Getting A 13A Visa - Is This Scenario An Option?

MattFromGA
Posted
Posted

I currently live in Cebu City. Does anyone here know if I could fly to Hong Kong or Bangkok and apply for the perm 13a visa (not the year temp one)? I know I can apply here in Cebu for one, but its more expensive to apply in country than out. Not only that, you must get the 1 year 13a visa and then reapply for the perm one before the 1 year expires (and pay more big $$ again). I know I could apply for the perm 13a visa in the USA (my home country) and it would cost less too. So the real question of this post is, do you have to be in your home country to get a perm 13a visa and the lower rate? I've been thinking that it would be nice to hang out in Bangkok or Hong Kong for a couple of months to check out the place a bit longer than a typical tourist scenario. It would give me even more reason to go stay in Bangkok with my wife for 2 or 3 months (or even longer).

UZI
Posted
Posted
I currently live in Cebu City. Does anyone here know if I could fly to Hong Kong or Bangkok and apply for the perm 13a visa (not the year temp one)? I know I can apply here in Cebu for one, but its more expensive to apply in country than out. Not only that, you must get the 1 year 13a visa and then reapply for the perm one before the 1 year expires (and pay more big $ again). I know I could apply for the perm 13a visa in the USA (my home country) and it would cost less too. So the real question of this post is, do you have to be in your home country to get a perm 13a visa and the lower rate? I've been thinking that it would be nice to hang out in Bangkok or Hong Kong for a couple of months to check out the place a bit longer than a typical tourist scenario. It would give me even more reason to go stay in Bangkok with my wife for 2 or 3 months (or even longer).
Matt,Why do you think it is cheaper outside the RP? Here it costs about P15,000 only. Outside you have to get a full medical (X-ray, stool sample etc) which I would guess turn out more costly on top of visa (UK is around twice the price). The new 13a procedure here is easy even the change from temp to perm is only an interview. Costs are all listed on the BI website.I would expect that you could only get from your own countries RP Embassy too not a 3rd party country. Just IMHOUZI

• 1 month later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

I agree with UZI its also so much less hassle as a chat while paperwork is sorted out for you is a lot better than chasing things round and dealing with "you forgot to bring your Xrays" etc. Personally I would just get it done here and then if there are any problems at least its easy to fix. Hong Kong is an expensive place to visit even short-term so the time it takes things to get here processed wouldn't advise. The current political issues in Thailand would also put me off there for at least another 6 months.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

MattfromGA, Check out this link concerning the SRRV Program and see if fits in with what your needs are: http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

Singers
Posted
Posted
MattfromGA, Check out this link concerning the SRRV Program and see if fits in with what your needs are: http://www.pra.gov.p..._program?page=1
Checked out the above "recommended" Ha HA HA HAHAHA LINK and read the following, Get MY POINT!!!! NewsTo our valued clients:Sorry for the inconvenience we cannot answer your email messages at the moment. We are working for the transfer of our DSL connection to our service provider.Give us a little more time and all will be back in normal operation.Thank you.By: Management***

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
MattfromGA, Check out this link concerning the SRRV Program and see if fits in with what your needs are: http://www.pra.gov.p..._program?page=1
Checked out the above "recommended" GOVERNMENT SITE and read the following, SEE ATTACHMENT, Get MY POINT Art ??? PRA add Tea and enjoy...UK Tom:thats-funny:

post-688-12758087406354_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Checked out the above "recommended" GOVERNMENT SITE and read the following, SEE ATTACHMENT, Get MY POINT Art ??? PRA add Tea and enjoy...UK Tom:thats-funny:
Well what is your point, see my attachment ????????????????????????????????????post-1-12758097162384_thumb.gif

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well what is your point, see my attachment ????????????????????????????????????post-1-12758097162384_thumb.gif
Tom,Simple -- under NEWS -- "we cannot answer your eMail" ... :cheersty: Sorry we are "CLOSED". !!! No "workRound" is my POINT !Closed for business is my point.A joke is my point.UK Tom :whistling: is ALSO my point Boss Man Tom Edited by Singers

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Tom,Simple -- under NEWS -- "we cannot answer your eMail" ... :cheersty: Sorry we are "CLOSED". !!! No "workRound" is my POINT !Closed for business is my point.A joke is my point.UK Tom :whistling: is ALSO my point Boss Man Tom
But there are 3 alternative Emails to use and the rest of the site is working fine to me.post-1-12758109965066_thumb.gif

Singers
Posted
Posted
Tom,Simple -- under NEWS -- "we cannot answer your eMail" ... :as-if: Sorry we are "CLOSED". !!! No "workRound" is my POINT !Closed for business is my point.A joke is my point.UK Tom :whistling: is ALSO my point Boss Man Tom
But there are 3 alternative Emails to use and the rest of the site is working fine to me.post-1-12758109965066_thumb.gif
OK -- so What is your point ?? THEY wrote "eMail down" which I assume is correct SO that is what I was referring to - not about accessing the WWW page.!!I assume the adressee's don't have a office terminal working to access their eMail .!! In any event my comment "POST" relates to what is ACTUALLY written on the "recommended" site.Therefore I assume if I eMail them they will be unanswered. That IS (was) my point !!!UK Tom :cheersty: :wt-hell: 36_1_50[1].gif