I Wonder How Bad This Will Affect The World Economies, Health And Then Specifically How 'no End In Sight' To Ash As Flight Chaos Deepens

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I wonder how bad this will affect the world economies and health and then specifically how it will affect the Philippines, since many visitors may not be able to come here, between the European ban on Philippines air carriers and now this. Doctor: Volcanic dust cloud increases rish of death And then there will be health considerations for all who will have to breath what will surely be caught up in the air stream to many countries. "Budget airline Norwegian ASA, losing $1.5 million to $1.7 million a day because of the ash-driven closures, is holding meetings with unions Monday to discuss potential temporary layoffs, spokeswoman Asta Braathen said." "Modern Europe has never seen such a travel disruption. Air space across a swath from Britain to Ukraine was closed and set to stay that way until Sunday or Monday in some countries, affecting airports from New Zealand to San Francisco." The whole story here

post-40-12715631629043_thumb.jpg

johnb
Posted
Posted

Hi Lee, It's something that I'm watching, My flight to the UK is booked with Etihad Airways for the 27th of April, It's Manila to London Heathrow via Abu Dhabi.Fingers crossed the skies will be clear by then and any knock on effect for other stranded passengers wont delay my flight, fortunately I do have a window of nearly four weeks if I am forced to delay, because my present visa and exit certificate will remain valid, until May 25th.John

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Lee, It's something that I'm watching, My flight to the UK is booked with Etihad Airways for the 27th of April, It's Manila to London Heathrow via Abu Dhabi.Fingers crossed the skies will be clear by then and any knock on effect for other stranded passengers wont delay my flight, fortunately I do have a window of nearly four weeks if I am forced to delay, because my present visa and exit certificate will remain valid, until May 25th.John
We are wishing you luck my friend, we have plans to leave May 5th but I too am not time sensitive so whenever is fine with us and I feel that sometimes things happen for a reason, so I just go with the flow.

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi John,My LandRover is covered in this dust and with a calm evening yesterday I could taste it! The "Cloud" had been high in the JetStream until the wind dropped.BBC "Met. Office" this AM said "the eruption could last for months".Fingers crossed for you getting a flight soon and have a safe flight.Kind regards,Tom23_11_62[1].gif Edited by Singers

manabouttown
Posted
Posted (edited)

i maybe slightly off topic here and this is not about a volcano but at least the reasons for earthquakes has been found :th_thholysheep:Sex fuels earthquakes, says Iran clericA senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women inciteextramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, a country thatstraddles several fault lines, newspapers reported on Saturday."Manywomen who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, tainttheir chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increasesearthquakes," Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at Fridayprayers in Tehran."Calamities are the result of people's deeds,"he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper. "We haveno way but conform to Islam to ward off dangers."The Islamic dress code is mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three decades.Everypost-pubescent woman regardless of her religion or nationality mustcover her hair and bodily contours in public. Offenders face punishmentand fine.But this has not stopped urban women from appearing inthe streets wearing tight coats and flimsy headscarves and layers ofskilfully applied makeup.Iran is prone to frequent quakes, many of which have been devastating.Theworst in recent times hit the southern city of Bam in December 2003,killing 31,000 people - about a quarter of the population - anddestroying its ancient mud-built citadel.

Edited by manabouttown

Singers
Posted
Posted
i maybe slightly off topic here and this is not about a volcano but at least the reasons for earthquakes has been found :th_thholysheep:Sex fuels earthquakes, says Iran clericA senior Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women inciteextramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, a country thatstraddles several fault lines, newspapers reported on Saturday."Manywomen who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, tainttheir chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increasesearthquakes," Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at Fridayprayers in Tehran."Calamities are the result of people's deeds,"he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper. "We haveno way but conform to Islam to ward off dangers."The Islamic dress code is mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three decades.Everypost-pubescent woman regardless of her religion or nationality mustcover her hair and bodily contours in public. Offenders face punishmentand fine.But this has not stopped urban women from appearing inthe streets wearing tight coats and flimsy headscarves and layers ofskilfully applied makeup.Iran is prone to frequent quakes, many of which have been devastating.Theworst in recent times hit the southern city of Bam in December 2003,killing 31,000 people - about a quarter of the population - anddestroying its ancient mud-built citadel.
Another "Cleric"? SugarwareZ-005.gif Blows his TOP??

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sex fuels earthquakes, says Iran clericAnother "Cleric"? SugarwareZ-005.gif Blows his TOP??Now that disrupted flights have Airline /security/Air safety experts and Air travel Spooks `'twidling their thumbs" with boredom I have a suggestion for them -----"A solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports. Invent a Bomb Proof booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you. It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Justice would be quick and swift. Case Closed! AND ---NIL Legal Fee's!. I can see it now: You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers we now have a seat available on flight number..."Nay ---- I can hear the "Bleeding Heart's" already.............. :thumbsup: UK Tom

Edited by Singers

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

How bad is the dust though Singers? you dont live far from my daughter or my parents place.. just a bit of a concern on the health front.. As regards for the "rights of a bomber" and technology your probably right on the money as its unlikely we will blow people up but we do the reverse though.. while working at Qinetiq they released to newspapers one of their inventions which was mobile phone signal blocking wallpaper to stop detonations. There is also bomb proof wallpaper out there here although to be honest my concern would be the same as wearing a chin strap on a helmet that if the bomb is in the room with you your pretty much game over.. There is also the same in a plastic film for windows.. Too much information I know its just something I have a keen interest in..

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
How bad is the dust though Singers? you dont live far from my daughter or my parents place.. just a bit of a concern on the health front.. As regards for the "rights of a bomber" and technology your probably right on the money as its unlikely we will blow people up but we do the reverse though.. while working at Qinetiq they released to newspapers one of their inventions which was mobile phone signal blocking wallpaper to stop detonations. There is also bomb proof wallpaper out there here although to be honest my concern would be the same as wearing a chin strap on a helmet that if the bomb is in the room with you your pretty much game over.. There is also the same in a plastic film for windows.. Too much information I know its just something I have a keen interest in..
Yes - the window film is a good bet for peripheral application but as you , a realist, realise one can worry ones life away....The wind seems to keep "IT" elevated and the covering on my Landy is less than the Sahara dust I have seen here in Droitwich many times in the past. NOTHING to worry about , health-wise, on the ground. Finish fighters have , over the last few days, had evidence of the dust melting inside the twirly bits. Inst Mec Eng Gov. advisers say restrictions on Commercial flights are warranted and will continue.As most of our wind is from S, S/W & N, N/E it is the Jet Stream that contains dust over UK. The other evening was calm so the dust settled. (Pun intended) No worries Mate.Kind regards,UK Tom Edited by Singers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Here is just one story on how the ash has affected the economy in parts of the US. I wonder if this is a blow that can end up being the straw that broke the camels back? The volcanic ash plume that has canceled thousands of airline flights for a fifth day is keeping runners from the Boston Marathon and performers off stages and forcing weary travelers stuck at airports to sleep under the escalators and wash their hair in the bathroom sinks. And with just a fraction of European flights due to take off today as the Icelandic volcano continues spewing ash, the U.S. braced for further losses in tourism dollars. New York City tourism officials said they were facing a $250 million drop in tourism-related income after an estimated 12,000 European visitors were kept from the city over the weekend. The whole story here