Flat Screen Tv Prices

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Boy prices are sure coming down here in the US on all Flat screen TV's but we still have a regular 36" tv because it is working fine and I hate to get rid of it and besides that I do not wish to have to lift it :yes: but at these prices I might just have to bite the bullet. :)   This morning I decided to read the Sunday papers and Target stores have a 32 inch LCD Sylvania on sale for $287 and a 40 inch of the same brand for $487 and a Samsung 46 in for $799, so I wonder what prices are like where you guys live, because I paid big bucks for our 32 inch flat screen in Cebu a few years ago and it looks like I should have bought a regular TV back then, yet I like hooking that one to my computer and watching slingbox while we are there. What would be the best TV to buy, anyone have any opinions?  Now I have to wonder since prices keep coming down, when will stores be paying us to take the old models off their hands. :1 (103): 

stef
Posted
Posted

you could get this if you are feeling richpost-693-036826900 1283180895_thumb.jpgUA55C8000XR55" Series 8 LED SRP 319,900or this if on a budgetpost-693-020331400 1283180834_thumb.jpgCT-21Z45ML SRP: 7,495

stef
Posted
Posted

here is the price for a 46" samsung herepost-693-070365300 1283181122_thumb.jpgLA46B750U1R46" Series 7 LCD SRP: 139,900

sjp52
Posted
Posted

be careful not to compare apples to oranges A 720P is not the sames as a 1080.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

:), it's about time to unload all of our 3 analog TVs! Those big flat screen LCD or LED TVs sounds like a good Xmas gift to myself!23_11_59[1].gifSugarwareZ-003.gif

MikeB
Posted
Posted
here is the price for a 46" samsung herepost-693-070365300 1283181122_thumb.jpgLA46B750U1R46" Series 7 LCD SRP: 139,900
Whoa, that's over $3000USD and that's an older B model. The LN46C750 is selling on Amazon for $1329. I bought the 46in C670 a couple months ago for $1000 at Best Buy. Only real difference is 120Hz vs 240 refresh; no biggie. I love it, plan to ship it over next year. Can't go wrong with Samsung, imo.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

6 months ago I sent a 32 inch 720p flat screen samsung tv ( $400 canadian ) to the Philippines with a bb box company. It was actually still in the box I bought it in. It cost $100 to ship. Took 1.5 months to get there. But no issues and they did not open it.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted

Hey Lee,If there is a Best Buy thats conveniently close to you, just go in and browse around the flat screens every few days and watch the prices. You'll be surprised at the price you can catch one on sale for when its the last of the lot, or a new model of the same set is out, or even a floor sample if that does not freak you out.I used to be very brand conscious on electronics... but I now believe that the performance qualities between the brands are so minimal (meaning that I can't see or hear the difference) that I just buy whatever has the options I want and the best price.Go ahead and splurge a little... what else do you spend as much quality time with as your TV? (don't answer this question if it would prove too embarrassing no.gif)Tom in Texas

UZI
Posted
Posted

Now is the time to buy an LCD tv here. They are pushing the new LED tv and have seriously dropped the prices on LCD. I have seen LG & Samsung 42" in a few places for P30-40k and yesterday saw a Sony 22" for P12k.Uzi

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

While you are thinking about your TV you might end up with a better signal soonPhilippines cable companies want illegal connectors stoppedCable television companies in the Philippines are about to go digital to cut out people who have been plugging into their shows through illegal connections. Philippine cable TV companies claim they have been losing $140 million per year through cable pilfering and have asked for support from legislators. The Philippine Cable TV Association has revealed that signal theft is so rampant that every legitimate cable TV line has an illegally tapped line attached to it, adversely affecting the signal fed into a subscriber’s home. The PCTA has been pushing Congress to pass a bill by the end of the year, making it a criminal act to steal cable. The proposed bill will allow cable companies to recover losses from illegal viewers. http://www.bangkoknews.net/story/679024