Cebu: British National And Family Ambushed

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
Two teenagers were found dead in the highway of Balamban town just as a British man and his family reported they were ambushed in the area by two men on a motorcycle. While members of the Provincial Intelligence Branch (PIB) were investigating the ambush on Frank Richard Bell, 60, and his family past 3 p.m. Sunday, the Balamban Police Station was also busy trying to find out the circumstances surrounding the death of two teenagers found in Barangay Cansumoroy.Acting Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) Director Erson Digal said they are waiting for the results of an autopsy to find out if the teenagers were shot. He said there were wounds that appeared to be caused by a gunshot but said only a medico-legal officer could say for sure. The two were identified as Marlon Allan Flores Borja, 19, and Harold Flores, 17, his cousin. Initially, Bell said when two men on a motorcycle shot at his vehicle, he ran them over and sped towards Cebu City without checking to see what happened to them. Bell's Kia Sorento had five bullet holes. He also suffered some injuries on his face. One of the bullets shot through the top part of his windshield and shattered the glass.Digal said Borja's father claimed his son had an affair with Bell's Filipino wife Juriza. Borja and Flores, who hailed from Toledo City, had asked permission to go to Balamban. Witnesses said they were seen standing by the road when the Kia Sorento passed by. They quickly hopped on their motorcycle and followed the van. Bell said as he was driving to Cebu City, the motorcycle with two men overtook his vehicle from the left side and suddenly shot at the vehicle. This was corroborated by witnesses who said they heard gunshots just as the motorcycle got close to the Sorento. Bell said he hit them and then drove straight to Cebu City to report the shooting to the police. The two were found sprawled on the concrete. A team from the Scene of the Crime Operatives recovered a motorcycle, two helmets, one of which was broken, three empty shells fired from a .45 pistol and their personal belongings. No gun was found. PIB Chief Rodolfo Albotra said they will invite Bell, Juriza, and their daughter's nanny Majessa Alcover to give their statements. For now, he said they could not consider Bell a suspect yet because he was a complainant.
Source: sunstar
Digal said Borja's father claimed his son had an affair with Bell's Filipino wife Juriza.
I guess, the Brit will have a problem ...
For now, he said they could not consider Bell a suspect yet because he was a complainant
Weird logic ...

UZI
Posted
Posted
Two teenagers were found dead in the highway of Balamban town just as a British man and his family reported they were ambushed in the area by two men on a motorcycle. While members of the Provincial Intelligence Branch (PIB) were investigating the ambush on Frank Richard Bell, 60, and his family past 3 p.m. Sunday, the Balamban Police Station was also busy trying to find out the circumstances surrounding the death of two teenagers found in Barangay Cansumoroy.Acting Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) Director Erson Digal said they are waiting for the results of an autopsy to find out if the teenagers were shot. He said there were wounds that appeared to be caused by a gunshot but said only a medico-legal officer could say for sure. The two were identified as Marlon Allan Flores Borja, 19, and Harold Flores, 17, his cousin. Initially, Bell said when two men on a motorcycle shot at his vehicle, he ran them over and sped towards Cebu City without checking to see what happened to them. Bell's Kia Sorento had five bullet holes. He also suffered some injuries on his face. One of the bullets shot through the top part of his windshield and shattered the glass.Digal said Borja's father claimed his son had an affair with Bell's Filipino wife Juriza. Borja and Flores, who hailed from Toledo City, had asked permission to go to Balamban. Witnesses said they were seen standing by the road when the Kia Sorento passed by. They quickly hopped on their motorcycle and followed the van. Bell said as he was driving to Cebu City, the motorcycle with two men overtook his vehicle from the left side and suddenly shot at the vehicle. This was corroborated by witnesses who said they heard gunshots just as the motorcycle got close to the Sorento. Bell said he hit them and then drove straight to Cebu City to report the shooting to the police. The two were found sprawled on the concrete. A team from the Scene of the Crime Operatives recovered a motorcycle, two helmets, one of which was broken, three empty shells fired from a .45 pistol and their personal belongings. No gun was found. PIB Chief Rodolfo Albotra said they will invite Bell, Juriza, and their daughter's nanny Majessa Alcover to give their statements. For now, he said they could not consider Bell a suspect yet because he was a complainant.
Source: sunstar
Digal said Borja's father claimed his son had an affair with Bell's Filipino wife Juriza.
I guess, the Brit will have a problem ...
For now, he said they could not consider Bell a suspect yet because he was a complainant
Weird logic ...
As usual, the standard of reporting is terrible. You have to read through to realize that the 2 teenagers at the start of the report are the same 2 who shot at Bell & were later found dead with suspected gunshot wounds. So the sequence of events is very unclear, how did they end up dead from gunshot wounds & what happened to the gun? Is Bell the innocent victim or did he run them over then stopped to shoot them & take the gun? Where is Sherlock Holmes when ya need him SugarwareZ-004.gifTaz

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Sorry but I read that last night and was going to post it but the story did not make any sense to me and I was not even sure what I should post so it would make sense to the members. Thanks guys for clearing it up for me. One dead Filipino, I dead FilAm and possibly one British National who lives in Cebu and who may have shot them or more likely than not, his wife's family hired someone to do it or it was just family justice. I hope the test they do on the British National comes up negative for gun power residue. The fun of living in the Philippines. One has to take the good with the bad and there is surely more good than bad IMO.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Sorry but I read that last night and was going to post it but the story did not make any sense to me and I was not even sure what I should post so it would make sense to the members. Thanks guys for clearing it up for me. One dead Filipino, I dead FilAm and possibly one British National who lives in Cebu and who may have shot them or more likely than not, his wife's family hired someone to do it or it was just family justice. I hope the test they do on the British National comes up negative for gun power residue. The fun of living in the Philippines. One has to take the good with the bad and there is surely more good than bad IMO.
Once again, it illustrates the dangers faced if you pick the wrong woman. The wife was banging one of the dead guys, and the dead guys just happened to know when and where the car would be passing by so they could ambush it. Just another day in the life of a foreigner in the Philippines. If you aren't shot up by your wife, in-laws, off-duty police, fishing mafia, or random street thugs....its a good day.

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted

Another article:

British expat runs down and kills teen ambushersPolice in the Philippines said that retired banker Frank Bell, 60, ran over the teenagers on the island of Cebu. One of the teenagers was alleged to be known to Mr Bell's 28-year-old Filipina wife Juriza. In a statement made to Cebu Provincial Police, Mr Bell, from Manchester, said he was driving with his wife and their four-year-old daughter Savanna when he was overtaken by the youths on a motorcycle and shot at several times. The youths also rode on ahead, it was alleged, parked up, and fired several more shots as he approached. "According to Bell, he hit the motorcycle where the gunman and the minor were, and they were flung to the side of the road," said Senior Police Supt. Erson Digal. The victims, Borja and Harold Flores, aged 17 and 19, were both Philippine nationals. Police Superintendent Rudolfo Albotra said: "Mr Bell said he ran the boys over in self defence." "Tests have been done on his hands to check for gun powder residue. We need to rule out the possibility that he fired the shots himself." At the Citylights Garden Condominium a management official said Mr Bell had been resident in Cebu for two years and was previously living in Manila, after working as a banker in Hong Kong.
Source: telegraph.co.uk

UZI
Posted
Posted
Another article:
British expat runs down and kills teen ambushersPolice in the Philippines said that retired banker Frank Bell, 60, ran over the teenagers on the island of Cebu. One of the teenagers was alleged to be known to Mr Bell's 28-year-old Filipina wife Juriza. In a statement made to Cebu Provincial Police, Mr Bell, from Manchester, said he was driving with his wife and their four-year-old daughter Savanna when he was overtaken by the youths on a motorcycle and shot at several times. The youths also rode on ahead, it was alleged, parked up, and fired several more shots as he approached. "According to Bell, he hit the motorcycle where the gunman and the minor were, and they were flung to the side of the road," said Senior Police Supt. Erson Digal. The victims, Borja and Harold Flores, aged 17 and 19, were both Philippine nationals. Police Superintendent Rudolfo Albotra said: "Mr Bell said he ran the boys over in self defence." "Tests have been done on his hands to check for gun powder residue. We need to rule out the possibility that he fired the shots himself." At the Citylights Garden Condominium a management official said Mr Bell had been resident in Cebu for two years and was previously living in Manila, after working as a banker in Hong Kong.
Source: telegraph.co.uk
What a difference when reported by a British newspaper. Still doesn't add up though. Why, if they wanted to kill Bell (isn't that a movie :crack-up:) would he stop ahead & shoot. Too much danger of random hits on other passengers & also, as happened, getting run over. As with all these reports, there is MUCH more to it than it seems & usually the foreigner isn't so innocent either. Life here is not like this though:
TheMason Posted Yesterday, 08:55 PMJust another day in the life of a foreigner in the Philippines. If you aren't shot up by your wife, in-laws, off-duty police, fishing mafia, or random street thugs....its a good day.
from my experience or from that of anyone I know but like anywhere else, play with fire & you could get burnt or worse.TAZ

Singers
Posted
Posted

: "Mr Bell said he ran the boys over in self defence." "Tests have been done on his hands to check for gun powder residue. We need to rule out the possibility that he fired the shots himself." At the Citylights Garden Condominium a management official said Mr Bell had been resident in Cebu for two years and was previously living in Manila, after working as a banker in Hong Kong. Source: telegraph.co.ukWhat a difference when reported by a British newspaper. Still doesn't add up though. Why, if they wanted to kill Bell (isn't that a movie :crack-up:) would he stop ahead & shoot. Too much danger of random hits on other passengers & also, as happened, getting run over. As with all these reports, there is MUCH more to it than it seems & usually the foreigner isn't so innocent either. Life here is not like this though:from my experience or from that of anyone I know but like anywhere else, play with fire & you could get burnt or worse. TAZOK , Reported... Wife - teenager lover - affair - shots - ran over - SELF defense with a TRUCK ... ???In 1st World War 1918+ (Germany/UK/ETC) Army runners took verbal "messages" from front line to HQ and they were spaced out on the route. Ran say 500 Mtr. gave verbal message to the next runner...and so on to Head Quarters. A Message was given "Send reinforcements - we are going to ADVANCE"!. When the last runner reached HQ he (allegedly) blurted out " Send 3 and fourpence - we are going to a Dance"? (3 shillings and 4 pennies) 10 witness to a incident will give more than 9 different versions of the event - proven..Tom

UZI
Posted
Posted
: "Mr Bell said he ran the boys over in self defence." "Tests have been done on his hands to check for gun powder residue. We need to rule out the possibility that he fired the shots himself." At the Citylights Garden Condominium a management official said Mr Bell had been resident in Cebu for two years and was previously living in Manila, after working as a banker in Hong Kong.
Source: telegraph.co.ukWhat a difference when reported by a British newspaper. Still doesn't add up though. Why, if they wanted to kill Bell (isn't that a movie :crack-up:) would he stop ahead & shoot. Too much danger of random hits on other passengers & also, as happened, getting run over. As with all these reports, there is MUCH more to it than it seems & usually the foreigner isn't so innocent either. Life here is not like this though:from my experience or from that of anyone I know but like anywhere else, play with fire & you could get burnt or worse. TAZOK , Reported... Wife - teenager lover - affair - shots - ran over - SELF defense with a TRUCK ... ???In 1st World War 1918+ (Germany/UK/ETC) Army runners took verbal "messages" from front line to HQ and they were spaced out on the route. Ran say 500 Mtr. gave verbal message to the next runner...and so on to Head Quarters. A Message was given "Send reinforcements - we are going to ADVANCE"!. When the last runner reached HQ he (allegedly) blurted out " Send 3 and fourpence - we are going to a Dance"? (3 shillings and 4 pennies) 10 witness to a incident will give more than 9 different versions of the event - proven..TomOld old joke that one. It is called Chinese Whispers that is why the police will look for corroborated evidence not that of a single witness.TAZ

UZI
Posted
Posted

Latest and now version of events number 3. Now Bell didn't run them over but his car has dents. No one was shot but he has powder burns........:crack-up:

'Gunmen', Briton found positive for powder burns By Jucell Marie CuyosCebu Daily News First Posted 07:07:00 02/03/2010The two men who allegedly shot at a vehicle of a British national and were later found dead by the roadside in Balamban town tested positive for gunpowder burns, police said yesterday. The alleged ambush target, Frank Richard Bell, 60, also tested positive. But none of the parties suffered gunshot wounds.With this, police will look deeper into the case which appears to involve a love triangle, said Senior Supt. Erson Digal, director of the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO). Positive paraffin test results are not yet conclusive evidence that a subject had recently fired a gun.Digal said the autopsy report revealed that 19-year-old Filipino-American Marlon Allan Flores Borja and his cousin Harold Flores, did not have gunshot wounds. Digal said the two men died from injuries suffered from a motorcycle crash.Bell, a resident of Cebu City, earlier told police that he drove straight to the CPPO headquarters in Cebu City to report the ambush after his Kia Sorento was fired upon by the two motorcycle-riding men Sunday afternoon. Digal told reporters the Briton admitted that he didn't stop and instead drove straight ahead, hitting the motorcycle and the two men. No charges have been filed yet. Bell's lawyer, Roland S. Baquiano, called CEBU DAILY NEWS to clarify that his client did not run over the two men.He said the two suspects were still alive on the motorbike as the British national overtook them on the road as he sped to Cebu City. The lawyer said Bell had nothing to do with the death of the two men and voluntarily submitted to a paraffin test to prove his innocence.The lawyer said the two men who were found dead on the road could be different from the persons who had ambushed the foreigner's vehicle. If they were the same, they were run over by someone else and not by Bell, said Baquiano.Digal said he instructed his men to bring the motorcycle to the CPPO headquarters for examination including the five empty shells found near the bodies of the two men. Police earlier said a love triangle could be the motive in the ambush after Digal learned from Borja's father that his 19-year-old son was suspected of having a relationship with the foreigner's wife. During the ambush, Bell's 28-year-old wife, four-year-old daughter and the child's nanny were in the vehicle.Initial investigation by the Balamban police station showed that the incident took place about 4 p.m. along the Transcentral Highway in barangay Cansumoroy, Balamban town last Sunday. Borja and Flores allegedly followed the vehicle, drove beside it and opened fire. Bell suffered minor face injuries after he was hit by glass from the broken windshield. His vehicle showed several dents.Inquirer

mike
Posted
Posted
Once again, it illustrates the dangers faced if you pick the wrong woman. The wife was banging one of the dead guys, and the dead guys just happened to know when and where the car would be passing by so they could ambush it. Just another day in the life of a foreigner in the Philippines. If you aren't shot up by your wife, in-laws, off-duty police, fishing mafia, or random street thugs....its a good day.
Your local fishing mafia comment just reminded me: Just goes to show that even the local king pins can have a bad day at the office. Vice Mayor of Gingoog the place of the Stirms problems with fishing etc just lost round 1. The judge threw out the action for libel brought by the Vice Mayor against the Stirms and the team at the Goldstar Daily.Round one over and points in the bag for the Stirms.Ding Ding round 2 MThe Case against the Gingoog authorities is due to be heard in CDO some time very soon.