Great New Pizza Place

BobNChe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Pizzeria MichelangeloLocated next to the Tap Room Pub/Gustavian Banilad at #1 Paseo Saturnino, Ma. Luisa Road, Banilad, Cebu City 6000.Authentic Italian pizza, pasta and salads at a very reasonable price. In fact, I will work out a special deal (free stuff) for us to hold a pizza party there ASAP! Anyone interested???

Edited by BobNChe

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Pizzeria MichelangeloLocated next to the Tap Room Pub/Gustavian Banilad at #1 Paseo Saturnino, Ma. Luisa Road, Banilad, Cebu City 6000.Authentic Italian pizza, pasta and salads at a very reasonable price. In fact, I will work out a special deal (free stuff) for us to hold a pizza party there ASAP! Anyone interested???
:565:Good Pizza makes me dance!

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

If Mr. Lee likes this idea, maybe he will make it the April forum get together or something? I will work out a good deal with Gaetano, who runs the place!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
If Mr. Lee likes this idea, maybe he will make it the April forum get together or something? I will work out a good deal with Gaetano, who runs the place!
I am always interested in meeting up with members, and eating is my specialty SugarwareZ-005.gif so I will make a post in that section and see if there is some interest and what date would be good for all. Thanks Bob for making the suggestion. :as-if:

Travis
Posted
Posted
I am always interested in meeting up with members, and eating is my specialty SugarwareZ-005.gif so I will make a post in that section and see if there is some interest and what date would be good for all. Thanks Bob for making the suggestion. thumbs-up-smile.gif
you can say that I watched him eat almost a whole one of those large pizza hut pizzas himself SugarwareZ-011.gif

f3dragonjedi
Posted
Posted

Which place is better Pizzeria Michelangelo or Hunduraw? First time I tasted Hunduraw, I was amazed how good it was. If Pizzeria Michelangelo is as good or better, I'll be amazed by the pizza joints here in Cebu. Even better than my area of Florida (where the best pizza we've got is the chains).

Travis
Posted
Posted
Which place is better Pizzeria Michelangelo or Hunduraw? First time I tasted Hunduraw, I was amazed how good it was. If Pizzeria Michelangelo is as good or better, I'll be amazed by the pizza joints here in Cebu. Even better than my area of Florida (where the best pizza we've got is the chains).
I have not found good pizza here in Cebu so are you saying Hunduraw is good pizza? I did not like it so maybe I got a bad one & will have to try it again

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Handuraw pizza can't hold a candle to Michelangelo's! They do have some decent pizza there, but not in the same class! I enjoy that place as well, but this is the real deal!

f3dragonjedi
Posted
Posted
I have not found good pizza here in Cebu so are you saying Hunduraw is good pizza? I did not like it so maybe I got a bad one & will have to try it again
Do you like thin pizza or thick crust pizza?I like both, depending on the ingredients and the way the pizza is made. Hunduraw is thin pizza. I like their cheese, it's a mild mozzarella, I really like their sauce and the toppings are surprisingly good. I'm originally from the North Eastern US and I've had really great pizza made by Italian pizza makers in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. I live in Florida now, so it's saying something that the best pizza by me is "Hungry Howies" (a local chain), followed closely by Papa John's. I like Pizza Hut ok, but it's not a favorite. My Cebu pizza choices would be:HundurawGreenwichPizza HutShakeysI've tried Yellow Cab and just didn't like it, but the place seems to be well one of the favorites among locals and expats.I find Hunduraw to be good enough that I miss it when I'm back in the states!

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
Do you like thin pizza or thick crust pizza?I like both, depending on the ingredients and the way the pizza is made. Hunduraw is thin pizza. I like their cheese, it's a mild mozzarella, I really like their sauce and the toppings are surprisingly good. I'm originally from the North Eastern US and I've had really great pizza made by Italian pizza makers in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. I live in Florida now, so it's saying something that the best pizza by me is "Hungry Howies" (a local chain), followed closely by Papa John's. I like Pizza Hut ok, but it's not a favorite. My Cebu pizza choices would be:HundurawGreenwichPizza HutShakeysI've tried Yellow Cab and just didn't like it, but the place seems to be well one of the favorites among locals and expats.I find Hunduraw to be good enough that I miss it when I'm back in the states!
Mate, everybody has their own tastes! But if you are praising Hungry Howies and Papa John's over good authentic pizza makers in Florida (lived there for 40 years), that about says it all. That's like comparing a McDonald's cheeseburger to a Jack's Old Fashioned burger in Broward county or other fine burgers around the state. LOLYou really must not be into pizza that much if you put Greenwich and Shakeys on a best of Cebu list. Try out the pizza on the list below some time! But if you don't like real pizza, it may not do any good. BTW _ Handuraw does not use mozzarella cheese on all their pizzas. Many are made with the local quickmelt (not as good) cheese used by many of the local joints.Best Cebu pizza in no particular order:Giuseppe's RestaurantPizzeria Bella ItaliaPizzeria MichelangeloGood eating mate!