Riding A Jeepney

Singers
Posted
Posted (edited)
I haven't ridden in a jeepney in the past 10 years! I hardly go out at night let alone drive at night unless it's in a bus or a rented van with a personal driver! It just seems that all the bad things that occur is usually at night and some times during the day in secluded areas where no law enforcement is present! So be observant of the people around you, learn the techniques of judging people's body language out in public or when driving out on any road and know the area! When I was in the military ages ago, these techniques were taught to all military personnel by the O.S.I., F.B.I. or C.I.A. in countries where crime and or terrorism is a common occurrence! Learning and knowing of these techniques may save your life one of these days! Here's a few body language signs: http://1to101.com/Body_LanguageBut I'm sure if anyone is interested, the internet is where to look! So, always be safe, make your own rules to live by that you think may help you to avoid being robbed or killed!
Very interesting education on body language. I especially like the lower body language signs he, he.Maybe now is the time you could further educate us in body language that is unique to the Filipino.For example, two fingers tapping the forearm means what?Another curve ball -- Jake
Hi Jake,Is the gesture directed at a man OR woman. If the latter I would guess ????. :whistling: "lets get together"!!!UK Tom Edited by Singers

• 3 months later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted

In Subic and Angeles, they had a scam where they would drop change, and while you bent to pick it up, the pickpocket would slip out your wallet. Not sure if this is all over the Philippines, but my advice would be if anybody drops change on a jeepney, do not help them. I don't carry a wallet, so I do not worry...but pickpockets are amazingly good at what they do.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

That's a hilarious video. For some reason, I think I'm going to need my wife to translate it for me, though. This suck though, hearing of all the danger on jeepneys. I really like them, in the sense that they're cheap, blast loud music, and look cool. My wife is convinced we'll need our own vehicle in the Philippines because riding the jeepney is dangerous. I know we'll need our own vehicle for a lot of reasons, family and business, but it disturbs me to recently hear of how dangerous they are, while I rode them a million times before. I've even considered owning a jeepney of FX business one day. My wife was almost robbed on a bus in Manila earlier this year, while with our toddler and 12 year old girl. A group of guys were all crowded in the aisle, acting like strangers, when one squeezed by the others, leaning over my wife, and she saw his hand in her purse. He pulled it out when he saw she noticed, but then discreetly showed her a knife. She said all she had were diapers. They moved on to the front of the bus, trying to shake down an old man, when a group of larger guys got on the bus, and their group moved on, maybe avoiding a confrontation.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I was convinced there were dirty language or jokes in the video, despite the subtitles, but my wife seemed annoyed when I asked her what they were. Guess there weren't any.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I was convinced there were dirty language or jokes in the video, despite the subtitles, but my wife seemed annoyed when I asked her what they were. Guess there weren't any.
That jeepney video does not contain any dirty words in the Tagalog dialect. The guy in the video is called "Roadfill" andhe teams up with his buddy "Moy-moy palaboy" to lip sync some popular songs. They are quite hilarious and became anovernight success in You Tube with millions and millions of hits. Check it out......
Have a good one -- Jake