Temporary & Permanent Accomodation In Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hello,@ Mr. Lee"The Aysha-Lily Guest House is on Mango (the worst part of town IMO) and near Osmena Circle" Actually I can not find Mango Avenue in Google Earth, but because they said them-self they are located in Mango Ave. and according with the map provided in they web site, I guess that is an informal name given to General Maxilom Avenue. I wonder why?@ Boss ManI checked out both your suggested accomodations including your pictures of the "appartelle". For my taste, I would prefer to stay at The Waterfront Hotel, Deluxe room seems to be nice at 110 USD per night and they have both Italian and Japanese restaurants that are among my favorite cuisines. 
Mango Square and area is on General Maxilom and is commonly referred to as Mango. Sorry I confused you. $110 a night would make you very rich and sort of a target IMO and might get women and taxi drivers thinking you are very very rich so just be careful when out and about.

siamesecat64
Posted
Posted

@ Mr. Lee $110 a night would make you very rich and sort of a target IMO and might get women and taxi drivers thinking you are very very rich so just be careful when out and about.Ok, so do you suggest NOT to go to the Waterfront nor to the Aysha Lily Guest House (only for its location, right?). I checked out the Maxwell Hotel, but I do not like it very much (based on their web page). What about the Crowne Garden Hotel? It is in the same area of The Waterfront and even cheaper of the Maxwell (about the rooms I would like to stay in)...

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
@ Mr. Lee $110 a night would make you very rich and sort of a target IMO and might get women and taxi drivers thinking you are very very rich so just be careful when out and about.Ok, so do you suggest NOT to go to the Waterfront nor to the Aysha Lily Guest House (only for its location, right?). I checked out the Maxwell Hotel, but I do not like it very much (based on their web page). What about the Crowne Garden Hotel? It is in the same area of The Waterfront and even cheaper of the Maxwell (about the rooms I would like to stay in)...
I am not suggesting that you do not stay in a nice hotel but just telling you that based on rates, $110 a night would make you very rich in most Filipinos eyes, some of whom only earn about $2 a day. You can buffer that by saying you are on business and your company is paying for your room and you should have no problem with the taxi drivers at the hotel, it is only when you are on the street and ask for a taxi back to the hotel or if you should meet a lady and tell her you are staying at the hotel. Just expect for everything to possibly cost you more when related to your stay. Also Waterfront is a gambling hotel so many gamblers hang out there and stay there. I hear they have a great pool though and my wife and I eat in the buffet there a few times each stay and it is reasonably good.   I have never stayed in Crowne Garden Hotel, so possibly someone who has can comment. Trip advisor is usually right on and should give you an idea if you discount the ones that are probably written by hotel staff or managers incognito.    

siamesecat64
Posted
Posted

@ Mr. LeeI am not suggesting that you do not stay in a nice hotel but just telling you that based on rates, $110 a night would make you very rich in most Filipinos eyes, some of whom only earn about $2 a day. ... omissis ... Just expect for everything to possibly cost you more when related to your stay. Yes, I do understand what you mean, don't worry. Once again, Thank You for your useful advice.siamesecat64

aldamerin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi siamesecat64,There are lots of vacation rentalsand accommodations in Cebu. Regards, aldamerin

Edited by Boss Man
removed link, member can contact an admin

• 1 year later...
ilovesojoy
Posted
Posted

is there any cheap apartment near in metro sports?

• 3 months later...
OBA
Posted
Posted
Hello Everyone! this is my second question: Because I have NOT experience at all about the Philippines, I am collecting informations from the web, but I would like to ask you resident for first hand suggestions, so: I selected the follow accomodations for my first visit (3 weeks) that would be hopefully in July, in order of preference 1) Aysha-Lily Guest House ==>> Penthouse room or Air conditioned Double room 2) Crowne Garden Hotel ==>> Ambassador suite 3) Midtown Hotel ==>>Deluxe room 4) Holiday Plaza Hotel ==>> Business Class Room 5) Richmond Plaza Hotel ==>> Executive suite Later on, while will time for relocation (probably November), I think for the first year should be useful living in town and I selected the follow condominuim: Windland Towers, 155 sq. m. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining, living & receiving area @ 17,5000 PHP I think the condominium rate is a bit expensive (could be negotiable to 15,000 PHP?) Anyway, any suggestion / advice will be well received. Thank You, siamesecat64
If you are looking for a five star hotel then the only one that I know of would be Marco Polo but it is really not conveniently located in my opinion since it is up on the hill and not walking distance to anything. If you like Winland Towers, that is where we live when we are there, but it is far from five star and I might rate the newer building we live in as one of two stars, then you might wish to have a look at Maxwell Hotel, I made a post HERE about it and we have had quite a few friends stay there and most have reported back that they liked it and it is right around the corner from Winland Towers and you can actually see Winland from the front of the hotel and since you think you might like to end up at Winland then why not get used to the area. It is also a very short ride to the malls from Maxwell and Winland and walking distance if you like to walk like I do but IMO wait until you know your way around. As a new person to Cebu, I would stay away from Midtown or any hotel on or near Osmena Circle since that is near Robinsons Mall and that is where all the street vendors and beggars seem to hang out and harass people and a new person might get a little intimidated by some of that, whereas once you have your Cebu legs so to speak and know your way around then IMO you would then better know how to deal with that part of life in Cebu. Now as for real rates in Winland, you can call or text my friend Angelo and he would be able to give you true rental rates and what is available in Winland because a lot of what you find on the Internet is inflated and directed at foreigners, but I can also tell you now that a furnished studio will rent for in the area of p15,000 or more and while the figure you quoted seemed high to me for a 3 bedroom, I do know that one bedrooms and two bedrooms rent for upwards of p40,000 so a 3 bedroom would no doubt be much higher and the more upgrades the unit has, the more it will cost to rent. Winland also offered rent to own from what I have been told and 30% down with possibly 5 years to pay on a purchase of a new 3 bedroom, but again all things are in flux in Cebu and one day it can be one way and another day it will be different and it will depend on whether things are selling or slow. Angelo cell 09212 739 620 and then the Sales office country code is 63 and then 032 for Cebu or if in Cebu just 255 2636 and he is not always in the office so best to text him on his cell to make arrangements to meet with him. Hope that helps.
Greetings Mr. Lee, sir i am seeking accomadations in the Cebu area so that i can have 30 days to explore the area (danao, naga city). I will stay 30 days with my gf, in those 30 days we will decide if the cebu region is the area that we will settle. If so, i will return in 90 days and we will return to the same initial accomadations and live there until we are able to rent or buy permanent accomadations. In your opinion sir, what accomadation would you recommend for the initial 30 day stay and upon my return. Tell me your top three recommendations and i will choose from them. The perfect location would be outside the hustle of the city, yet close enough to take a 20 min taxi to the market, malls and resturants. I am a country boy so the quietness of the nature energy is best for me, even if your recommendations are in danao city or naga city thats cool. We can afford 700-900 dollars a month. thanks in advance. Be at peace.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Greetings Mr. Lee, sir i am seeking accomadations in the Cebu area so that i can have 30 days to explore the area (danao, naga city). I will stay 30 days with my gf, in those 30 days we will decide if the cebu region is the area that we will settle. If so, i will return in 90 days and we will return to the same initial accomadations and live there until we are able to rent or buy permanent accomadations. In your opinion sir, what accomadation would you recommend for the initial 30 day stay and upon my return. Tell me your top three recommendations and i will choose from them. The perfect location would be outside the hustle of the city, yet close enough to take a 20 min taxi to the market, malls and resturants. I am a country boy so the quietness of the nature energy is best for me, even if your recommendations are in danao city or naga city thats cool. We can afford 700-900 dollars a month. thanks in advance. Be at peace.
OBA I am more familiar with places to stay in the city than I am with same in the provinces of Cebu, so possibly best some of the others to give you an idea for where to stay outside the city but I will bring up one issue that possibly has not crossed your mind, since I am not sure why you wish those areas but if your lady is not from the region and if she does not speak Cebuano, then you might be better off inside the city to start off and working out from within because many of the people in the provinces will not speak English and many may not have a good education, so therefore not be comfortable speaking Tagalog either, whereas in the city, many will speak English and Tagalog. Now if your lady is originally from there, then that will not be an issue at all. Others, could you please help OBA with his question.

OBA
Posted
Posted
OBA I am more familiar with places to stay in the city than I am with same in the provinces of Cebu, so possibly best some of the others to give you an idea for where to stay outside the city but I will bring up one issue that possibly has not crossed your mind, since I am not sure why you wish those areas but if your lady is not from the region and if she does not speak Cebuano, then you might be better off inside the city to start off and working out from within because many of the people in the provinces will not speak English and many may not have a good education, so therefore not be comfortable speaking Tagalog either, whereas in the city, many will speak English and Tagalog. Now if your lady is originally from there, then that will not be an issue at all. Others, could you please help OBA with his question.
Ok, i overstand, thanks.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Hello Everyone! this is my second question: Because I have NOT experience at all about the Philippines, I am collecting informations from the web, but I would like to ask you resident for first hand suggestions, so: I selected the follow accomodations for my first visit (3 weeks) that would be hopefully in July, in order of preference 1) Aysha-Lily Guest House ==>> Penthouse room or Air conditioned Double room2) Crowne Garden Hotel ==>> Ambassador suite3) Midtown Hotel ==>>Deluxe room4) Holiday Plaza Hotel ==>> Business Class Room5) Richmond Plaza Hotel ==>> Executive suite Later on, while will time for relocation (probably November), I think for the first year should be useful living in town and I selected the follow condominuim: Windland Towers, 155 sq. m. 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, dining, living & receiving area @ 17,5000 PHP I think the condominium rate is a bit expensive (could be negotiable to 15,000 PHP?)
So is it 175,000 per month or P17,000 per month. P17,000 per month seems extraordinarily low for 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Of your 5 hotel suggestions, I would personally not stay at any of them but If I had to choose, I would stay at Holiday Plaza. Regards: Jim.