Water Quality

Mik
Posted
Posted (edited)

For the past couple of months I've been drinking water from my well. I drank it straight from the well for a few weeks with no ill effects. But now I've been boiling it just to be safe. It tastes good, no chlorine or chemical taste and it has plenty of calcium and magnesium. I can't see drinking bottled water and taking calcium pills. Both cost money. Both are not natural. I don't take pills of any kind now. The well water here is great. The natural mineral compounds are already dissolved. I boil a big tea kettle in the morning and that lasts me all day. That white stuff is calcium that precipitates when the water is boiled. Don't worry about it. You don't have to boil it long. As soon as the kettle whistles I turn it off and just let it sit. The heated water continues to sanitize itself even though the temp falls below boiling.Just don't dig your well in the toxic waste part of town..

Edited by Mik

brock
Posted
Posted
To make a nice cup of tea.....use San Mig Light
Dang Brock, there must be something in the water you're drinking. I can't put my finger on it,but you look a little different today. Actually, you look awesome......!Respectfully -- Jake
My wife Cheryl says thankyou jake

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

We had that white stuff in our water boiler and I believe we used bottled water to boot. We were making baby formula, so sure we wouldn't have used tap water. My wife said it was okay, just something (healthy). I can't remember what she said, but she wasn't fazed. Still.... even with the baby surviving, I didn't like the looks of something that looks like snow coating the inside of our boiler.

United Army
Posted
Posted

I went to the dentist last week for a yearly check up (my first one here in the RP), I have been here for 1 year ... and to my surprise I had plaque or calcium build up on my teeth. My dental hygiene is perfect, I can go for 2-3 years without a cleaning and have no build up. The dentist said that my build up on my teeth was from brushing my teeth with tap water here in the RP. And after thinking about it, that makes sense. I had allot of build up on my bottom front teeth.So don’t drink the tap water here in the RP and don’t brush your teeth with it either…well you can if you want to....

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I gotta change my earlier story. We were in Canada using a hotel water boiler which had a ton of calcium build up in it; not the Philippines. The funny thing is, my wife thought calcium is good for the teeth. I'm confused... it's bad, right?

Mik
Posted
Posted

You need calcium to live. Naturally occuring calcium in ground water is more useable than calcium pills. Just brush you teeth with baking soda. I'm avoiding bottled water..