How Young Is Too Young And How Old Is Just Right For You?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:th_exactly: How young is too young and how old is just right?I ask this question for others to answer to help readers who might want to learn, and because we all have different ideas of why we seek what we do besides just those great tight bodies. SugarwareZ-004.gif BTW at 40 my wife's is still :D Last year while we were in Makati, a PNP friend of mine who is in his mid 20's mentioned to me that he could not get his mind off this young lady who lived near his home and that he hoped to someday marry. I asked him to tell me more and he elaborated by telling me that the lady he was seeking was only 15 and he did not seem to think there was anything wrong with that. So is there a double standard for expats?? :D When my wife and I got together she was 23 and I was 43 and we married 3 years later and I think she was the perfect age for me but it also taught me a few things I had never considered having come from the USA. First but not most important, was that I did not know that school in the Philippines is shorter, until long after I met her, and therefore people graduate and go out to work earlier in life. They have 6 years of elementary school and 4 years of high school and then go on to college which can be 2 years for junior course or 4 years for things like teacher or nurse and 5 years for engineers and probably even more to become a doctor, so they have to grow up faster than we would in the US and be more ready for the real world, while at that same time they are often very naive to street smarts if they come from a province verses a city, and therefore may be easily lead astray by people with wrong intentions. SugarwareZ-024.gif Next and probably even more important, well at least to me, would be health and dental health being two major concerns if the lady you seek is not from a wealthy family..... My wife was working in a store for almost 6 yrs and earning her own way but not rich by any means, so that meant that doctor visits and dental preventative care was not in the budget.... Luckily we met in time to get her into perfect health and dental care, so I now would have to recommend that people think about those issue when seeking a wife or partner and for those reasons alone, they might want younger ladies for lifetime partners...... I know it has been a blessing for me to not have a wife dealing with health issues while I from time to time do have to...... It also cuts down on medical expenses a lot. :th_signs083: Next I have found that it is a lot easier for a lady who is younger to mold into my way of life and to learn to accept my type of music but I am also lucky that my wife was not a disco type, and a younger lady who is, could be a problem for a man who isn't. I have seen issues like that break up a few marriages here, when all the lady wanted to do was dance and party :551: and all her husband wanted to do was rest. :rolleyes: :whistling: OK, I will leave the rest for others to fill in and I am sure there are so many reasons for wanting a younger partner or an older more mature one and I can only post my thoughts on my personal experiences and that does not in any way make my thoughts the correct ones :thumbsup: or the correct way to do things. :as-if:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well it is I think all a matter of individual taste and many will agree or disagree with the way we as individuals think ..... I personally did not look for anyone under the age of 30 ..... my reasons are as I have stated before are my own ..... but I was not just looking for eye candy to hang on my arm ...... but finding a woman at that age ...not married and with out children was I knew .. going to be a problem ..... I was also looking for a women that supported herself and didn't live at home ...... I was lucky and after some 6 years finally met someone on line that clicked for me ..... and have never regretted it ....... I could not have found a better partner than I have now and after 7 months of living together here in Cebu I am looking at the next step in our relationship ...... possibly next year sometime ....... but as with all things ... time will tell .....

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

Well personally I am not interested in anyone under 21. I consider them to still be children no matter how hot they look. My prefered range would be between 23 and 30. My primary requirement is compatability so I would certainly consider some one over 30 if we were a good match. There was a time when I made Shallow Hal look deep but I realize now there are far more important things to make a lasting relationship, but if we are compatable and she also hapens to be young and pretty well that's a bonus isn't it.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well it is I think all a matter of individual taste and many will agree or disagree with the way we as individuals think ..... I personally did not look for anyone under the age of 30 ..... my reasons are as I have stated before are my own ..... but I was not just looking for eye candy to hang on my arm ...... but finding a woman at that age ...not married and with out children was I knew .. going to be a problem ..... I was also looking for a women that supported herself and didn't live at home ...... I was lucky and after some 6 years finally met someone on line that clicked for me ..... and have never regretted it ....... I could not have found a better partner than I have now and after 7 months of living together here in Cebu I am looking at the next step in our relationship ...... possibly next year sometime ....... but as with all things ... time will tell .....
and in my opinion Mike, you found one great lady :D and your reasons were and are sound. :23_11_60[2]:

• 2 weeks later...
paul
Posted
Posted (edited)

Too young is below 18, for me.Just right would be any age (over 18) where the girl shows some maturity.By the way, too old, that would be mid-thirty's I suppose.

Edited by Paul

Travis
Posted
Posted

I think age of the lady would often be relative to the expats ages. A younger expat would probably like a young lady and an older expat might also want a younger lady but might also be willing to accept a more mature older lady and then there is always the younger expat that might want a sugar momma or mature lady to guide him. Different strokes for different folks and I think there is no right or wrong. Go with what makes you happy!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think age of the lady would often be relative to the expats ages. A younger expat would probably like a young lady and an older expat might also want a younger lady but might also be willing to accept a more mature older lady and then there is always the younger expat that might want a sugar momma or mature lady to guide him. Different strokes for different folks and I think there is no right or wrong. Go with what makes you happy!
Great post, I agree. :th_thholysheep: We all need what makes us happy and not what others think will make us happy. :(

TheMason
Posted
Posted
<snip>then there is always the younger expat that might want a sugar momma or mature lady to guide him.
My wife was telling me that it is completely unacceptable for an older woman/younger man couple. Even if the age difference is only a year or less, it's still looked down on. They call the woman 'matrona', look down on her, and talk bad about her. It's only acceptable for younger woman/older man couples.The double standard is alive and well in the Philippines!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
My wife was telling me that it is completely unacceptable for an older woman/younger man couple. Even if the age difference is only a year or less, it's still looked down on. They call the woman 'matrona', look down on her, and talk bad about her. It's only acceptable for younger woman/older man couples.The double standard is alive and well in the Philippines!
There may be that double standard you spoke of, but there is always someone who goes that route anyway. A few years ago my wife and I met a nice couple in Montebello Hotel in Cebu City right behind the country mall. The lady was a retired doctor and her husband was a retired military man who I would guess was maybe 20 years younger than her and they were very happily married and told me that they live outside Cebu City. I did not see anyone treat them with anything but respect and my wife or I surely did not look down on them. More power to them IMHO.Now I have no idea if she was a sugar mom or not, as traveler put it, but they did look happy.I forgot to say, she was a Filipina and he was an American. Edited by Mr. Lee

retired
Posted
Posted
There may be that double standard you spoke of, but there is always someone who goes that route anyway. A few years ago my wife and I met a nice couple in Montebello Hotel in Cebu City right behind the country mall. The lady was a retired doctor and her husband was a retired military man who I would guess was maybe 20 years younger than her and they were very happily married and told me that they live outside Cebu City. I did not see anyone treat them with anything but respect and my wife or I surely did not look down on them. More power to them IMHO.Now I have no idea if she was a sugar mom or not, as traveler put it, but they did look happy.I forgot to say, she was a Filipina and he was an American.
Not being picky but curious .If there is a 20 yr age difference and he is " retired " us military does that make him 40's - 50's * her 60's - 70's ? :blink: