Computers

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Ok not sure if this is in the right area.. but basically if your in the UK who have a company that needs to offload old electronic stocks of computers etc that would normally go for landfill please let me know.. and if your in Cebu/Manila please let me know if your interested in free computer equipment but it must be for School use or another service that needs it..which is none profit.

paul
Posted
Posted

Man, I am QUITE sure that a school in Cebu would truly appreciate this equipment! Tell me what I need to do, to help get them here.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Man, I am QUITE sure that a school in Cebu would truly appreciate this equipment! Tell me what I need to do, to help get them here.
Give me a bit of time there is a batch just gone to Manila which was organised by Javid at NettreX there is a move going on at the start of next year for a company ive just completed work with and already requested the old PCs when they move so hopefully can get my hands on them. Problem im getting is a lot of companies are collecting in the name of charity then selling them on at

On-in-2
Posted
Posted
Any particular school you have in mind Paul?
You can ask Paul about me. My name is Pete and my girlfriend's sister is a teacher at the very small Green Garden Christian School in Lapu Lapu...actually in the Gun-Ob barangay.Just a couple or three computers would brighten their world more than you could imagine.There's tons of worthy schools around Cebu and Mactan.Pete

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Any particular school you have in mind Paul?
You can ask Paul about me. My name is Pete and my girlfriend's sister is a teacher at the very small Green Garden Christian School in Lapu Lapu...actually in the Gun-Ob barangay.Just a couple or three computers would brighten their world more than you could imagine.There's tons of worthy schools around Cebu and Mactan.Pete
Hi Pete, ive spent a lot of time trying to push the subject with local councils etc. but like anything in the UK regarding "free" it takes time. Ill update you as soon as i can get my hands on some equipment. Happily donate a few machines once i can get someone to give them to me. I know there is a lot of companies needing them offloaded. Ill try the local press this week see if i can get a media story out of it. As part of recycling old equipment.Matt.

daisy
Posted
Posted

Matt,Let me know what are the requirements for a NGO to be able to avail of this computer. I have 3 schools, Camaman-an National High School, Laguindingan National High School and Sinai Elementary School....Computers will be highly appreciated by these schools I mentioned above.CHEERS and thanks for always taking part in reaching out to help the less fortunate in the Philippines.Daisy

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
Matt,Let me know what are the requirements for a NGO to be able to avail of this computer. I have 3 schools, Camaman-an National High School, Laguindingan National High School and Sinai Elementary School....Computers will be highly appreciated by these schools I mentioned above.CHEERS and thanks for always taking part in reaching out to help the less fortunate in the Philippines.Daisy
Hi Daisy, this is something ill be doing from the UK with help from Javid at Nettrex as soon as i can get a steady supply of computers i will be shipping them out. The only requirement would be that the PCs cant be sold and are "gifted" so the school is the owner not any person. Im just trying to get the ball rolling on this here as i know it will take a bit of time. The media reported on a load of computers from a local council dumped in Nigeria (i think) the story behind it basically complaining about the UK dumping its computers on developing nations. Why the computers and how they got there nobody knows. But my point is that its made a lot of companies etc. a bit more cautious on who they give the computers too although we are only interested in equipment that can be reused not broken equipment. Either way ill get there in the end..lol just need to gain a bit of trust out of the companies.

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted

Hi there..I think your project is great and one that small public learning centers will truly appreciate. Way to go! And thanks SugarwareZ-003.gif

AngelofBroden
Posted
Posted (edited)

BTW, can I sign up my Alma Mater - Pasil Elem. School? :SugarwareZ-037: It's in Cebu, and the last time I checked they are in bad need of technology.. There is also the Don Bosco Youth Center in Pasil (They send kids to private high schools, they have a library where their scholars are required to stay in for at least an hour a night to study, and they might need a computer there, too). I hope you will be able to push this project through, as there are so many public schools that might need a pc or two in their library at least.

Edited by AngelofBroden

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Ok not sure if this is in the right area.. but basically if your in the UK who have a company that needs to offload old electronic stocks of computers etc that would normally go for landfill please let me know.. and if your in Cebu/Manila please let me know if your interested in free computer equipment but it must be for School use or another service that needs it..which is none profit.
This is a great idea but has me wondering if its only the tip of the ice berg, it sounds great to give a few computers to schools but I guess it would depend on which schools they go to as in what other cost would be involved.Has the school got Internet access? would there be a need to purchase software? Will training be needed so that teachers and pupils can use the computers?In the back of my mind I remember reading some time back, that the government gave out computers for many schools only to find they were sitting in storage, no one knew how to use them.This was probably in the provinces, anyone remember more about this?Dont get me wrong, I think its good to help but it could be that the extra cost's could cripple this good deed. :SugarwareZ-037: