Man Stabbed Twice For Confronting Fellow Passenger

Travis
Posted
Posted

watch your back on jeepney or you may not even be safe to ask why someone is starring at you I wonder if this has to do with the face issue?http://www.philstar....bCategoryId=107 Man stabbed twice for confronting fellow PUJ passengerCEBU, Philippines - A man who confronted two fellow jeepney passengers for allegedly staring at him was stabbed by the said men along F. Llamas Street, Barangay Punta Princesa, Cebu City before 10 p.m. last Tuesday.Forty-two-year-old widower Eddie Morandante, a fish vendor and resident of Barangay Tuyan in Naga City, was stabbed by two unidentified men who allegedly kept on staring at him while onboard a public utility jeepney.The victim was reportedly riding on a jeepney plying the Naga-Basak-vice versa route when he asked two passengers seated at the rear portion, in the vernacular, as to why one of them kept on staring at him.This allegedly irritated the man being confronted by the victim that when the latter alighted from the jeepney, the man with his cohort suddenly attacked and stabbed him from behind.Wounded, the victim managed to embark on another jeepney bound for the residence of his girlfriend in Barangay Tisa where he sought assistance. The assailants were nowhere to be found after.Morandante was then rushed to the Cebu City Medical Center. He sustained two stab wounds on his back.Meanwhile, barely an hour before the incident, a couple was hit by a stray bullet in Bonbon, a mountain barangay of Cebu City.The victims were Junrey Ibon, 28, a farmer, and his wife Roselyn, 25.The victims were reportedly walking on a pathway together with their five-year-old son and Roselyn's sister Nerissa Raghos on their way home after buying household supplies when they suddenly heard a burst of gunfire.In the process, Roselyn suddenly slumped to the ground which prompted Junrey to cuddle her only to be hit also.The couple managed to reach their house. Junrey asked assistance from his cousin, barangay tanod Pedro Alit, who then took the couple to the CCMC for the treatment of the gunshot wounds the two sustained on the upper portion of their right arms.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

There is more to this story than they know or are telling.

Travis
Posted
Posted
There is more to this story than they know or are telling.
I hope so cuz I do not want to have to watch my back all the time maybe it was gang members & words were exchanged

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

When someone is staring at you in a jeepney there is a good possibility they are sizing you up for a snatch or robbery. It's very uncommon for people to blatantly stare at others. Typically even snatchers and hold uppers will stare discreetly to escape suspicion. Not many 42 year old gang members who are fish vendors. People here do not like being embarrassed in public!

retired
Posted
Posted
When someone is staring at you in a jeepney there is a good possibility they are sizing you up for a snatch or robbery. It's very uncommon for people to blatantly stare at others. Typically even snatchers and hold uppers will stare discreetly to escape suspicion. Not many 42 year old gang members who are fish vendors. People here do not like being embarrassed in public!
Good to see you around again buddy ! Though i would agree with you regarding the sizing you up possibility sometimes i just think it all depends on who's doing the staring . If a child maybe they just aren't used to seeing foreigners and if it's a female and you happen to be by yourself maybe she is scouting you out , but for different reasons . :-)

bkm
Posted
Posted

I get stared at all the time. That's no exaggeration... wherever I go girls and guys alike stare at me. It was quite disconcerting when I first moved here 2 years ago but now I guess I'm just used to it. I think it's cuz I'm 6'3" and relatively youngish vs all the other expats here. Especially when I go running on the former Clark Air Base is when I get ogled up and down like I'm ripe fruit ready for picking. I also always chalked being stared at as just part of life here in the Phils cuz we all know the locals hardly have any manners and they got nothing else to do but stare at the big tall white guy. Oh wow, let's stare at him!So I've learned to just stare back at the hot babes hehe

• Like 1

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I get stared at all the time. That's no exaggeration... wherever I go girls and guys alike stare at me. It was quite disconcerting when I first moved here 2 years ago but now I guess I'm just used to it. I think it's cuz I'm 6'3" and relatively youngish vs all the other expats here. Especially when I go running on the former Clark Air Base is when I get ogled up and down like I'm ripe fruit ready for picking. I also always chalked being stared at as just part of life here in the Phils cuz we all know the locals hardly have any manners and they got nothing else to do but stare at the big tall white guy. Oh wow, let's stare at him!So I've learned to just stare back at the hot babes hehe
Sorry I am not too sure I like your comment about the locals not having hardly an manners. We are in THEIR country and they do not have manners according to your standards but this is again THEIR country and they do not have to conform to our standards and many of the white guys I have seen here make me ashamed that I am one of them, so please do not insult the locals ways of life or try to force your values on them but your opinions are always welcome if phrased differently and not put in a judgmental way.

BobNChe
Posted
Posted
We are in THEIR country and they do not have manners according to your standards but this is again THEIR country and they do not have to conform to our standards and many of the white guys I have seen here make me ashamed that I am one of them, so please do not insult the locals ways of life or try to force your values on them but your opinions are always welcome if phrased differently and not put in a judgmental way.
The longest sentence in all forum history. :-) That might ring a bell sir! LOL How can so many valid points be made in one sentence? bkm must be looking in the mirror allot which might account for his perception of constant staring.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
We are in THEIR country and they do not have manners according to your standards but this is again THEIR country and they do not have to conform to our standards and many of the white guys I have seen here make me ashamed that I am one of them, so please do not insult the locals ways of life or try to force your values on them but your opinions are always welcome if phrased differently and not put in a judgmental way.
The longest sentence in all forum history. :-) That might ring a bell sir! LOL How can so many valid points be made in one sentence? bkm must be looking in the mirror allot which might account for his perception of constant staring.
Wait, you have been away for a while and have not read all my posts, I am sure somewhere you will find one even longer. SugarwareZ-005.gifSentence, we are supposed to write in sentences? I write the way I speak, rapid fire. :morning1::lol: Anyway back to the topic, was that a pat on the back or a stab in the back. SugarwareZ-005.gifSee I got back on topic, well sort of anyway. SugarwareZ-004.gif

Singers
Posted
Posted
Wait, you have been away for a while and have not read all my posts, I am sure somewhere you will find one even longer. SugarwareZ-005.gifSentence, we are supposed to write in sentences? I write the way I speak, rapid fire. :714_full_of_crap::dreams: Anyway back to the topic, was that a pat on the back or a stab in the back. SugarwareZ-005.gifSee I got back on topic, well sort of anyway. SugarwareZ-004.gif
Well Lee,It appears you have Failed English Grammer and Composition? BY 1 examiner's decision. Oh Dearie me. I often see UK Legal letters and Documents written without punctuation, for up to 1/2 page, so you are in BAD company.! Perhaps a budding Atty?.UK TomSugarwareZ-011.gif