Flat Screen Tv Prices

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: I have a question. Is selling a TV that you had shipped here from your home country, Totaly, or partly Illegal?Totally Illegal means that no matter what, you could not even sell it to your inlaws.Partly Illegal means you can sell it to almost anyone, but can not actually do it out in the open. ie. a store.Legal: Sell away dude.......anyone know the actual answer? Thanks.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
While you are thinking about your TV you might end up with a better signal soonPhilippines cable companies want illegal connectors stoppedCable television companies in the Philippines are about to go digital to cut out people who have been plugging into their shows through illegal connections. Philippine cable TV companies claim they have been losing $140 million per year through cable pilfering and have asked for support from legislators. The Philippine Cable TV Association has revealed that signal theft is so rampant that every legitimate cable TV line has an illegally tapped line attached to it, adversely affecting the signal fed into a subscriber’s home. The PCTA has been pushing Congress to pass a bill by the end of the year, making it a criminal act to steal cable. The proposed bill will allow cable companies to recover losses from illegal viewers. http://www.bangkokne...et/story/679024
Maybe that's why our TV reception has improved lately, it has been digitized even though we weren't informed by our cable company, I noticed the sharper images on all of our TVs, close to HD quality. Anyway, we don't really have any problems with outsiders tapping onto our cable system here in our area! :AddEmoticons04230:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
While you are thinking about your TV you might end up with a better signal soonPhilippines cable companies want illegal connectors stoppedCable television companies in the Philippines are about to go digital to  cut out people who have been plugging into their shows through illegal  connections. Philippine cable TV companies claim they have been losing $140  million per year through cable pilfering and have asked for support from  legislators. The Philippine Cable TV Association has revealed that signal theft  is so rampant that every legitimate cable TV line has an illegally  tapped line attached to it, adversely affecting the signal fed into a  subscriber’s home. The PCTA has been pushing Congress to pass a bill by the end of the year, making it a criminal act to steal cable. The proposed bill will allow cable companies to recover losses from illegal viewers.    http://www.bangkokne...et/story/679024
Maybe that's why our TV reception has improved lately, it has been digitized even though we weren't informed by our cable company, I noticed the sharper images on all of our TVs, close to HD quality. Anyway, we don't really have any problems with outsiders tapping onto our cable system here in our area!    :AddEmoticons04230:
If they went fully digital then I believe they would have had to supply you with a box for each TV. My guess is they are just starting to catch some of those that drain the system without paying for its use. Better infrastructure might also account for some increase in signal, so as they take certain areas off the standard system and put them onto the digital system, then less load on the standard system. One thing I have found is that flat screen TV's seem to be more susceptible to signal noise on a line or weak signals, so regular picture tube TV's do not seem to show the problem as much in our US home as the one flat screen we have in the kitchen, and our regular TV we have in our condo bedroom in Cebu has a better picture than our Flat screen unit in the LR does at times when signals degrade.   Someday I will buy a big flat screen for the living room in our US home but not just yet. 

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

No, we don't have any boxes for all of our TVs. The one cable coming in, I have it connected to a 220V amplified UHF/VHF signal booster to all of our 3 TVs in the house and the reception is great due to my amplified signal booster. The length of all my TV's coaxial cable is about 10 to 25 meters in length. Without the amplified signal boost, reception is poor due to the length of the coaxial cables! Yeah, we're pretty happy with our cable service. I also do a lot of movie downloading from a few favorite movie torrent websites, works's great! I've already downloaded and watched Salt, The A-Team, Eclipse, IP Man (Chinese - Bruce Lee's Kung Fu Master) Part 1 & 2 English subtitles, Two and a Half Men - TV comedy series 22 episodes - season 7 and many other new released movies for 2009 and 2010. My wife likes the original The A-Team TV series, so I downloaded 15 gigs worth of their old TV series seasons 1 & 2.

Edited by Fil/AmArt