Homesick

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Looking for a bit of advice and opinions if I may guys,I got married to my beautiful Filipina not long ago and we are about to start on the process of bringing her home to the states.You guys that have moved your Filipina to the states should be able to throw some light on how she coped with being away from family and friends in a new land. Did any one have a difficult time with their wife or maybe better put did your wife get home sick?Can you advise on the best way to help her get used to a new life in a different country or did your wife adapt easily .How did she manage with little things like food,did she try to find the sorts of food that she normally eats or change more to a western diet?I am hoping for a smooth transition for her and would appreciate any good advice you guys may have.Robert
Hi Robert,Has your wife arrived in the States yet? Once she arrives let us know and we can hook her up with our Filipina wife’s if you wish. IMO it’s helpful if she has Filipina friends who have been through the separation thing to talk with. My wife was homesick at times especially around her first Christmas. That was before cell phones and computer were common in Philippines. Yes, there was a time cell phones were not common in Philippines believe it or not!

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: Here is the deal. There are cities that have a large Pinoy population. Hawaii, S. Ca., Las Vegas, and so on. and there are all those area's that do not. Where you are bringing her to is what determines the enviorment she will be living in. Next is, "What does she want to do"? Stay at home wife, get a Good Job, get any job, and so on.What does she expect to happen? Be dependent on the husband, and that is fine? or get a drivers license, own car, own bank acct/credit card, and so on?The point being, The more options she has, the more people from the Philippines she see's, the more friends/aquaintences she gets, the more she will be happy here. On the other hand, if it is just sitting at home, in a small town in N. Dakoda, while you are work, the more homesick she will be.