Cebu: British National And Family Ambushed

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Sorry but I read that last night and was going to post it but the story did not make any sense to me and I was not even sure what I should post so it would make sense to the members. Thanks guys for clearing it up for me. One dead Filipino, I dead FilAm and possibly one British National who lives in Cebu and who may have shot them or more likely than not, his wife's family hired someone to do it or it was just family justice. I hope the test they do on the British National comes up negative for gun power residue. The fun of living in the Philippines. One has to take the good with the bad and there is surely more good than bad IMO.
Once again, it illustrates the dangers faced if you pick the wrong woman. The wife was banging one of the dead guys, and the dead guys just happened to know when and where the car would be passing by so they could ambush it. Just another day in the life of a foreigner in the Philippines. If you aren't shot up by your wife, in-laws, off-duty police, fishing mafia, or random street thugs....its a good day.
Your local fishing mafia comment just reminded me: Just goes to show that even the local king pins can have a bad day at the office. Vice Mayor of Gingoog the place of the Stirms problems with fishing etc just lost round 1. The judge threw out the action for libel brought by the Vice Mayor against the Stirms and the team at the Goldstar Daily.Round one over and points in the bag for the Stirms.Ding Ding round 2 MThe Case against the Gingoog authorities is due to be heard in CDO some time very soon.
I was wondering just the other day about that case as its been quite for awhile now,thanks for the update :crack-up:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Sorry but I read that last night and was going to post it but the story did not make any sense to me and I was not even sure what I should post so it would make sense to the members. Thanks guys for clearing it up for me. One dead Filipino, I dead FilAm and possibly one British National who lives in Cebu and who may have shot them or more likely than not, his wife's family hired someone to do it or it was just family justice. I hope the test they do on the British National comes up negative for gun power residue. The fun of living in the Philippines. One has to take the good with the bad and there is surely more good than bad IMO.
Once again, it illustrates the dangers faced if you pick the wrong woman. The wife was banging one of the dead guys, and the dead guys just happened to know when and where the car would be passing by so they could ambush it. Just another day in the life of a foreigner in the Philippines. If you aren't shot up by your wife, in-laws, off-duty police, fishing mafia, or random street thugs....its a good day.
Your local fishing mafia comment just reminded me: Just goes to show that even the local king pins can have a bad day at the office. Vice Mayor of Gingoog the place of the Stirms problems with fishing etc just lost round 1. The judge threw out the action for libel brought by the Vice Mayor against the Stirms and the team at the Goldstar Daily.Round one over and points in the bag for the Stirms.Ding Ding round 2 MThe Case against the Gingoog authorities is due to be heard in CDO some time very soon.
I heard the Stirms were no longer in the Philippines due to death threats, and if so then that is probably a good thing for them IMO. While they may, and I say may win in court in the end, they will never be able to stay away from the possibility of revenge because they made some people lose face and they would probably have to look over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. While I believe their case is a just one, an expat would have a hard time coming out winning in the end and I have to wonder why they were fishing that close in, in the first place. If I had a fishing boat that size, then I would have been out in the ocean and not near the inlet but that is just me and I am not a fisherman, but my brother-in-law who is a Filipino is and he tells me they go all the way out and stay away from land and other towns in order to have a good catch and not piss anyone off.

mike
Posted
Posted
I heard the Stirms were no longer in the Philippines due to death threats, and if so then that is probably a good thing for them IMO. While they may, and I say may win in court in the end, they will never be able to stay away from the possibility of revenge because they made some people lose face and they would probably have to look over their shoulders for the rest of their lives. While I believe their case is a just one, an expat would have a hard time coming out winning in the end and I have to wonder why they were fishing that close in, in the first place. If I had a fishing boat that size, then I would have been out in the ocean and not near the inlet but that is just me and I am not a fisherman, but my brother-in-law who is a Filipino is and he tells me they go all the way out and stay away from land and other towns in order to have a good catch and not piss anyone off.
They were fishing were the fish were along side most of the other boats. Yes they need to be away for now. Not sure that it will end badly at all. Like all things it will be amount of money involved and not where they will choose to live etcGoldstar has reported a falling out of the mayor and vice mayor over suggestions that the vice is having ambitions above his political station, a case of not knowing his place etc.Court Case will take its time for sure.