Home Invasion That Just Happened To Us

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi Mr. Lee and Nila,                             I'm glad all is well with the both of you.
Thank you sir. I now have the police report and have done a complete background check on the attacker. Turns out he is 47, and I am almost 62, he weighs in at about 260 pounds and poor old me is only about 210 pounds, he is 6' 2" and I am less than 6 feet now, maybe 5' 11" and he used to be a tile setter and from all deleted details in the police report that I am not supposed to see,   SugarwareZ-004.gif  he seems to be a paranoid schizophrenic which also helps to account for his enormous amount of strength for his size and age. Public records show this fellow as having been violent in his younger years with arrests for resisting arrest with violence, battery and battery on a law enforcement officer, to name a few, and has probably been using his medical issue to prevent later arrests showing up on his record, so I am just happy that it ended well for both of us and that I won without having to kill him.  In retrospect and now knowing all the facts that I did not know before, that he is a neighbor and probably off his medication, I would have done the same thing again and I am glad I did what I did because killing someone should always be the very last resort and those people who have never had to seriously injure someone face to face, have no idea of what they would have to go through after the fact, that alone should give a person pause. Most everyone has a family that loves them and thinks they can do no wrong and most of our neighbors who have spoken to me after the fact have said that he always seemed to be a gentle person and very quiet,  so while the public neighborhood opinion seems to be on my side now, it could just have easily gone the other way had I dropped him permanently since many people do not like or are afraid of guns. Again, I posted this here for others to learn from and I only hope that others will make plans as to what they might do if the situation were to have happened to them and make sure to have the tools to deal with it should it happen wherever they live and within the constraints of the laws of the land wherever that might be. I have now started to carry my Kubotan key holder again and that I always had on my key ring for more years than I can remember before stopping to carry it years ago because of all our traveling we do and fear of forgetting it was there.  I am not as young as I once was and do not wish to hurt my hands again on someone, so the kubotan can be a non lethal weapon when used properly or a deadly weapon if need be and with proper training, and only if the other person does not have a gun or knife.