My Observations About Safety And Security In Cebu City

Jake
Posted
Posted
I've been living in Cebu City for 4.5 years now and have never once felt threatened in a Jeepney or anywhere I've gone. I've taken my motorcycle to Carbon market at 11pm with my wife to buy vegetables and tooled around barangay mabolo at 1am and never had a flinch of fear. Granted I myself am intimidating looking and dont look like an old man, so I'm sure that helps me to be left alone.However, the real issue I've found is people that get within your inner circle and are interacting with your life in some way. The scams or theft that can and do happen by people you deal with is the much bigger problem. We had a break-in here, and the police labeled it as an "inside job". Could have been the house maid, or a family member. We never did find out (which still bothers me to this day).
Hey Guys,This reply could also be in the "things to bring to PI" thread, but I believe it's more relevant here.I'm currently researching all the home security systems such as smoke and motion detectors and of course a camera system. Maybe two exterior cameras with night vision capabilities and one forinterior surveillence. Prefer wireless to PC for video feed and power requirements need to be universal (220vac).You folks see any of those items there in PI? Meanwhile, I will continue to research here in SoCal.Respectfully -- Jake
You dont need to bring your own,there are places to buy,what part of the Philippines are you going to live?
Roger that Boss Man -- my own boss would like to reside in her home province of Batangaswhich is a couple hours drive south of Manila. I would prefer the Visayan Island group, youknow somewhere far away from her relatives.And thank you UK Tom for suggesting water and wind proof sealant for outside electricalconnections. Respectfully -- Jake

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I've been living in Cebu City for 4.5 years now and have never once felt threatened in a Jeepney or anywhere I've gone. I've taken my motorcycle to Carbon market at 11pm with my wife to buy vegetables and tooled around barangay mabolo at 1am and never had a flinch of fear. Granted I myself am intimidating looking and dont look like an old man, so I'm sure that helps me to be left alone.However, the real issue I've found is people that get within your inner circle and are interacting with your life in some way. The scams or theft that can and do happen by people you deal with is the much bigger problem. We had a break-in here, and the police labeled it as an "inside job". Could have been the house maid, or a family member. We never did find out (which still bothers me to this day).
Hey Guys,This reply could also be in the "things to bring to PI" thread, but I believe it's more relevant here.I'm currently researching all the home security systems such as smoke and motion detectors and of course a camera system. Maybe two exterior cameras with night vision capabilities and one forinterior surveillence. Prefer wireless to PC for video feed and power requirements need to be universal (220vac).You folks see any of those items there in PI? Meanwhile, I will continue to research here in SoCal.Respectfully -- Jake
You dont need to bring your own,there are places to buy,what part of the Philippines are you going to live?
Roger that Boss Man -- my own boss would like to reside in her home province of Batangaswhich is a couple hours drive south of Manila. I would prefer the Visayan Island group, youknow somewhere far away from her relatives.And thank you UK Tom for suggesting water and wind proof sealant for outside electricalconnections. Respectfully -- Jake
This place might have what you are looking for and a Manila branchhttp://www.mseedsystems.com/mseed_main/categoryList.php?cat_id=31&sub=Surveillance%20Systems%20(CCTV%20&%20DVR)

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Would having security cameras and the taping of a said crime be useful here in the Philippines?... pertaining to the apprehension and conviction of underwear thieves? SugarwareZ-005.gifWell, it would be worth watching on youtube if nothing else. A underwear-less pinoy sneaking into your yard, flopping away...avoiding the motorbike and landscaping ripe for the taking, slowly approaching the aim of his dastardly act...the cloths line. He quickly peers to his left and right as if at a tennis match, hoping the owner does not awaken. Quietly he gets to the line, the small sound of a slapping of skin on skin pierces the night, each step he takes. Finally, the bouncing pinoy passes near the Jamacia Jaxx silk shirts, but his face suddenly smiles looking elsewhere, for before him is what he has really come for...the famed fruits... from the looms.... disregarding the anus airbrushing on the white canvas cloth and the fact last night was Mexican taco night... and the maid a little weak on the brush strokes the day before.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Would having security cameras and the taping of a said crime be useful here in the Philippines?... pertaining to the apprehension and conviction of underwear thieves? SugarwareZ-005.gifWell, it would be worth watching on youtube if nothing else. A underwear-less pinoy sneaking into your yard, flopping away...avoiding the motorbike and landscaping ripe for the taking, slowly approaching the aim of his dastardly act...the cloths line. He quickly peers to his left and right as if at a tennis match, hoping the owner does not awaken. Quietly he gets to the line, the small sound of a slapping of skin on skin pierces the night, each step he takes. Finally, the bouncing pinoy passes near the Jamacia Jaxx silk shirts, but his face suddenly smiles looking elsewhere, for before him is what he has really come for...the famed fruits... from the looms.... disregarding the anus airbrushing on the white canvas cloth and the fact last night was Mexican taco night... and the maid a little weak on the brush strokes the day before.
Who says its a Pinoy taking his underwear???? 3_12_31%5B1%5D.gif

Inspector
Posted
Posted

:DI have an alibi ... was losing at seven card roach last night...over a million witnesses. :thumbsup:

Singers
Posted
Posted
:DI have an alibi ... was losing at seven card roach last night...over a million witnesses. :lol:
BRIBED Witnesses I suspect !!:thumbsup: CR transport Sir ??

TheMason
Posted
Posted
I would just like to clarify a few points here....--It was my wife's underwear that was stolen, not mine.--Even if it was mine, I wear grey or black Hanes, not white Fruit of the Loom, so the airbrushing would not be noticeable at night.--We don't have a maid.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I would just like to clarify a few points here....--It was my wife's underwear that was stolen, not mine.--Even if it was mine, I wear grey or black Hanes, not white Fruit of the Loom, so the airbrushing would not be noticeable at night.--We don't have a maid.
jack%2Btweed%2Bundies2.jpgSure they were...sure they were :wt-hell: :th_unfair:

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted (edited)
My brother is in the commercial security business and does business with the Federal and state government and large commercial concerns. He mounts cameras at the tops buildings including some of tallest buildings in cities in the South East. The level of technology which allows one to look through days of footage in digital format on hard drives to find unusual events is amazing. He stopped offering to provide to the local police because they are not interested. I'm not sure footage would be useful here with cameras only effective of you are actively monitoring things. Someone tell me the secret for finding advanced electronics here in Cebu. I can't find things like security systems or equipment. I could not even find timer switches for the pool and hot water pumps. I had to buy and bring them from the US. Maybe I don't know the right stores or places to go. Also, when I do find quality items here, they are more expensive than the US. I would suggest bringing them but be mindful of the Voltage requirements. Edited by Gold Heart

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
My brother is in the commercial security business and does business with the Federal and state government and large commercial concerns. He mounts cameras at the tops buildings including some of tallest buildings in cities in the South East. The level of technology which allows one to look through days of footage in digital format on hard drives to find unusual events is amazing. He stopped offering to provide to the local police because they are not interested. I'm not sure footage would be useful here with cameras only effective of you are actively monitoring things. Someone tell me the secret for finding advanced electronics here in Cebu. I can't find things like security systems or equipment. I could not even find timer switches for the pool and hot water pumps. I had to buy and bring them from the US. Maybe I don't know the right stores or places to go. Also, when I do find quality items here, they are more expensive than the US. I would suggest bringing them but be mindful of the Voltage requirements.
I put the answer to some of your problems in the 2nd post from top but here it is again, http://www.mseedsystems.com/mseed_main/categoryList.php?cat_id=31&sub=Surveillance%20Systems%20(CCTV%20&%20DVR)