Posted (edited)
Balikbayan visa is no more
I think you need to elaborate on that statement Edited by UZI

No name
Posted
Posted
I think you need to elaborate on that statement
A BI Officer told me that it is no longer offered. It was replaced with something else.I didn't do anything to confirm it but he stamps the passports. It didn't make any sense to me, something about people not understanding what it was for. That's what i was told by BI.

UZI
Posted
Posted
A BI Officer told me that it is no longer offered. It was replaced with something else.I didn't do anything to confirm it but he stamps the passports. It didn't make any sense to me, something about people not understanding what it was for. That's what i was told by BI.
I think he meant VISA isn't offered. The BB pass or stamp is as it has been for some time. I think you need to explain statements like that in some detail not just post without any supporting info.

No name
Posted
Posted
I think he meant VISA isn't offered. The BB pass or stamp is as it has been for some time. I think you need to explain statements like that in some detail not just post without any supporting info.
UZI, are you a moderator? If you're not stop moderating. The BI Officer said it didn't exist any more. Go argue with him.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK both, let me end it here before it gets out of hand. If anyone has any links to any new laws that shows the law has changed then please post them, and only the moderators will moderate so let this stop here. I do not feel there is anything wrong with a member telling us what a BI official told them, but it should be stated as such and not as a fact unless backed up with a link to a law, news story or a copy of something in writing.  

• 4 weeks later...
No name
Posted
Posted

An update.... There is still a one year visa. They just stopped officially calling it a Balikbayan Visa. People were confused by the idea of "returning" or coming back since its not always about returning.So no real change.