Throw Away Ticket

Inspector
Posted
Posted

These still needed? I have a 7 month return date...will extend for up to the year for free...but the return flight is past the 59 days. I usually bought a cheap one way ticket out...forget the place I bought it, but it was indeed cheap, and while they never asked last time, I would like to sure. Anybody?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
These still needed? I have a 7 month return date...will extend for up to the year for free...but the return flight is past the 59 days. I usually bought a cheap one way ticket out...forget the place I bought it, but it was indeed cheap, and while they never asked last time, I would like to sure. Anybody?
As long as you have a return ticket the rest makes no difference,its the airline who are the ones that will want to know and as long as it says you are returning or leaving the Philippines to another destination you will be fine.I was asked once only when leaving Australia by the airline about my return date, I told them the law and they said ,well you know more about this than us so enjoy your flight sir.

No name
Posted
Posted

I once bought a RT ticket with PAL then bought my 'throw away" from Cebu Pacific. Since PAL didn't have it in their system, they asked to see it. If you guy it all from the same place, they will know you have it so no one ask.You will have to have it. They want to sell you a ticket so they will enforce as Bossman said.If the Airline gets caught not requiring it they will make the airline pay for it! So I've been told.

• 2 weeks later...
Davee58
Posted
Posted

I never realised that this was an issue.- I have been visiting PI for the past six years. - My longest continuous stay in the country has been just under 60 days.- My return ticket has been for the full duration of my visit.- I have obtained 21 days on arrival stamp, and then extended further at a local immigration office.Where is the requirement for a "throw away ticket", I believe that the requirement is to have a return ticket with no mention made of the return date.If I am incorrect what are the official Philippine immigration rules for this, can anybody post a link to an official site detailing these?Hope that I am correct :th_signs083:.Dave..btw. I am a British citizen with a UK passport.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I never realised that this was an issue.- I have been visiting PI for the past six years. - My longest continuous stay in the country has been just under 60 days.- My return ticket has been for the full duration of my visit.- I have obtained 21 days on arrival stamp, and then extended further at a local immigration office.Where is the requirement for a "throw away ticket", I believe that the requirement is to have a return ticket with no mention made of the return date.If I am incorrect what are the official Philippine immigration rules for this, can anybody post a link to an official site detailing these?Hope that I am correct :th_signs083:.Dave..btw. I am a British citizen with a UK passport.
You are correct,as long as you have a return ticket you are fine,a throw away ticket is only needed for those who are not returning home and intend on staying in the Philippines.It is the airlines responsibility to make sure you have a return ticket as it is them who will have to foot the bill if you were refused entry.Have a look here http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=80

Davee58
Posted
Posted
You are correct,as long as you have a return ticket you are fine,a throw away ticket is only needed for those who are not returning home and intend on staying in the Philippines.It is the airlines responsibility to make sure you have a return ticket as it is them who will have to foot the bill if you were refused entry.Have a look here http://immigration.g...id=16&Itemid=80
Excellent, Thanks for the link, good for future reference.The last time I travelled from the UK to Philippines the checkin staff were trainees. They took out a pile of manuals to check on my PI entry requirements and were having a heated discussion about it.As soon as I realised what was happening I showed them my ticket for the onward flight to Malaysia ten days later.Made me realise that I need to keep up to date with the rules so that I can tell them facts, not my opinion.

brock
Posted
Posted

You do not need a return ticket...You need an onward ticket....The cheapest way is to get a ferry ticket to Malaysia, Then throw it away.Regards Brock.

No name
Posted
Posted

I'll try to clarify.For those that LIVE here and doing so on a tourist visa need the "throw away ticket" We go on a "visa run" as it is called by most.It is an onward ticket as others said. If you're visiting then you need a ticket that shows you are visiting and not staying.So if we are living here and our 18/24/36 months is up, we need to leave the country. When we come back Immigration requires that we have an onward ticket. Every time we come in, we need an onward ticket. So instead of actually leaving again, most of us just by a ticket that meets the requirement but we never use it.I was unable to actually get a ticket to Malaysia when I made my last "visa run." The ferry company told me I had to go to Zamboanga to get it. Surely there is another way. Anyone know it? On my last visa run, I purchased an onward ticket to Thailand and then didn't make the trip. So it became a throw away. I paid about $250 for it.When I first came to the Philippines. I bought a fully refundable ticket to Hong Kong through my US travel agent. I then got my refund. I haven't seen any refundable tickets in the Philippines.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

An important thing to remember though if you book the "throw away ticket" in advance dates you can actually get at least 30% of it refunded. It's what I normally do with Cebu Pacific tickets as you can sort most issues out over the internet.

• 2 weeks later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Cebu Air Pacific tickets are kind of expensive for the purpose of throw way tickets! Next time, try Asia Air or Flying Tigers from Clark Field in Angeles City, they have some of the cheapest promo tickets around during the off season, $35 to $75.