Type O+ Givers Needed

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Its typical service.. generally we seem to keep people at the hospital 24/7 ourselves (from what ive noticed with friends families). Can't rely on the staff but often everything at the hospital seems to be an "extra!". Anyway I am still here if needed..

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Well, finally got an answer from the GF's family in the province. Mary Rose is OUT of the hospital and she DID get a blood transfusion...but still sick and on antibiotics and other meds. I will find out more when my helper returns tomorrow from her mini vacation, and that is her cousin (same names too....weird), but she is in the province right now...VERY thin but at least home.

• 2 weeks later...
tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

hopefully on the road to a full recovery.. at least you managed to get it all sorted.

UZI
Posted
Posted

Good to see Expats getting involved instead of just talk. The more personal experience of the way things are here, the more help & real advice can be given to readers........IMHO.Well done Inspector & Matt AddEmoticons04230.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted

Bad news I just received. Mary Rose has passed on. :)

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Bad news I just received. Mary Rose has passed on. :)
Sorry to hear that.  What a shame.

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Words can not describe my distaste for the catholic church and how they mismanage this country, the once pearl of asia.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear that also angry as she was obviously not fit enough to go home. Do you know what the cause of loss was? Its things like this that make me wonder why I stay here sometimes.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Sorry to hear that also angry as she was obviously not fit enough to go home. Do you know what the cause of loss was? Its things like this that make me wonder why I stay here sometimes.
Tropical, that is the part that made me so angry. The said her liver, but they never ran ANY tests. The old saying here is, no money, you die. Well, that is exactly what happened to this sweet pinay. I was telling Lee the other day about a pinay I witnessed get run over by a slow moving multi cab while we were driving and stuck in traffic on the opposite side of the road. The girls leg was broke, compound, and I am sure had some other injuries internal. I hopped out of my car and ran over. Not ONE other person came to this pinays aid. Me, being still set in western standards did the entire lay down, check for shock, pulse, worried her neck could be broken, stop the bleeding and...call for an ambulance. I'm yelling dial 911 (usa number for help) but the driver just places her in the front seat with her friend. She was in so much pain, her leg mangled.....and I am thinking how is this girl going to pay for this? Will they turn her away? My GF said the driver has to pay, as did Lee. Well, not to get into the horror stories I have heard with expats and the private hospitals here in the PI, I could only imagine what a public place must be like.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

GuysPlease if you wish to discuss this further post in another section of the forum,this forum is for emergencies and other life saving situations. We don't want a whole bunch of posts clouding this section of the forum.Please read above the first post.