Live Streaming Of Rp Elections

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

This was just my point in how people can get twisted and bent out of shape when it comes to politics no matter what ethnic group it applys to! The forum rules should keep politics and religion out completely and no exceptions! Who's the "thick sh%ts" now? Someone's sarcastic words of poor expression, not mine!

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
This was just my point in how people can get twisted and bent out of shape when it comes to politics no matter what ethnic group it applys to! The forum rules should keep politics and religion out completely and no exceptions! Who's the "thick sh%ts" now? Someone's sarcastic words of poor expression, not mine!
Yes PinoyArt,It is amazing how some people can "loose the plot" when it comes to Politics.So, a subject, best avoided as you advocate?UK Tom Edited by Singers

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Yes PinoyArt,It is amazing how some people can "loose the plot" when it comes to Politics.So, a subject, best avoided as you advocate?UK Tom
That was what I was suggesting in the beginning, avoidance of the subject matter! I wasn't out to offend or insult anyone! See my point in how people react to Politics in any form? Just best to stir clear from it all together so we all can get along, especially on this forum! And watch out for those nasty sarcastic remarks, it's uncalled for, it'll just make matters worst!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee,Thanks for clarifying that.So here is a question then. In US & UK politics the President or PM would not be in a situation (as I understand it anyway) where their 2nd in command in theory could be a political opponent and at worst enemy & forced to work with them. As the current results seem to show, NoyNoy could end up with, not his chosen running mate of Mar Roxas for VP but Binay. If this is correct, where does this system come from & how does anyone accept it as being a good idea?Anyone offer an educated answer to explain the system?3_12_31[1].gifUzi.
Uzi, I am surely no expert in politics or probably most anything else for that matter,  :th_Good-Luck: but I happen to like that part of the Philippines political system because it is sort of like checks and balances so it then allows for opposites to input their point of view and hopefully become friends or at least try to be civil to each other and then to possibly be the next president of the Philippines because of their then experiences being the VP. Now I am not going to say it is right or wrong or correct, but just like a forum, people from all over the world should learn to get along IMO and be civil to each other. I personally wish all rules could be tossed out the window except the very basic ones of common sense but it seems some people (and I am sure not talking about anyone in this thread) need rules to guide them along in life. Rules much like laws seem to be a necessary evil in life. Thank you for your input. 
Art, we all need to learn to get along and sometimes members from different parts of the world use words very differently and sometimes their often daily use of sarcasm can lead to arguments. It is my personal feelings that when something someone says can be taken two ways (one bad and one good) that we should all choose the take it the good way and not let them upset us, that is what I try to do my best to do because for the longest time I continually butted heads with many people from other cultures because of the different use of the language and I am still trying to learn not to but because I am human I still make mistakes all the time, yet less often than in the past.  Thank you for your POV. :thats-funny:  
Yes PinoyArt,It is amazing how some people can "loose the plot" when it comes to Politics.So, a subject, best avoided as you advocate?UK Tom
Singers, I believe part of the problems is those zingers (trying to rhyme :signnvm: ) you throw in from time to time that some of us find hard to know where you are coming from. I realize that it may be part of a cultural thing but at times I, and I am sure others get confused at times and I am already confused enough with life in general and I feel that we all should do our best to speak in everyday English that we find to be common to the forum we happen to be on. I used to try to read some forums from other countries in Europe and I would be totally lost, so while this forum rules say we should all use English, I also realize the US English is not the only English out there and may not even be the correct use of English at all, but at the same time I ask that those members who are from countries other than the US, please try to use everyday terms one would see on the forum they happen to be on to prevent possible problems.   
That was what I was suggesting in the beginning, avoidance of the subject matter! I wasn't out to offend or insult anyone! See my point in how people react to Politics in any form? Just best to stir clear from it all together so we all can get along, especially on this forum! And watch out for those nasty sarcastic remarks, it's uncalled for, it'll just make matters worst! 
Art again we all need to learn how to get along in life and there are so many things will always piss us off in the real world, so why let them piss us off on forums as well. Unfortunately just as in life, we cannot go along avoiding everything that upsets us or we will end up living a pretty boring life and never learn about anything and since this forum is about the Philippines and people on it wish to learn about the Philippines, the political system is part of the Philippines and often needs to be discussed in a civil manner. After all, we are all adults aren't we? And we all come from different countries and many of us are trying to learn how to fit in while living in the Philippines, therefore Filipinos such as yourself can be of great help teaching us the way you see things because you may see them differently than some of us who are not Filipino do, so your input and the input of other Filipinos are very important IMO and especially since you have lived in the US and are now living back in the Philippines for many years. So Art, I would like to thank you for your input and POV.

Singers
Posted
Posted
Lee,Thanks for clarifying that.So here is a question then. In US & UK politics the President or PM would not be in a situation (as I understand it anyway) where their 2nd in command in theory could be a political opponent and at worst enemy & forced to work with them. As the current results seem to show, NoyNoy could end up with, not his chosen running mate of Mar Roxas for VP but Binay. If this is correct, where does this system come from & how does anyone accept it as being a good idea?Anyone offer an educated answer to explain the system?3_12_31[1].gifUzi.
Uzi, I am surely no expert in politics or probably most anything else for that matter, :th_Good-Luck: but I happen to like that part of the Philippines political system because it is sort of like checks and balances so it then allows for opposites to input their point of view and hopefully become friends or at least try to be civil to each other and then to possibly be the next president of the Philippines because of their then experiences being the VP. Now I am not going to say it is right or wrong or correct, but just like a forum, people from all over the world should learn to get along IMO and be civil to each other. I personally wish all rules could be tossed out the window except the very basic ones of common sense but it seems some people (and I am sure not talking about anyone in this thread) need rules to guide them along in life. Rules much like laws seem to be a necessary evil in life. Thank you for your input.
Singers, I believe part of the problems is those zingers (trying to rhyme :signnvm: ) you throw in from time to time that some of us find hard to know where you are coming from. I realize that it may be part of a cultural thing but at times I, and I am sure others get confused at times and I am already confused enough with life in general and I feel that we all should do our best to speak in everyday English that we find to be common to the forum we happen to be on. I used to try to read some forums from other countries in Europe and I would be totally lost, so while this forum rules say we should all use English, I also realize the US English is not the only English out there and may not even be the correct use of English at all, but at the same time I ask that those members who are from countries other than the US, please try to use everyday terms one would see on the forum they happen to be on to prevent possible problems.
Dear Lee,:thats-funny: :mocking:UK Tom

post-688-12735710361996_thumb.jpg

UZI
Posted
Posted

Lee,The Forum is "FROM THE NEWS DESK" and I posted a link to a News Site. No mention of Politics here in the RP or anywhere else.The subject of Politics was brought up & after you clarified the rules I asked a question relating to the electoral system (not sure that qualifies as Politics as such but not arguing that point) as something I had not experienced in UK or US Government procedure. So far Tom's answer on 'The Art of War' made sense (yours too) but didn't explain how it became the system here or where it came from. Again I ask if anyone can elaborate on the SYSTEM I would be interested in gaining an understanding of it.Beyond that, I am with Tom.......:th_Good-Luck: 23_11_60[2].gif :thats-funny: :thumbsup: :signnvm: :mocking:Uzi

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
Lee,The Forum is "FROM THE NEWS DESK" and I posted a link to a News Site. No mention of Politics here in the RP or anywhere else.The subject of Politics was brought up & after you clarified the rules I asked a question relating to the electoral system (not sure that qualifies as Politics as such but not arguing that point) as something I had not experienced in UK or US Government procedure. So far Tom's answer on 'The Art of War' made sense (yours too) but didn't explain how it became the system here or where it came from. Again I ask if anyone can elaborate on the SYSTEM I would be interested in gaining an understanding of it.Beyond that, I am with Tom.......:th_Good-Luck: 23_11_60[2].gif :thats-funny: :thumbsup: :signnvm: :mocking:Uzi
Uzi,I's wit me 2. C I can dum down !... but for how long??.Cheers Mate.UK Tom

post-688-12735756966336_thumb.jpg

Edited by Singers

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Lee,The Forum is "FROM THE NEWS DESK" and I posted a link to a News Site. No mention of Politics here in the RP or anywhere else.The subject of Politics was brought up & after you clarified the rules I asked a question relating to the electoral system (not sure that qualifies as Politics as such but not arguing that point) as something I had not experienced in UK or US Government procedure. So far Tom's answer on 'The Art of War' made sense (yours too) but didn't explain how it became the system here or where it came from. Again I ask if anyone can elaborate on the SYSTEM I would be interested in gaining an understanding of it.Beyond that, I am with Tom.......:thats-funny: 23_11_60[2].gif :signnvm: :mocking: :thumbsup: :mocking:Uzi
Uzi, I wish I could answer that and I hope someone else more knowledgeable can. Someone, anyones??I know what you sought and I was just trying to explain my thoughts on it all but I am not too sure that my thoughts seem to be the correct ones nowadays anyway and it is sure a harder job trying to moderate people who I hope have also become my friends and not just members on this forum, and to do so without hurting anyones feelings but I just do my best and I can only hope that you all know that I try my best to do it with delicacy and impartiality but unfortunately do not always succeed.Thanks all.  :th_Good-Luck:

UZI
Posted
Posted
Lee,The Forum is "FROM THE NEWS DESK" and I posted a link to a News Site. No mention of Politics here in the RP or anywhere else.The subject of Politics was brought up & after you clarified the rules I asked a question relating to the electoral system (not sure that qualifies as Politics as such but not arguing that point) as something I had not experienced in UK or US Government procedure. So far Tom's answer on 'The Art of War' made sense (yours too) but didn't explain how it became the system here or where it came from. Again I ask if anyone can elaborate on the SYSTEM I would be interested in gaining an understanding of it.Beyond that, I am with Tom.......:thumbsup: 23_11_60[2].gif :mocking: :thumbsup: :mocking: :mocking:Uzi
Uzi, I wish I could answer that and I hope someone else more knowledgeable can. Someone, anyones??I know what you sought and I was just trying to explain my thoughts on it all but I am not too sure that my thoughts seem to be the correct ones nowadays anyway and it is sure a harder job trying to moderate people who I hope have also become my friends and not just members on this forum, and to do so without hurting anyones feelings but I just do my best and I can only hope that you all know that I try my best to do it with delicacy and impartiality but unfortunately do not always succeed.Thanks all. :thats-funny:
Walang Problema Po :signnvm: you are doing a fine job :th_Good-Luck: