Excellent Haircut In Cebu City

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I went to Ayala to meet a friend for dinner, and she said lets go early and had something in her mind but was not letting on to me what. While walking around she said lets go down to Rustans Supermarket downstairs in the rotunda area to look for some bread, well we did not find the bread she wanted, so then she hinted that I really needed a haircut and has hinted that for the last few days, so while we were down on that floor she said "lets look in the hair cutter shop there" so we did and it was called Jolly Barbers. So I walk in the door and ask pila and they say p100, so I said what the heck, the worst they could do was scalp me and I might look better bald anyway.   SugarwareZ-005.gif So in the chair I go and a nice your man named Dede was the barber, I liked him already because of what that means in Tagalog,:lol:  hint 1024.gif but maybe not spelled that way, anyway he cut my hair and it came out much better than I had expected it to and I did not have a bald head, so the day was going good so far, so I gave him a p50 tip, which I know was way too much but I think I made his day and him hearing me speak to my wife in Cebuano back and forth probably made his day even more, and having me answer him when he asked my wife a question in Cebuano that was about me, really got him smiling. Ahhhh, the simple things in life that can make a persons day and I save about $15 from what it would have cost me in the US.  :23_11_60[2]: Good thing they were only using words that I know.  SugarwareZ-004.gif

• Like 1

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
My wife and I went to Ayala to meet a friend for dinner, and she said lets go early and had something in her mind but was not letting on to me what. While walking around she said lets go down to Rustans Supermarket downstairs in the rotunda area to look for some bread, well we did not find the bread she wanted, so then she hinted that I really needed a haircut and has hinted that for the last few days, so while we were down on that floor she said "lets look in the hair cutter shop there" so we did and it was called Jolly Barbers. So I walk in the door and ask pila and they say p100, so I said what the heck, the worst they could do was scalp me and I might look better bald anyway. SugarwareZ-005.gif So in the chair I go and a nice your man named Dede was the barber, I liked him already because of what that means in Tagalog, laugh.gif hint 1024.gif but maybe not spelled that way, anyway he cut my hair and it came out much better than I had expected it to and I did not have a bald head, so the day was going good so far, so I gave him a p50 tip which I know was way too much but I think I made his day and him hearing me speak to my wife in Cebuano back and forth probably made his day even more and having me answer him when he asked my wife a question in Cebuano about me really got him smiling. Ahhhh, the simple things in life that can make a persons day and I save about $15 from what it would have cost me in the US. 23_11_60[2].gif Good thing they were only using words I know. SugarwareZ-004.gif
Great news you finally trusted someone to do the job! I think the barber skills here are consistently good at most places.AddEmoticons04230.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My wife and I went to Ayala to meet a friend for dinner, and she said lets go early and had something in her mind but was not letting on to me what. While walking around she said lets go down to Rustans Supermarket downstairs in the rotunda area to look for some bread, well we did not find the bread she wanted, so then she hinted that I really needed a haircut and has hinted that for the last few days, so while we were down on that floor she said "lets look in the hair cutter shop there" so we did and it was called Jolly Barbers. So I walk in the door and ask pila and they say p100, so I said what the heck, the worst they could do was scalp me and I might look better bald anyway. SugarwareZ-005.gif So in the chair I go and a nice your man named Dede was the barber, I liked him already because of what that means in Tagalog, laugh.gif hint but maybe not spelled that way, anyway he cut my hair and it came out much better than I had expected it to and I did not have a bald head, so the day was going good so far, so I gave him a p50 tip which I know was way too much but I think I made his day and him hearing me speak to my wife in Cebuano back and forth probably made his day even more and having me answer him when he asked my wife a question in Cebuano about me really got him smiling. Ahhhh, the simple things in life that can make a persons day and I save about $15 from what it would have cost me in the US. 23_11_60[2].gif Good thing they were only using words I know. SugarwareZ-004.gif
Great news you finally trusted someone to do the job! I think the barber skills here are consistently good at most places.AddEmoticons04230.gif
Actually I was going to go to the place you suggested in Ayala, but I put my head in the door yesterday when my wife hinted for maybe the second or third time, and the chemicals they were using would have sent my head into a fit, so I backed right out and decided not to do as you suggested because I am too sensitive to strong perfume type odors and they can at times make my head feel like it was just hit with a hammer. Yet another reason I like the Philippines, few woman wear strong perfume and the one your wife wears does not set me off, in case you were wondering.SugarwareZ-004.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The last time I got a haircut in Cebu was near the Circle,30 peso with a head massage. Was as good as I would get at home. I remember laughing as the cost was less than a beer from the supermarket. :23_11_60[2]:

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
[Actually I was going to go to the place you suggested in Ayala, but I put my head in the door yesterday when my wife hinted for maybe the second or third time, and the chemicals they were using would have sent my head into a fit, so I backed right out and decided not to do as you suggested because I am too sensitive to strong perfume type odors and they can at times make my head feel like it was just hit with a hammer. Yet another reason I like the Philippines, few woman wear strong perfume and the one your wife wears does not set me off, in case you were wondering. SugarwareZ-004.gif
Well the Salon serves women and men and does nails so you can get all variety of chemicals and smells in there. In addition they are under major construction so things are tightly packed as they have closed off more than 1/2 of their normal space. I got a haircut there last week and the blow dryer from the woman who was doing the hair of the lady next to us was hitting me in the face.the price can't be beat -- one of the great bargains.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I wish I had hair to cut for these bargains....:23_11_60[2]:

easy44
Posted
Posted

Also in the same area in Ayala is Bruno's Barbershop. Cost is P120 and they do a very good job. All the barbers appear to be straight, no bayots!

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Pardo - P25 aircon, good guys!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
It would cost me more than p75 extra to take a taxi to Pardo SugarwareZ-005.gif but maybe for those who live near it or wish to take Jeepneys like Bob does, then it would be a great deal. Bob, the next time you get a haircut there, please get all the contact info and post it. Thanks my friend. :23_11_60[2]:

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
It would cost me more than p75 extra to take a taxi to Pardo SugarwareZ-005.gif but maybe for those who live near it or wish to take Jeepneys like Bob does, then it would be a great deal. Bob, the next time you get a haircut there, please get all the contact info and post it. Thanks my friend. :541:
Vain Wastrels --- SugarwareZ-011.gif the LOT of U...Remington HC365C Professional Ceramic Hair Clipper, cost $30 ... cordless/waterproof?? 2 self cut hair levelers and it had paid for itself. Bought 2004.Much easier now Cristina is doing the clipping but I still HATE the barbers chair as much as the Dentists...??? Sweeney Todd syndrome perhaps...?UK Tom Edited by Singers