Which Is Best For Visa

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Hey guysCan anyone explain what it the best thing to do,should I get married in the Philippines and then apply for a visa for the wife to return home with me or would a fiancée visa be best and marry at home once she can get here.What advantages if any of a spouse visa over a fiancée visa,is one or the other quicker or easier to obtain than the other?Any advice appreciated Sam
I just found this link in 1 of the links at the top of the forum while posting so maybe they can help with some answers to or at least tell you the costs for both to help you decide. good luck whatever you do http://www.easyfianc...CFczD7QodoAOd2A
Good website! Yeah, a fiancee K-1 visa is the best way to go if you're not committed to a big wedding with all her family and relatives in the Philippines! Back in 1988, I married my wife in the Philippines in a small civil wedding and with 75 family and relatives were at our reception at a restaurant, but back in those days it was inexpensive to serve that many people. Luckily back in those days, spousal's immigrant visas to the U.S. wasn't a problem to get, 6 to 10 months tops, which I only paid P12,000 to an agent to assist my wife with all the paperwork and physical. Her one way plane ticket to the U.S. cost me $1,000, that was in 1989. So, since 1998 after my retirement, we are both back in the Philippines and retired for good after 22 years of marriage! It's really nice when a plan comes together!

• 2 weeks later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I recently completed a fiancee visa. Took right at 6 months. Could have completed it in 5 but there were some business items to take care of.