Where Do Members Come From

Travis
Posted
Posted

I was wondering what the makeup of foreigners who live here might be? where do more Americans live? I live in Cebu for now & I am from the US & I see more people who come from other Asian countries & most of the white guys I see are from other places besides the US based on their accents so is it like that all over the Philippines or just in Cebu? their are many Koreans here in Cebu so that makes me wonder if they are also so prevalent in other parts of the Philippines? I am not complaining just wondering

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I think most came from the planet Mars or Venus! I think my SS buddy Jake came from the Planet of Pluto, because there's more Black Holes there and dense due to the Big Bang theory! SugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif

oldutot
Posted
Posted
I think most came from the planet Mars or Venus! I think my SS buddy Jake came from the Planet of Pluto, because there's more Black Holes there and dense due to the Big Bang theory! SugarwareZ-011.gifSugarwareZ-005.gif
Hey Art, Did Jake mention that he and I plan to sail bare-ass on his hobie in your swimming pool hystery.gif

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Jake did mention that he knew how to sail a hobie cat as long he has his Mojo on land, cause a pitcher of Mojo and sailing I guess doesn't mix! SugarwareZ-005.gif:cheersty:

Travis
Posted
Posted

maybe the mods need to move this to the joke section

Mik
Posted
Posted
Where Do Members Come From?
I thought the stork brings them..

UZI
Posted
Posted
I was wondering what the makeup of foreigners who live here might be? where do more Americans live? I live in Cebu for now & I am from the US & I see more people who come from other Asian countries & most of the white guys I see are from other places besides the US based on their accents so is it like that all over the Philippines or just in Cebu? their are many Koreans here in Cebu so that makes me wonder if they are also so prevalent in other parts of the Philippines? I am not complaining just wondering
Hi Traveller,I will give you a stab at an answer. I am British & live in Laguna, South of Manila. There are many Koreans around here too also Japanese, due to the Technopark factories close by (Panasonic, Honda, Nissan, Toyota etc) & I know that there are lots of Norwegians in Cebu as well. I know of Aussies & Dutch here & on Mindanao too. As for where expats live, well all over. As for Americans, I guess you will find a high concentration around Angeles City, Subic & Clark, North of Manila.Uzi.

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well Traveler, you did it again -- another excellent post starter! I currently reside in SoCal (southern California) but was born in Olongapo City, about 2-3 hours north of Manila. My wife Judy is from Batangas City, 2 hours south of Manila. We plan to settle down somewhere in Batangas province, preferably near the beach. We sometimes go up to nearby Tagaytay City, which overlooks Lake Taal and noticed many Korean visitors there, as well as Puerto Galera in Mindoro Island (1 hour banca boat ride south of Batangas City). I believe Uzi is correct that most American expats live near former US military bases. It would be the greatest missed opportunity if I do not go out and travel around this paradise called the Philippines.I wish I had your free spirit and courage to enjoy that paradise on a motorcycle. But a morbid thought just came tomind -- maybe I could ride with you. As long as the vibrations does not sexually arouse me, I could ride sitting right behind you (that would be a Kodak moment, don't you think?). He, he -- Jake Edited by Jake
spelling

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Hello Traveler, We live in Brisbane Australia and Lock Norte Asturias Cebu about 45min drive from the city.Our mama takes care of the house with my Asawa's 3 boys when we are not there she helped build the house from the start very smart ladyWe are looking at buying a Multi-Cab for our next visit bouncing along in the trikes plays hell on my arse i am hoping now that the elections are over the local mayor might do something about fixing the roads in our province.I have heard of a German, a Norwegian, Austrian, and another Australian who I have not yet met with live near by.Cheers Braddo

Singers
Posted
Posted
Tacloban is my "home City". There is a very strong US contingent perhaps 20++ and a few Canadians. Half a dozen Brits + 4 Irish + a Swiss and 5 German's ... 1 Indian and 4 Japanese. Those are the one's I have seen. A Dane and a Swede.No Korean that I know of.:buttkick:UK Tom