Holy Week!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I've been trawling various forums and eating gummy bears all day. Good times!
Does anyone know if restaurants are open today? The chains I hate to mention Dim Sum Express, Chow King, Jollibee, McDonalds, etc. ? Because I have such a gold heart, I gave our helper the day off for observances. I see with our neighbors, all the helpers are working today. Now with no helper and my wife out of town, I've got to find a place for my son and I to eat. What surprises me is that with the extreme ultimates of entrepreneurial spirit here (people opening small businesses to build, sell, fix, everything) and people off from work looking for things to do, that more stores, restaurants, and vendors don't take advantage of being the only ones or the few that are open.
I can only go by last year, McDo was open and so were some of the restaurants in the hotels, so I am pretty sure you will find a place to grab a bite to eat with your son. I am also pretty sure places like Marco Polo, Parklane, Waterfront, etc will be open and serving meals or their guests would be pretty pissed if they had no place to eat, but call first to be sure.

TheMason
Posted
Posted
What surprises me is that with the extreme ultimates of entrepreneurial spirit here (people opening small businesses to build, sell, fix, everything) and people off from work looking for things to do, that more stores, restaurants, and vendors don't take advantage of being the only ones or the few that are open.
I guess honoring their faith takes precedence over earning a couple more pesos.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What surprises me is that with the extreme ultimates of entrepreneurial spirit here (people opening small businesses to build, sell, fix, everything) and people off from work looking for things to do, that more stores, restaurants, and vendors don't take advantage of being the only ones or the few that are open.
It amazes me that the gardeners are working today at the hotel :morning1:

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
It amazes me that the gardeners are working today at the hotel ohmy.gif
Good News!! My son does not have to suffer from my cooking and there are a few pagan entrepreneurs! Jollibee and Chow King were closed but Dim Sum Express and Yellow Cab pizza are open in BTC. His choice was Yellow Cab so we've got left-over pizza to get us through.Learning from my first Holly Week.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
It amazes me that the gardeners are working today at the hotel ohmy.gif
Good News!! My son does not have to suffer from my cooking and there are a few pagan entrepreneurs! Jollibee and Chow King were closed but Dim Sum Express and Yellow Cab pizza are open in BTC. His choice was Yellow Cab so we've got left-over pizza to get us through.Learning from my first Holly Week.
ah good,thought it was you I seen begging for food near the country mall SugarwareZ-047.gif

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Ok...I hate to get personal and ask for too much personal information....but I'll do it anyway....My wife told me earlier today that out of respect for holy week, we can't make love on Good Friday or Black Saturday (never heard it called that before, but that's what she calls it). My comment 'it sure as hell isn't a very good Friday then, is it?' Was not well received.I'd never heard of this restrcition before so I'm just wondering if its common amongst Filipinos or am I the only one out of luck this weekend?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Ok...I hate to get personal and ask for too much personal information....but I'll do it anyway....My wife told me earlier today that out of respect for holy week, we can't make love on Good Friday or Black Saturday (never heard it called that before, but that's what she calls it). My comment 'it sure as hell isn't a very good Friday then, is it?' Was not well received.I'd never heard of this restrcition before so I'm just wondering if its common amongst Filipinos or am I the only one out of luck this weekend?
My wife never heard of any such thing but she said that they cannot eat meat, SugarwareZ-007.gif so maybe that part of making love might be out of the question.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not sure about the love making but yes, my wife says its black Saturday. :(

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hey Mason,I don't recall about having any restrictions against making love during the Holy week.It could be a common practice out in the province to abstain from those activities. Myproblem is that I could get lackofnookie any day of the week. As they say -- Women are like phones: They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected. Respectfully -- Jake