Without The Women

softail
Posted
Posted

I was wondering how many of you guys would still be interested in the RP if it wern't for the women? I havn't experienced being single in the RP because I have always been with someone when I am there, however I feel like I am a rock star whenever we are out and have heard the story's from the single guys on the forums. I wasn't personaly drawn to the RP because of the women, I simply like the culture and the enviroment as well as the beauty of the place, my wife and I met in the USA. Anyway, what do you guys have to say about it?Doug and Sally

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I was wondering how many of you guys would still be interested in the RP if it wern't for the women? I havn't experienced being single in the RP because I have always been with someone when I am there, however I feel like I am a rock star whenever we are out and have heard the story's from the single guys on the forums. I wasn't personaly drawn to the RP because of the women, I simply like the culture and the enviroment as well as the beauty of the place, my wife and I met in the USA. Anyway, what do you guys have to say about it?Doug and Sally
Well that's a good question.Just my short story,a long time ago when I had an Australian girlfriend in an on and off relationship which lasted about 6 years I became fed up with it all and decided that it was over for good.My ex used to share a house with overseas Asian uni students and I always admired their ways and I guess some of them were attractive to me.Anyway while being single again I started to think about Asian women and my thoughts were drawn back to quite a few years earlier when I worked with a guy who had a Filipino wife,he used to tell me about the culture and many things about the Philippines in general.This is when I decide to do some more research and to cut the story short I went to the Philippines to meet my first Asian girlfriend.While there in Cebu I just fell in love with the place and also got to see the many beautiful women,so to answer your question for me its a yes and no.The women do have a big impact on my relationship with the country but the women are part of the country anyway.Hope that make some sort of sense. :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

TheMason
Posted
Posted

In my opinion, there are only 3 things that make the Philippines a country worth living in; the women, wide use of English, and the low cost of living. Other than that, this place doesn't have much going for it that you can't easily find elsewhere. The other things people cite, importance of family, diving, culture, etc. are not unique to the Philippines and are just reasons guys give when they don't want to admit they came here for the women and cheap living.Disclaimer: I'm married, so change "women" to "woman" in my above statement.

• Like 2

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
As for me, I love the respect and kindness that I feel from Filipinos people in general. Of course my wife is from the Philippines so I am also there because of her but a good part of the culture is what has drawn me to the Philippines and we do not have to live there yet we want to live there (part time for now) to both make my wife happy because she is the happiest when we are there and because I really love the people and the country, and besides all that I am the foreigner while in the US and not shown much respect by those who have recently transplanted themselves to the US yet when in the Philippines I am also a foreigner but seem to be treated with a lot of respect, so yes it is the woman because of my wife but no it is not the women because I would never even think of another woman except maybe while joking around. My wife is the best thing that ever happened to me and I believe it was her culture that made her that way. Oh, yes I do like the attention that the women give me and I am sure it is good for my ego.
  • Like 2

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

All true but I am sure none of us would be there if there were no women. Pun intended. thumbs-up-smile.gif

til
Posted
Posted
The other things people cite ..., diving ... are not unique to the Philippines
I have to disagree on that, the underwater life in the phils is quite special. Of course you can dive elswhere, but the biodiversity is extremly high here ( said to be the highest worldwide) and there are a lot of unique dive sites all around the islands.Well, having said that, for me it was my now fiancee that sparked my interest in the phils."The women" was never really a reason, because it was and is only this one woman I'm really interested in.But the country and the people do have their special charm. Climate, nature and the way people are is what I like about the phils.

Singers
Posted
Posted

Hi Doug & Sally,I am a "Newby" having just joined this AM. Good Question. In my case I first visited PI in 1976 with my wife and 2 sons. My Sis-in-Law lived in Manila.I did not have the "Movie Star" experience. My Blond curly haired son did in Luna Park. He was "Mobbed" by 20+ young Filipina. Fondling his cheeks and hair. He was 5 years old!!. My other son is Black haired, as handsome, but was virtually ignored.I planned to live in PI for my health when I retired. The Climate, Religion and English speaking population together with low cost of living attracted me. Living in Singapore I had the Cream, the Garden City State, a Top Asian economy but the "City" stress was unsuitable for me and the Visa requirements were a hindrancewhen retired.I now have a PI 13A Visa and a home in Leyte with my Filipina wife Cristina. My trip was planned to research PI with no plan to get romantically involved at that time. Now, with Cristina, ALL my life has changed for the better and my Love for Cristina is "JUST"?? a little more than my love of PI and its people.!!!Regards to you and Sally and all members.Tom & "Tex"

Travis
Posted
Posted

I moved here because it is cheap to live & the beautiful ladies are a real plus to look at & maybe for me to catch one someday

redranger
Posted
Posted

I will be here on March 6 for my first visit. I'm looking at the Philippines as a possible retirement venue. The cost of living is a huge factor in wanting to make a visit. The widespread use of English is also a factor. The ladies? We'll see. BTW I'm very excited :welcome: about my first visit. I will mainly be staying in Cebu City but will be traveling around the country a bit.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I will be here on March 6 for my first visit. I'm looking at the Philippines as a possible retirement venue. The cost of living is a huge factor in wanting to make a visit. The widespread use of English is also a factor. The ladies? We'll see. BTW I'm very excited :welcome: about my first visit. I will mainly be staying in Cebu City but will be traveling around the country a bit.
Glad you are excited and I am sure you will have a great time and find what you seek. As for prices, they will be a lot less as you get out of the city but rents are still pretty reasonable in Cebu City as long as you do not jump at the kano (all round eyes are thought to be kanos by many Filipinos) price and search around some for the best deal as there are plenty of pension houses that you can stay while you do your searching. Also, if you are still in Cebu City on the 12th of March, join us for our forum get together and the time and place will be posted as we get closer and once I get there in early Feb and make sure the places I and others like are still open and still have good food, drinks and prices.