The Philippines, Your Positive Or Negative Thoughts

Mik
Posted
Posted

Stuff's cheaper here and it never snows..

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Stuff's cheaper here and it never snows.
True -- It never snows....Groceries are cheaper and normal daily requirements also AND the smiles are FREE! and those "LOOK'S" priceless... Cheaper "stuff"? (ie Electronics/furnishings etc) is usually very poor quality and with the PHP rate continuing to fall against Euro currenciesI am uneasy.Since my decision is now confirmed, as Cristina is happiest in PI, I have to "suck up" seeing the PHP/GBP exchange rate drop bycirca 35% since I committed to retire to PI.But I do not regret my (our) decision. We built our house 4 years ago , luckily, before the recent building material price hike's (Steel/Cement) and the Toys (M/cycle/LCD TV Etc)were also bought at that time. Not buying a MPV then was not a mistake, fortunately, and can wait until we have "Landed" permanently.!Kind regards,UK Tom:thumbsup: Edited by Singers

Travis
Posted
Posted

cheap rent & cheap taxis & cheap cable tv & cheap places to eat in the side streets & cheap used clothing & free incoming calls & text on my cell phone & good deals in stores when there are sales but many things are also expensive here to people who do not know where & wnen to shop

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
cheap rent & cheap taxis & cheap cable tv & cheap places to eat in the side streets & cheap used clothing & free incoming calls & text on my cell phone & good deals in stores when there are sales but many things are also expensive here to people who do not know where & wnen to shop
It appears I have missed much.!?UK Tom:tiphat: Edited by Singers

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Alright, time to speak my mind here, so fire away! Yes, I am just a guest. :yes:How many expats start with a woman, and then work backwards in there PI/RP compliments from there? And then, really REALLY stretch it out into trying to make themselves believe that this is indeed paradise .... complete with any town PI/RP videos with the same trikes and crappy cribs?I believe what Lee says is true, it's all a matter of how much you earn versus what your needs are. If you are used to a poor existence in your home country, with no basics, then your expectations are less here. If you troll around in Alberta Canada for the winter, I doubt you will not be having an air con for your bedroom and rarely leaving it. The absolute major concern for me in any third world country would be, especially given the ages of many who reside here, as well as the drinking and eating habits of many expats...is the Medical. Or lack of. I can't begin to tell you of the horror stories of so many expats, and how they get to Thailand as soon as they can for any proper care, if they make it. IMHO, the negatives are so much more, FAR more then the positives in ANY third world country, and it all boils down to the woman. If any expat here had his manhood cut off, I can guarantee you he would be living back at your original western country, unless you were married (although I don't see that lasting with your thingee laying in the street somewhere, being eaten by a rat dog). The fact is, you can't put sugar on sh&t and make it taste better. Third world countries are sh&t, and yes, the young pretty ladies are the sugar, but the sh&t is still sh&t. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, after all scientists confirm human life consists of thinking of sex every 6 seconds, and steak and lobster every 4. So, with the lack of steaks and lobsters, I personally think of sex every 2 seconds, and oatmeal every 12. Now, if you are able to be happy with a woman a third the size and age of your ex wife, and who enjoys sex with you....and actually seems to love you and respect you after she sees your first wet fart go wild in your undies, then please enjoy that as far as paradise is concerned. I personally find it silly many will say the charm and warmth of the locals, and on another thread others are telling the truth and saying the language is such a barrier that they all sit in uncomfortable silence. Yes, I have met and befriended many educated (does not mean smarter) filipino "men", and we can talk MMA and even politics of the philippines, but the charm? I can't say it enough, if you get rid of the woman in any third world country, it is no longer paradise for the expats, and they are not here. Period. Let's see, before I get ripped for speaking the truth here and dare to say the Philippines is a typical third world country, but even worst, with the only aspect the woman, let me throw out some thoughts, and facts. And please, I have heard all the "then why do you stay here arguments"...this is a simple reply pertaining to the thread title, so here goes.Do you see any western married couples retiring in the Philippines? You see many in Costa Rica, Panama...hell, I even know of many in Thailand. Not here....just sexpats and married expats...to filipinas. The food? Now, I am comparing it against other countries of the third world. Disgusting. Charm?....or uncomfortable silence...and I am not talking the educated brother who is in school, but the charm of the hopped up on Rum hut dwellers across from the sari sari with the videoke next door blasting some love song out of crappy speakers. Is that really charming? How about when the drunk uncle pees on the videoke floor and your GF's sister, who is mentally challenged, steps in it? Filth and living conditions still charming? How about the beaches...and what they have done to destroy so many of them? And the fact there are so many people they nearly have taken the entire jungle away to make some money, leaving a once beautiful and stunning country bare naked in most areas? Costa Rica comes to mind here, and how you can have a third world country USE those resources, save them, and make money with tourism...while supplying medical to the country...actual good health care for all. It's actually SAD to see a country so rich in natural resources, and yes, smiling locals (I guess that is the charm) be used by both the government and church until the best they can do is work over seas or marry some old fart. Hell, I can't even blame the crime on the streets, or scammers on the net. You can't put yourself in a hungry persons situation as you eat a pastrami sandwich on a cam, or dine at the marco polo buffet. Oh, and all the cheap this and that's? Those are in any third world country. The BIGGEST draw of the PI/RP, aside from the beautiful woman many third world countries have, is the fact you can get by in most areas with English. Will you have a fluent conversation with those from the province? No. Will you have a intelligent conversation about world politics with any others? Probably not, but you CAN get a simple thought conveyed to most without the hand signals....and where to pee is never a problem here. :cheers:When I was in the Navy, I learned one thing, as we all did in the military. Make the best of what you have, and that is the attitude you need to live or "be" in any situation you might not find ideal. Hey, are you laying on a steam pipe in the engine room of a ship, waiting for a shipmate to get a breaker bar as you have come across a stuck bolt? Tired being up 48 hours? Hot? Well, you just earned 10 minutes of sleep while he looks, get that rag and make a pillow. There, you just made a more comfortable situation with a greasy rag. THAT is how I get by here, here and any other places I have lived. Certain things I MUST have? well...to the extent that I would not need to put myself in any situation without these needs no matter how easy or young or pretty the woman are.1- Air Con in bedroom ...need a retreat from the heat. And yes, I do a 1 hour exercise routine outside on the garage (carport) every morning, and sweat. I also walk 4 km's every day when the sun is out full blast. I do not mind sweating, and being from Phoenix, I can deal with the heat. But, I need to be cool as I sleep. If I sweat as I sleep, I have nightmares...some scary ones that awaken me, like my ex wife taking half my money. Oh...that was reality. BTW, why is it SO expensive here to use electricity? Could it be because of corruption, stupidity and too many people using a dwindling amount of resources? All three? You can cool an entire condo in Panama or even Thailand at the coast of one bedroom in this place.2- Wine in my home made spaghetti sauce, with basil, oregano, bay leaf, and FRESH onions and Garlic ....NOT just sugar. Thankfully I can go first world eating due to the Ayala malls two fine food shopping stations. 3- UFC on TV...must watch this to satisfy my remaining testosterone molecules...hehehe, Brock, you are going to get knocked the freck out! Thankfully I get balls on Skycable...4- Stuffed animals on my bed....yes, I still enjoy hugging a Teddy. It gives me comfort and security, and most important, it stops me from sucking on my thumb, a big thing being I use it to clean my ass after I poo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVCGKt61ix8&feature=playerDon't get me started on the Pagpag eating....and the church. :Mad:123But, I am just a guest, so my lips are sealed. :thumbsup:

cebuexpat
Posted
Posted

I will agree 100% for my case. I come here for the women, I stay here because I have no choice in the matter now. To much invested, and to much lost, stolen, cheated from me. I have to recover. But even when i do recover, I think the draw of the women would keep me here. So i wont deny that.As for my thoughts for foreigners who come here. Please listen. If you have a good retirement and some savings. KEEP IT. The Philippines is one of the greatest places in the World to come and retire, spend your pension or retirement for your needs. DONT DO BUSINESS HERE. That will ruin it all for you... Belive me I know what I am talking about. Even though I have one of the most succesful restaurants in my area. It was not always like that. I lost alot, a whole lot. Girls, Govenment, Thinking like a foreigner, and not really knowing what I was getting into really cost me..... I believe my life would have been so great, and I could have lived like a king. I was lucky to have a good amount when I arrived. But, thinking I could really do good here, not researching, not listening to other foreigners here. Thinking I was smarter than someone who been here for long time... I just really screwed up.But, now I have got it right. Took a long time, but now its going good. But I will have to spend 5 more years of my life just to recover what I orginally come with. So there you go. I would have been fine and alot better off not to do any business here. OR lets say at least the scale in which i done it. Smaller scale would probally be ok. Just make sure if you will be ok if its all is a loss and wont affect your life....Let me add, if you really, really have to, or want to do business here. First, please get with a well seasoned expat, who has been in business here for long time. Please listen to him and let him give advice and help (if he or she will ). All foreigners want to own a bikini bar (especially American). Its like a young boys dream. Let me tell you, its tough tough. I have never owned one, but I can tell you from much experience with friends. Better have all your I dotted and T's crossed and some real good connections, and a real good knowledge of the local business sense. If not you are in for a long hard road... They have been more bikini bars sold, trade hands, sold and repurchased, renovated, closed and opened than I would care to try to count. For me that is the biggest downfall for The Philippines. All the other things mentioned in other posts, Its all personal choice. I can live with most of those things and dont bother me. Sorry if i got off topic a little.....

Singers
Posted
Posted
Alright, time to speak my mind here, so fire away! Yes, I am just a guest. :yes:How many expats start with a woman, and then work backwards in there PI/RP compliments from there? And then, really REALLY stretch it out into trying to make themselves believe that this is indeed paradise .... complete with any town PI/RP videos with the same trikes and crappy cribs?I believe what Lee says is true, it's all a matter of how much you earn versus what your needs are. If you are used to a poor existence in your home country, with no basics, then your expectations are less here. If you troll around in Alberta Canada for the winter, I doubt you will not be having an air con for your bedroom and rarely leaving it. The absolute major concern for me in any third world country would be, especially given the ages of many who reside here, as well as the drinking and eating habits of many expats...is the Medical. Or lack of. I can't begin to tell you of the horror stories of so many expats, and how they get to Thailand as soon as they can for any proper care, if they make it. IMHO, the negatives are so much more, FAR more then the positives in ANY third world country, and it all boils down to the woman. If any expat here had his manhood cut off, I can guarantee you he would be living back at your original western country, unless you were married (although I don't see that lasting with your thingee laying in the street somewhere, being eaten by a rat dog). The fact is, you can't put sugar on sh&t and make it taste better. Third world countries are sh&t, and yes, the young pretty ladies are the sugar, but the sh&t is still sh&t. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, after all scientists confirm human life consists of thinking of sex every 6 seconds, and steak and lobster every 4. So, with the lack of steaks and lobsters, I personally think of sex every 2 seconds, and oatmeal every 12. Now, if you are able to be happy with a woman a third the size and age of your ex wife, and who enjoys sex with you....and actually seems to love you and respect you after she sees your first wet fart go wild in your undies, then please enjoy that as far as paradise is concerned. I personally find it silly many will say the charm and warmth of the locals, and on another thread others are telling the truth and saying the language is such a barrier that they all sit in uncomfortable silence. Yes, I have met and befriended many educated (does not mean smarter) filipino "men", and we can talk MMA and even politics of the philippines, but the charm? I can't say it enough, if you get rid of the woman in any third world country, it is no longer paradise for the expats, and they are not here. Period. Let's see, before I get ripped for speaking the truth here and dare to say the Philippines is a typical third world country, but even worst, with the only aspect the woman, let me throw out some thoughts, and facts. And please, I have heard all the "then why do you stay here arguments"...this is a simple reply pertaining to the thread title, so here goes.Do you see any western married couples retiring in the Philippines? You see many in Costa Rica, Panama...hell, I even know of many in Thailand. Not here....just sexpats and married expats...to filipinas. The food? Now, I am comparing it against other countries of the third world. Disgusting. Charm?....or uncomfortable silence...and I am not talking the educated brother who is in school, but the charm of the hopped up on Rum hut dwellers across from the sari sari with the videoke next door blasting some love song out of crappy speakers. Is that really charming? How about when the drunk uncle pees on the videoke floor and your GF's sister, who is mentally challenged, steps in it? Filth and living conditions still charming? How about the beaches...and what they have done to destroy so many of them? And the fact there are so many people they nearly have taken the entire jungle away to make some money, leaving a once beautiful and stunning country bare naked in most areas? Costa Rica comes to mind here, and how you can have a third world country USE those resources, save them, and make money with tourism...while supplying medical to the country...actual good health care for all. It's actually SAD to see a country so rich in natural resources, and yes, smiling locals (I guess that is the charm) be used by both the government and church until the best they can do is work over seas or marry some old fart. Hell, I can't even blame the crime on the streets, or scammers on the net. You can't put yourself in a hungry persons situation as you eat a pastrami sandwich on a cam, or dine at the marco polo buffet. Oh, and all the cheap this and that's? Those are in any third world country. The BIGGEST draw of the PI/RP, aside from the beautiful woman many third world countries have, is the fact you can get by in most areas with English. Will you have a fluent conversation with those from the province? No. Will you have a intelligent conversation about world politics with any others? Probably not, but you CAN get a simple thought conveyed to most without the hand signals....and where to pee is never a problem here. :cheers:When I was in the Navy, I learned one thing, as we all did in the military. Make the best of what you have, and that is the attitude you need to live or "be" in any situation you might not find ideal. Hey, are you laying on a steam pipe in the engine room of a ship, waiting for a shipmate to get a breaker bar as you have come across a stuck bolt? Tired being up 48 hours? Hot? Well, you just earned 10 minutes of sleep while he looks, get that rag and make a pillow. There, you just made a more comfortable situation with a greasy rag. THAT is how I get by here, here and any other places I have lived. Certain things I MUST have? well...to the extent that I would not need to put myself in any situation without these needs no matter how easy or young or pretty the woman are.1- Air Con in bedroom ...need a retreat from the heat. And yes, I do a 1 hour exercise routine outside on the garage (carport) every morning, and sweat. I also walk 4 km's every day when the sun is out full blast. I do not mind sweating, and being from Phoenix, I can deal with the heat. But, I need to be cool as I sleep. If I sweat as I sleep, I have nightmares...some scary ones that awaken me, like my ex wife taking half my money. Oh...that was reality. BTW, why is it SO expensive here to use electricity? Could it be because of corruption, stupidity and too many people using a dwindling amount of resources? All three? You can cool an entire condo in Panama or even Thailand at the coast of one bedroom in this place.2- Wine in my home made spaghetti sauce, with basil, oregano, bay leaf, and FRESH onions and Garlic ....NOT just sugar. Thankfully I can go first world eating due to the Ayala malls two fine food shopping stations. 3- UFC on TV...must watch this to satisfy my remaining testosterone molecules...hehehe, Brock, you are going to get knocked the freck out! Thankfully I get balls on Skycable...4- Stuffed animals on my bed....yes, I still enjoy hugging a Teddy. It gives me comfort and security, and most important, it stops me from sucking on my thumb, a big thing being I use it to clean my ass after I poo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVCGKt61ix8Don't get me started on the Pagpag eating....and the church. :Mad:123But, I am just a guest, so my lips are sealed. :tiphat:
YES tell it like IT IS InspectorCebueXpat has experienced the "Norm" of PI exPat business experience in the frustration of attempting to improve the deplorable mindSetheld by most PI workers.The Inspector has given a fair and accurate description of the reality of PI. The uTube film cannot be disputed. I have little doubt that the "BackFire" I anticipate to the above "Posts" will contain a huge "denial" element. :bonk:Thank you Inspector and CebueXpat.Sincere good wishes for your future.UK Tom

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Alright, time to speak my mind here, so fire away! Yes, I am just a guest. :yes:How many expats start with a woman, and then work backwards in there PI/RP compliments from there? And then, really REALLY stretch it out into trying to make themselves believe that this is indeed paradise .... complete with any town PI/RP videos with the same trikes and crappy cribs?I believe what Lee says is true, it's all a matter of how much you earn versus what your needs are. If you are used to a poor existence in your home country, with no basics, then your expectations are less here. If you troll around in Alberta Canada for the winter, I doubt you will not be having an air con for your bedroom and rarely leaving it. The absolute major concern for me in any third world country would be, especially given the ages of many who reside here, as well as the drinking and eating habits of many expats...is the Medical. Or lack of. I can't begin to tell you of the horror stories of so many expats, and how they get to Thailand as soon as they can for any proper care, if they make it. IMHO, the negatives are so much more, FAR more then the positives in ANY third world country, and it all boils down to the woman. If any expat here had his manhood cut off, I can guarantee you he would be living back at your original western country, unless you were married (although I don't see that lasting with your thingee laying in the street somewhere, being eaten by a rat dog). The fact is, you can't put sugar on sh&t and make it taste better. Third world countries are sh&t, and yes, the young pretty ladies are the sugar, but the sh&t is still sh&t. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, after all scientists confirm human life consists of thinking of sex every 6 seconds, and steak and lobster every 4. So, with the lack of steaks and lobsters, I personally think of sex every 2 seconds, and oatmeal every 12. Now, if you are able to be happy with a woman a third the size and age of your ex wife, and who enjoys sex with you....and actually seems to love you and respect you after she sees your first wet fart go wild in your undies, then please enjoy that as far as paradise is concerned. I personally find it silly many will say the charm and warmth of the locals, and on another thread others are telling the truth and saying the language is such a barrier that they all sit in uncomfortable silence. Yes, I have met and befriended many educated (does not mean smarter) filipino "men", and we can talk MMA and even politics of the philippines, but the charm? I can't say it enough, if you get rid of the woman in any third world country, it is no longer paradise for the expats, and they are not here. Period. Let's see, before I get ripped for speaking the truth here and dare to say the Philippines is a typical third world country, but even worst, with the only aspect the woman, let me throw out some thoughts, and facts. And please, I have heard all the "then why do you stay here arguments"...this is a simple reply pertaining to the thread title, so here goes.Do you see any western married couples retiring in the Philippines? You see many in Costa Rica, Panama...hell, I even know of many in Thailand. Not here....just sexpats and married expats...to filipinas. The food? Now, I am comparing it against other countries of the third world. Disgusting. Charm?....or uncomfortable silence...and I am not talking the educated brother who is in school, but the charm of the hopped up on Rum hut dwellers across from the sari sari with the videoke next door blasting some love song out of crappy speakers. Is that really charming? How about when the drunk uncle pees on the videoke floor and your GF's sister, who is mentally challenged, steps in it? Filth and living conditions still charming? How about the beaches...and what they have done to destroy so many of them? And the fact there are so many people they nearly have taken the entire jungle away to make some money, leaving a once beautiful and stunning country bare naked in most areas? Costa Rica comes to mind here, and how you can have a third world country USE those resources, save them, and make money with tourism...while supplying medical to the country...actual good health care for all. It's actually SAD to see a country so rich in natural resources, and yes, smiling locals (I guess that is the charm) be used by both the government and church until the best they can do is work over seas or marry some old fart. Hell, I can't even blame the crime on the streets, or scammers on the net. You can't put yourself in a hungry persons situation as you eat a pastrami sandwich on a cam, or dine at the marco polo buffet. Oh, and all the cheap this and that's? Those are in any third world country. The BIGGEST draw of the PI/RP, aside from the beautiful woman many third world countries have, is the fact you can get by in most areas with English. Will you have a fluent conversation with those from the province? No. Will you have a intelligent conversation about world politics with any others? Probably not, but you CAN get a simple thought conveyed to most without the hand signals....and where to pee is never a problem here. :cheers:
:th_thbestpost:Truer words have never been written. In my opinion, anyone that disagrees is still trying to convince themselves they're eating sugar despite all evidence to the contrary.Of course, that line about women having no options except to go OFW or marry an old fart clearly does not apply to me and my wife, 'cause I'm not old. :tiphat:
  • Like 1

Singers
Posted
Posted
:th_thbestpost:Truer words have never been written. In my opinion, anyone that disagrees is still trying to convince themselves they're eating sugar despite all evidence to the contrary.Of course, that line about women having no options except to go OFW or marry an old fart clearly does not apply to me and my wife, 'cause I'm not old. :tiphat:
:thumbs-up-smile:Yes MASON,AND I still think I am not a FART.UK Tom

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Well, for the record..I am an oldish fart, but a proud one! :thumbs-up-smile:Be right back...have to pee. :tiphat: