Visa Extension

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Hi, I'm aware from previous visits that after 21 days you can extend for a further 38 days then 59 days, then 59 days...However, I heard that now..on the first renewal for 59 days there isa fee for some kind of carded ID....is this so?How much is it and is that fee only for the first renewal of 59 days and then it reverts to lower cost for subsequent 59 days renewal?what are the charges?Thanks in advance

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi, I'm aware from previous visits that after 21 days you can extend for a further 38 days then 59 days, then 59 days...However, I heard that now..on the first renewal for 59 days there isa fee for some kind of carded ID....is this so?How much is it and is that fee only for the first renewal of 59 days and then it reverts to lower cost for subsequent 59 days renewal?what are the charges?Thanks in advance
Hi Roy, in another thread I think you said you are married to a Filipina? If that is correct then if you two travel together then you would not need a visas and you would both just ask for the Balikbayan Privilege upon entry and possibly have to show your marriage license, but if you will be traveling alone, then you will need the visas.  I have invited Paul Ancienroka to this question and since it is his business to do visas and other things, I am sure he would have current prices for you and others. Hope that helps.

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
Hi Roy,In Feb this year the new ACR card policy was implemented in Cebu. Any tourist who stays longer than 59 days is required to obtain one - the cost is $50, ( about2,300p) plus another 500p express lane feeThe sceond extension was always quite expensive at 4,830p and this new fee makes the total now around 7,600p.All other fees are pretty much the same as they were before.Paul

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for that.I assume then that the first 59 day renewal only incurs this extra fee for the card, subsequent renewals revert to normal.And, yes, I am married to a Filipino and had Balikbayan before. Just that occassionally I do travel there alone to keep up with the family 'goings on', check maintenance on house in Camotes and some business follow ups. It's all go! SugarwareZ-046.gif

Edited by roy2cebu

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Thanks for that.I assume then that the first 59 day renewal only incurs this extra fee for the card, subsequent renewals revert to normal.
Yes, subsequent renewals are unchanged.Regards: Jim

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

When my wife and I hit the 6 month mark with our every 2 month extensions, there was an additional fee of around P1,200 for the both of us! I didn't read my receipt closely what it was for, I just paid it after questioning the BI official of the extra charge! What can anyone do, but pay it!On second thought, not certain of that, because I remember paying only P5,700 for the two us on our 4th month extension and around P7,800 when we hit the 6th month! What a scam huh! That's around P60,000 for 12 months worth of extensions for two, but we only plan to stay 10 months before going on vacation to the U.S. in September, but still that's around P50,000! Still a scam!!!!!!!!! Maybe when we come back after a few months, we'll have our " Dual Citizenship" ! That will take care of those unfair costly tourist visa extensions!!!!!!!On a side note:This does not apply to regular tourists, but what about those foreigners married to Filipinos who don't what to go the 13a, 13g visa route or every 2 month tourist visa extensions prior to their BB stamp expiring? So, this may be of interest to somebody out there who's 12 month free BB stamp is about to expire and if one can still get a 6 month extension up to 2 years at your local BI office! This has been our experience in the past! Previously, after our BB stamp has lapsed, my wife and I were able to get 6 month extensions at a cost of only P14,000 we used to do up to 2 years in Olongapo City, Zambales near SBMA, but here in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, the BI officials don't recognize it! Why? Because it's cheaper in the long run! See the big difference in total cost for two vs the regular tourist visa for two? Half!!! Talk about a big rip off and scam!!!!!!!! What's there to do?????? Try calling the BI office in Subic and see what they say! The last time I spoke with them was in November of 2009 when our BB stamp was about to expire, they still honored the 6 months extensions up to 2 years! I guess it's DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT BI OFFICES! I don't know! And I'm sure there hasn't been a revision changing the ruling, or has there been? That I don't know either, but haven't seen one lately! If any one out there is an immigration or travel agent, they should know! That's just my 2 bits worth of information we've experienced and not that long ago either! So, what gives with these BI offices? What a scam for those weary travelers! Shameful!!!!!!!Good luck!!!!!!!This is under Republic Act A6768 Article in the Subic Bulletin dated Feb 9, 2010http://thesubicbulle...-privilage.html 13th paragraph of the article in the Subic Bulletin• Correspondingly, all Balikbayans 14 years and below and 60 years of age shall be allowed to extend their temporary visitor visa a maximum period of 6 months for every extension PROVIDED that all appropriate fees are paid. Thus, Balikbayans are allowed a maximum total stay of 2 years inclusive of all extensions. (MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. ADD – 02 – 011 dated 11 February 2002).

Edited by Mr. Lee

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
When my wife and I hit the 6 month mark with our every 2 month extensions, there was an additional fee of around P1,200 for the both of us! I didn't read my receipt closely what it was for, I just paid it after questioning the BI official of the extra charge! What can anyone do, but pay it!On second thought, not certain of that, because I remember paying only P5,700 for the two us on our 4th month extension and around P7,800 when we hit the 6th month! What a scam huh! That's around P60,000 for 12 months worth of extensions for two, but we only plan to stay 10 months before going on vacation to the U.S. in September, but still that's around P50,000! Still a scam!!!!!!!!! Maybe when we come back after a few months, we'll have our " Dual Citizenship" ! That will take care of those unfair costly tourist visa extensions!!!!!!!On a side note:This does not apply to regular tourists, but what about those foreigners married to Filipinos who don't what to go the 13a, 13g visa route or every 2 month tourist visa extensions prior to their BB stamp expiring? So, this may be of interest to somebody out there who's 12 month free BB stamp is about to expire and if one can still get a 6 month extension up to 2 years at your local BI office! This has been our experience in the past! Previously, after our BB stamp has lapsed, my wife and I were able to get 6 month extensions at a cost of only P14,000 we used to do up to 2 years in Olongapo City, Zambales near SBMA, but here in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, the BI officials don't recognize it! Why? Because it's cheaper in the long run! See the big difference in total cost for two vs the regular tourist visa for two? Half!!! Talk about a big rip off and scam!!!!!!!! What's there to do?????? Try calling the BI office in Subic and see what they say! The last time I spoke with them was in November of 2009 when our BB stamp was about to expire, they still honored the 6 months extensions up to 2 years! I guess it's DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT BI OFFICES! I don't know! And I'm sure there hasn't been a revision changing the ruling, or has there been? That I don't know either, but haven't seen one lately! If any one out there is an immigration or travel agent, they should know! That's just my 2 bits worth of information we've experienced and not that long ago either! So, what gives with these BI offices? What a scam for those weary travelers! Shameful!!!!!!!Good luck!!!!!!!This is under Republic Act A6768 Article in the Subic Bulletin dated Feb 9, 2010http://thesubicbulle...-privilage.html 13th paragraph of the article in the Subic Bulletin• Correspondingly, all Balikbayans 14 years and below and 60 years of age shall be allowed to extend their temporary visitor visa a maximum period of 6 months for every extension PROVIDED that all appropriate fees are paid. Thus, Balikbayans are allowed a maximum total stay of 2 years inclusive of all extensions. (MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. ADD – 02 – 011 dated 11 February 2002).
A slight correction on my post about the amounts of our 59 day tourist visa extension for 12 months, equals to approximately P42,000 and not the P60,000. And only P35,000, not P50,000 for 10 months as we plan to do til September. Edited by Mr. Lee

UZI
Posted
Posted
our 59 day tourist visa extension for 12 months, equals to approximately P42,000
Just to clarify for anyone reading this later, this cost quoted above is for TWO people. Therefore P21,000 per year per person is the figure most people would pay when extending there tourist visa.Uzi

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
our 59 day tourist visa extension for 12 months, equals to approximately P42,000
Just to clarify for anyone reading this later, this cost quoted above is for TWO people. Therefore P21,000 per year per person is the figure most people would pay when extending there tourist visa. Uzi
What's there to clarify? Do the simple (no brainer) math, P42,000 for two people, P21,000 per person for a 12 month tourist visa extension! Dah!!!!! So, what's there to clarify?:lol::541::hystery: Just divide 42 in half!!!!!!!:th_thbarbaque:SugarwareZ-004.gifBesides, this topic is about the whining and moaning of expats! That's not me or anyone else on this forum like Lee mentioned! I just posted the facts and of our experiences so that it may help others!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

OK guys, stop it or I will close this topic and start deleting posts. You both got your say, now lets just get back to helping people and stop the obvious personal conflict.  I will highlight the part about two in Arts post. 

• Like 1