Visa Extension

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

I do try to help others whenever I can by posting important information related to facts and of our experiences to help those who maybe in need of help! For instance, the reason why I brought up the subject of the long lost or ignored 6 month extension under RA 6768, was that I saw a few disabled people wheel chair bounded and the BI office in Sta. Rosa, Laguna isn't wheel chair accessible, where the handicapped individual had to be dragged up the stairs! So, if the Balikbayan 6 month extension is still available according to the existing memorandum, only 2 visits a year will suffice instead of the every 59 day extensions! Because from what I've experienced recently, when the BB stamp is about to expire, we reverted back to tourist status and forced to do the 59 day tourist visa extensions up to 16 months! Why so, if the 6 month extension is still available according to RA 6768 I mentioned in my post from the article in the Subic Bulletin dated February 10, 2010? Get my point? I was just presenting the facts and of our experiences! It's just up to the individual who are interested in following it up! A lot of disabled individuals residing in the Philippines have limited income via their SSD pension and if they did have SSI, well they lose that living outside of the U.S.! So you see, some can not afford an agent because of their tight budget! How much more will it be harder for them to process their own 13a or 13g permanent resident visa on their own without the assistance of an agent and or family and friends? Maybe some BI officials are reading these posts and begin to assess if their offices are wheel chair accessible and do something about it ASAP!

• 8 months later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Balikbayan Stamp About To Expire? About Visa Extensions! Since Tom's forum has a lot of new members recently, I just want to clarity for those of you who are not dual citizens nor have a 13a or 13g permanent resident visas and are just using the one year free "Balikbayan"stamp, prior to it's expiration, one can avail the 9(a) 6 month interval visa extension up to 24 months if you are age 60 and above at your local BI office which saves time, traveling long distance and a few pesos! Or do you prefer to acquire your every 2 month tourist visa extension if you have to take a plane or ferry to your nearest BI office? Or you and your Filipino spouse can also just take a short vacation, leave and return to get your one year BB stamp all over again upon reentry back into the Philippines!

Jake
Posted
Posted
Balikbayan Stamp About To Expire? About Visa Extensions! Since Tom's forum has a lot of new members recently, I just want to clarity for those of you who are not dual citizens nor have a 13a or 13g permanent resident visas and are just using the one year free "Balikbayan"stamp, prior to it's expiration, one can avail the 9(a) 6 month interval visa extension up to 24 months if you are age 60 and above at your local BI office which saves time, traveling long distance and a few pesos! Or do you prefer to acquire your every 2 month tourist visa extension if you have to take a plane or ferry to your nearest BI office? Or you and your Filipino spouse can also just take a short vacation, leave and return to get your one year BB stamp all over again upon reentry back into the Philippines!
Dang Art, we would like to extend our appreciation again for this excellent reminder. Hey guys, please don't waituntil the last minute. Respectfully -- Jake

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: I renewed my visa last month for 30 days. This was in Olongapo. I wore, long pants, dress shirt, shoes, and the like. Everyone in the immigration office laughed at me, "Your new here arent you"? Everyone else was in shorts, flip flops, and tank top.Any way, my sister in law was with me, and upon informing them my wife had died, they ask me, "Then why are you staying here"? Upon informing them of our family situation, they extended my visa for 30 more days, and i have to go back again by the 12th of April. Anyone know if I am stuck just getting short renewals, or do i have any other options? They did not ask to see any paperwork from me, not even a ticket to leave the country.???Thanks.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

My deepest condolences to you and your wife's family! You may try the SRRV Program: http://www.pra.gov.p...faq?page=1#gen2http://goiloilo.com/...ment-visa-srrv/or try for a Non quota immigrant visa: http://www.philembas...t.asp?iId=KFLEJ If nothing works for you, you're stuck with regular tourist visa extension every 59 days up to 16 or 24 months! http://immigration.g...d=118&Itemid=43Philippines Immigrations home page: http://immigration.gov.ph/

Edited by Art2ro