Visa Info Needed

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
I have three friends who have been here 2,7 and 18 years. They all recently got quota visas through a fixer. The cost was between P220K-P235K each!Jim, you said this was the visa type you would choose. But this visa requires that you have at least a $40K investment in the Phils per the rules. Requirements for Quota Immigrant Visa1. Duly-accomplished immigrant visa application form. Click here to download the application form2. Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond authorized period of stay in the Philippines3. Two (2) colored 4.5 x 3.5 cm ID photographs taken during the last six (6) months, quarter profile showing earlobe4. Affidavit of financial capacity and proof of investment in the Philippines of at least forty thousand US dollars (USD40,000.00), or possession of special qualification or skill as specified by the Bureau of Immigration5. Proof of applicant's special qualification which has advanced or will advance the Philippines' national interest6. Must be a national of a country with which the Philippines maintains diplomatic relations or which grants the same immigration privileges to Filipino citizens7. Has no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency8. Has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public charge9. Police clearance issued by the national police authorities in the applicant's country of origin or legal residence, authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate having consular jurisdiction over the place10. Medical health certificate issued by an authorized physician including a standard sized chest X-ray. A duly-accomplished medical examination form for visa applicants must be submitted by the applicant.11. Must not be an excludable alien12. Must not be in the Department of Foreign Affairs blacklist.13. Quota Immigrant Visa Fee of SEK 184014. Self addressed envelope.
Thankyou!I had not noticed the requirement for money to be dpostited before. Regardless, i will not continue with my appliction now.Regards: Jim

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have three friends who have been here 2,7 and 18 years. They all recently got quota visas through a fixer. The cost was between P220K-P235K each!Jim, you said this was the visa type you would choose. But this visa requires that you have at least a $40K investment in the Phils per the rules. Requirements for Quota Immigrant Visa1. Duly-accomplished immigrant visa application form. Click here to download the application form2. Passport valid for at least six (6) months beyond authorized period of stay in the Philippines3. Two (2) colored 4.5 x 3.5 cm ID photographs taken during the last six (6) months, quarter profile showing earlobe4. Affidavit of financial capacity and proof of investment in the Philippines of at least forty thousand US dollars (USD40,000.00), or possession of special qualification or skill as specified by the Bureau of Immigration5. Proof of applicant's special qualification which has advanced or will advance the Philippines' national interest6. Must be a national of a country with which the Philippines maintains diplomatic relations or which grants the same immigration privileges to Filipino citizens7. Has no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency8. Has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public charge9. Police clearance issued by the national police authorities in the applicant's country of origin or legal residence, authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate having consular jurisdiction over the place10. Medical health certificate issued by an authorized physician including a standard sized chest X-ray. A duly-accomplished medical examination form for visa applicants must be submitted by the applicant.11. Must not be an excludable alien12. Must not be in the Department of Foreign Affairs blacklist.13. Quota Immigrant Visa Fee of SEK 184014. Self addressed envelope.
Thankyou!I had not noticed the requirement for money to be dpostited before. Regardless, i will not continue with my appliction now.Regards: Jim
But you might if you win the lotto,but then again if your like me then maybe that would change a lot of things as to plans for the future :AddEmoticons04230:

Mik
Posted
Posted

Actually the 13(a) visa is not renewed each year. It's permanent (after your probation ends). You only have to report to immigration during the first 60 days of each year and that only cost about P300. No requirement to ever leave the country unless they deport you.

Hey guys thanks for the replies ... Jim ... are you saying that if I were married to a Filipina and had a 13a visa I would not have to leave the Phils each year nor renew my visa every other month??????
The 13a visa needs to be renewed, but only once per year. If you apply for the 13a from within the Philippines the requirements are less stringent (no medical tests or proof of financial means) then if you apply abroad, but your first year is 'probationary'. If you get in any trouble with the law during this first year I doubt you'll get your permanent 13a. ...<snip>

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike M ........ and guys for this information ...... I had a reply to Jim's post on the 18 month extension but it seems to have disappeared ..... guess the Martians ate it ...... :AddEmoticons04230:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks Mike M ........ and guys for this information ...... I had a reply to Jim's post on the 18 month extension but it seems to have disappeared ..... guess the Martians ate it ...... :7_4_17[1]:
That would be the only reason its not here Mike :th_unfair: You know recently I sent out many emails (Not from here) to different web sites, some with their own fill in form but not one reply to any.Makes me wonder if they got it or just were not interested in what I was saying.The mind boggles th_fluch.gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Thanks Mike M ........ and guys for this information ...... I had a reply to Jim's post on the 18 month extension but it seems to have disappeared ..... guess the Martians ate it ...... :7_4_17[1]:
That would be the only reason its not here Mike :th_unfair: You know recently I sent out many emails (Not from here) to different web sites, some with their own fill in form but not one reply to any.Makes me wonder if they got it or just were not interested in what I was saying.The mind boggles th_fluch.gif
I got an e-mail maybe I miss read it I don't remember it needing a response. I had a bunch of spam that day maybe I didn't read it carefully. Oops.

twostrokes
Posted
Posted

I got an email also, in fact twice in about 2 minutes of each other. The gist I got was that you were basicly requesting we post, assuming we had something worth while to say. Didn't notice any response required . Maybe you are referring to a bunch of other e-mails you sent out. Don't post as much as I did on the other forum, as I have found out that my info, being 15 yrs out of date, doesn't seem to be of much value to most. SoI pretty much stay in the lurking mode now. Maybe I can learn something.jim

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

The email was mostly a welcome and also meant to be informative to new members that their posts are moderated and need to be approved by the mods and that if they would post so that the mods can get to know that they are not spammers, then they would end up full members sooner.I had a new member who did not understand why when he posted, that his post disappeared to him, so Tom and I felt that it would be good to send out a general message that would have meaning to all and that would explain the process.Many of you who became full members right away because we knew you, have probably never experienced how new member moderation works, so that email explained it to all. Below is a copy in case anyone who did not get it would like to know what it said.Information for our members - Welcome To The Philippines ForumThere are many new members who have not posted yet or have only posted once and I would just like to take this opportunity to welcome you all to the forum. Forums are a wealth of information and I personally have learned a lot by reading different forums, but I feel that I have learned even more once I got involved posting and asking questions that I did not find the answers to on the forums, and now I am lucky enough to be able to help others by answering some questions for people who seek answers themselves. You all would be surprised what answers you might know that others may not know and how you can help someone else by reading and answering others questions. This forum is directed toward the Philippines, so if you are on this forum, you must have interest in the Philippines in some way, but there are also many questions that are asked on it that others can answer who may not even have much experience in the Philippines. Examples are questions about air conditioning, electrical, building, cell phones and many more that include life experiences, so do not be afraid to jump in when you have the answer, or to post things that you are knowledgeable about within the correct threads. Last, we welcome you all to become active members and I just want to explain the new member process. New members posts are moderated, so they come up invisible to all members including yourselves, and the only ones who can initially see them are the moderator team, and then the post will be approved and made visible as soon as one of the moderators see it. It is always a good idea, but not required, to make your first post in the introduction thread so that the moderators can get to know a little about you, and that you are not a spammer and that will help you to become Full Members sooner. Enjoy the forum and do not be afraid to get involved because we were all new once upon a time and we all are human and have made mistakes along the way, myself included too many times to count.Regards from the Administrators Tom and LeeBTW, This was not the email Tom Boss Man was talking about.

Edited by Mr. Lee

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That would be the only reason its not here Mike :7_4_17[1]: You know recently I sent out many emails (Not from here) to different web sites, some with their own fill in form but not one reply to any.Makes me wonder if they got it or just were not interested in what I was saying.The mind boggles th_fluch.gif
I got an e-mail maybe I miss read it I don't remember it needing a response. I had a bunch of spam that day maybe I didn't read it carefully. Oops.
GuysMisunderstanding here, what I said was in regards to email in general and when I said, I sent email to different web sites and in brackets "not from here" I was meaning that private emails I sent from yahoo and other sources to web site owners not forum members.The email some members received from the forum is a different matter and no response is expected.Hope this clears this up :th_unfair: