Christmas Dinner

Mike S
Posted
Posted

:AddEmoticons04230: :AddEmoticons04230: christmas_emoticons_187.gif ....... sorry I'm a little slow this morning ..... was trying to make the Bayot connection ...... I forgot I said 12 fruits ...... dah ...... now I find out that the fruits need to be all round ... (no comments Tom S) .....Yea I have used salt pork also but haven't looked for any here ..... hog jowls were better as they are cut into long fairly thin strips and served as the main meat in the meal ..... Yup ...... gonna make corn-bread ...... Julie has never had any ....... Collards are another necessity but doubt if I can find any here ...... but I'll look

BobNChe
Posted
Posted

Mike there are two or three greens here that are similar to collards. You will see them in the wet market.The hams they sell here are typically de-boned and round like a ball. Look in the supermarkets now, they will have 4-8 varieties at least. But there is very little salt in them and some are much sweeter than you might like. I've seen corn meal in Ayala a few times. I have several 5 pound bags of Martha White's. Might be coerced into selling you one if you can't find any!