Security Guards

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted

i was asking myselfthe security guards in front of warehouses, does they come from a company?or does the guards need to have schooling license, before they can get a job, and before the warehouse can hire him?so, where do they come from??? SugarwareZ-047.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
i was asking myselfthe security guards in front of warehouses, does they come from a company?or does the guards need to have schooling license, before they can get a job, and before the warehouse can hire him?so, where do they come from??? SugarwareZ-047.gif
I can't answer that question but on a few to many occasions when returning to my hotel late at night or sometimes during the day the guard was sound asleep at the entrance.Everyone just walks right in. :SugarwareZ-015:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I do not know much about the training they receive but there are a number of security guard companies that most places hire the guards from. As for the sleeping, they are being paid to be awake and I would complain to the management. In our condo, we have come home late and found the guard asleep and I and others have complained and they fired the ones who slept. My thought is that I would have no problem with them sleeping if they lock the front door and installed a buzzer to wake them up when people come home but if anyone can walk past them, then the place is not safe and I will not tolerate that if I am paying part of my money to keep it safe.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Almost all the gaurds are from security guard companies. They do receive training but I can't say how much. What I always wonder is when I see the guards in places like McDonalds busing tables. If you feel you need an armed security guard in your business is this the right activity for him to be engaging in? :1 (235):

James
Posted
Posted

security guards are my favourite subject in the sub division, I expect that if we have a gated community with two guards on at a time, that the gates will be opened and closed, that the community can limit access to vendors and dogs, it becomes a safe place where drunks are not encouraged and the place is secure, are you getting the feel for it now ????well not so when we had the old company, all security tends to be offered by agencies who bid for contracts, the lowest tends to win, so for the lowest that would tend to mean the cheapest with the lowest pay for the guard, the least motivation and even less on training.The new agency offers guards with some training, they have guns that are clean and uniforms that look the part. I offer them an incentive programme in terms of if they do their job properly thenh they receive a small reward from me on my visits, their performance is monitored by family and my mother in law would not pass the queens guards if it meant giving them something so the rules for getting a bonus seem quite hard but fair. This has meant a better standard for the whole sub division and special treatment for my house, visitors and family. I know the company should do this but when you talk to guards and see how they live and the conditions they work under then you should think for the little effort it involves that we get a standard much higher then normal,after all that waffle back to guards at warehouses, probally working two jobs and sleeps on the easiest one.James

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
security guards are my favourite subject in the sub division, I expect that if we have a gated community with two guards on at a time, that the gates will be opened and closed, that the community can limit access to vendors and dogs, it becomes a safe place where drunks are not encouraged and the place is secure, are you getting the feel for it now ????well not so when we had the old company, all security tends to be offered by agencies who bid for contracts, the lowest tends to win, so for the lowest that would tend to mean the cheapest with the lowest pay for the guard, the least motivation and even less on training.The new agency offers guards with some training, they have guns that are clean and uniforms that look the part. I offer them an incentive programme in terms of if they do their job properly thenh they receive a small reward from me on my visits, their performance is monitored by family and my mother in law would not pass the queens guards if it meant giving them something so the rules for getting a bonus seem quite hard but fair. This has meant a better standard for the whole sub division and special treatment for my house, visitors and family. I know the company should do this but when you talk to guards and see how they live and the conditions they work under then you should think for the little effort it involves that we get a standard much higher then normal,after all that waffle back to guards at warehouses, probally working two jobs and sleeps on the easiest one.James
I have an uncle who is a guard.. he works 12hrs shifts and runs a Sari-sari during the day. Havent been to see him at work but with working two jobs its obvious the results. Not his fault as his salary is so low. Really nice guy any problems on the house he is always first to do it and never asks anything in return. So would like think its the same for a lot of these guys they just need a bit more pay to make it worth the hours but its part of life in the Philippines. Cant comment too much but i would happily have him as a person bodyguard any day if ever needed one.. but then again would pay above local rates

tom_shor
Posted
Posted (edited)

When I was in Naval I saw this house. Very big very new. Huge lot so obviously a high buck place. Perched in the wall right next to their new shiny gate was a little hut built out of unpainted scrap boards and a rusty piece of tin for a cover. You guessed it the guard shack. What does that say about how they think about the person guarding their residence. Also a rather unsightly thing to have on a property they obviously spent a lot of money for.

Edited by tom_shor

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
When I was in Naval I saw this house. Very big very new. Huge lot so obviously a high buck place. Perched in the wall right next to their new shiny gate was a little hut built out of unpainted scrap boards and a rusty piece of tin for a cover. You guessed it the guard shack. What does that say about how they think about the person guarding their residence. Also a rather unsightly thing to have on a property they obviously spent a lot of money for.
Ah, so this was the guard house I was looking at through my hotel window :D post-1-1226148204_thumb.jpg

wallyperrier
Posted
Posted
I have an uncle who is a guard.. he works 12hrs shifts and runs a Sari-sari during the day. Havent been to see him at work but with working two jobs its obvious the results. Not his fault as his salary is so low. Really nice guy any problems on the house he is always first to do it and never asks anything in return. So would like think its the same for a lot of these guys they just need a bit more pay to make it worth the hours but its part of life in the Philippines. Cant comment too much but i would happily have him as a person bodyguard any day if ever needed one.. but then again would pay above local rates
what is the "local rates" for guard, and official rate? do you know this???

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wally, I have had occasion to ask some of the guards and they told me that they get paid minimum wage and the ones who carry guns get a little more.......... Of course most places actually pay below minimum wage and that is illegal but businesses get away with it anyway because there are more people who want jobs than people they have jobs for....... So from what I have been told earlier this year, p150 a day unarmed and p200 a day armed and of course it will go up from there depending on the quality of guard you get. I think the minimum now is supposed to be higher depending on the job but it seems no one pays the correct wages and seem to get away with it........ They also get 13 month pay around Christmas time, so most employees of most jobs, get one additional whole months pay in a lump some around Christmas if they last that long on the job.http://www.gov.ph/faqs/business_manpower.aspSo, I would guess if you paid them p350 or more a day :blink: , you would get a better grade of guard.

Edited by Mr. Lee