Without The Women

redranger
Posted
Posted
I will be here on March 6 for my first visit. I'm looking at the Philippines as a possible retirement venue. The cost of living is a huge factor in wanting to make a visit. The widespread use of English is also a factor. The ladies? We'll see. BTW I'm very excited :welcome: about my first visit. I will mainly be staying in Cebu City but will be traveling around the country a bit.
Glad you are excited and I am sure you will have a great time and find what you seek. As for prices, they will be a lot less as you get out of the city but rents are still pretty reasonable in Cebu City as long as you do not jump at the kano (all round eyes are thought to be kanos by many Filipinos) price and search around some for the best deal as there are plenty of pension houses that you can stay while you do your searching. Also, if you are still in Cebu City on the 12th of March, join us for our forum get together and the time and place will be posted as we get closer and once I get there in early Feb and make sure the places I and others like are still open and still have good food, drinks and prices.
As a matter of fact I will be in Cebu City on the 12th. I am looking forward to that event and to meeting you folks.SugarwareZ-005.gif

Steve
Posted
Posted

I have to agree with Mr. Lee about the respect and kindness. For me, what I see in the US, if you were bleeding in the street, everyone would keep walking. I believe that I'd still be interested in the Philippines. I also prefer the simplicity of the provincial life compared to the city. There's nothing like waking up to the roosters in the morning. And being in the Philippines is the only place that I've been where I am actually at peace.

TheMason
Posted
Posted

My wife and I were walking down the streets of Baguio just down from the police station and in front of a BDO with a security guard out front. On the sidewalk, some guy was getting robbed and stabbed. Nobody intervened or offered to help the guy, including the police and security guards less than 20 yards away, the other pedestrians, or my wife and I. Nobody wanted to get involved.There was a recent case of a woman in Toledo, OH getting raped on the street in broad daylight and nobody helped her. A few people called 911 but did not intervene directly. Several people that saw it happen said they weren't sure if it was an attack or consensual sex. Either way though, you'd think sex on the sidewalk would get someone's attention.Indifference to the plight of strangers is a universal phenomenon.

Singers
Posted
Posted
My wife and I were walking down the streets of Baguio just down from the police station and in front of a BDO with a security guard out front. On the sidewalk, some guy was getting robbed and stabbed. Nobody intervened or offered to help the guy, including the police and security guards less than 20 yards away, the other pedestrians, or my wife and I.Indifference to the plight of strangers is a universal phenomenon.
Well I dislike the modern UK but the people including the Ladies are NOT gutless.Recently in Birmingham, UK, a Mugger wielding a knife ran when Police arrived, with the handbag he just stolen, into a Bar and out the back. 3 youths drinking there - gave chase -- captured him and held him 'till Police caught up. ALL cought on Public CCTV. I, "sad old fool" that I am, could not just stand and watch. At the very least I would "embarrass" the Guards?? into SOME sort of action.... The Bank guards I see in PI have Shotguns... EVEN an empty Shotgun is a formidable weapon?Perhaps I might think "what if it was my wife/sister or even the Ex.Mom in Law??Very sad