used before I got here and then for several months until my checks started clearing ...... you guys need to remember that all these companies also make money on the exchange rate ..... you nver ge the current rate but sometimes several pesos under the going rate ..... not much on $50 to $100 but start moving large amounts and it can add up quickly ...... I used both Xoom and these guys and these guys were cheper over all ....... I still maintain an active account with both companies ...... it never hurts to hve more than one wy to get money when you need it ...... http://www.remithome.com/remithome/common/home.do ...............Sorry for any misspelled words as my dmn spell checker quit working and I can't figure out why ........

• Like 1

Tiabel Harx
Posted
Posted

I have been using PNB bank (NY branch) for almost 8 years sending money to Philippines. I was terribly disappointed when they held my remittance for several days back in November 2011 saying it was their new policy. I tried Xoom but I never got through the registration process. I may try it again next time.I am now using Moneygram and so far, never had a problem.

• Like 1