No Kids Below 10 On Motorbikes:

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
But Taiwan is not so poor, is it? I don't know much about it since one must have a visa to travel there, I never thought much about it.But they have money so it might work there.Most expats target other expats, they have money. Well some of them. I will, give me time. LOL
Taiwan's a pretty awesome country. They're also quite wealthy over there. I think they have the highest number of motorbikes to people in the world, mainly because they can afford 3 or so per family. If someone's visited Taiwan and had a sh&tty time or a bad impression, I could see why. But if you really know the place, it's one of the coolest countries on earth.The scooters they drive there typically have the floor space for your feet, where I've seen people place small chairs for their toddlers and small kids. Doubt they come with seat belts. Edited by ekimswish

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I think you're jesting so I will continue it....Since an infant cant hold their head up, i doubt its a good thing to weight it down some more.  second..  I don't think targeting Filipino in any market is promising.  Unless you offering beer, rhum, or phone credits, there's just not that much demand.  Well food but with a Sari Sari store every few feet the competition is a bit tight.third, they are not requiring infants to wear a helmet they are requiring them to not get on a bike in the first place. I promise I wont steal your writing on this.  HAHA  You need a patent, the copywrite only protects your words, not your design.   As for the concept, I can make a different help but since there's no one to buy it, your "secret" is safe with me.I do jest but a lot of time, i see people talking about running a business selling to Filipino.   Sure if you can afford a store in SM mall, otherwise, its just not a very promising endeavour too me.
This is why I say the dumb things I do... so wiser men can correct my errant ways. Absolutely true... a helmet would do no good for an infant. Cebu's law has nothing to do with helmets. But I believe (patent! lol) a helmet for kids / pre-teens could do good in Taiwan / rest of Asia where there is no age-restricting law. Who's ready to get rich? Not me... just drinking Korean rice wine... My bad...
Part of the problem would be the cost of buying say 3 kid size helmets for the family only to find kids grow fast and the helmets would not fit correctly for long,then it will be a case of selling or giving away these used helmets that end up way over there safe shelf life and probably no safer than none.Next idea to float???lol
I believe that could be solved with different inserts to fit different heads but of course within reason, or how about a rental business renting helmets or a used helmet store buying and selling them.  

• 8 months later...
piglett
Posted
Posted
I think you're jesting so I will continue it....Since an infant cant hold their head up, i doubt its a good thing to weight it down some more. second.. I don't think targeting Filipino in any market is promising. Unless you offering beer, rhum, or phone credits, there's just not that much demand. Well food but with a Sari Sari store every few feet the competition is a bit tight.third, they are not requiring infants to wear a helmet they are requiring them to not get on a bike in the first place. I promise I wont steal your writing on this. HAHA You need a patent, the copywrite only protects your words, not your design. As for the concept, I can make a different help but since there's no one to buy it, your "secret" is safe with me.I do jest but a lot of time, i see people talking about running a business selling to Filipino. Sure if you can afford a store in SM mall, otherwise, its just not a very promising endeavour too me.
This is why I say the dumb things I do... so wiser men can correct my errant ways. Absolutely true... a helmet would do no good for an infant. Cebu's law has nothing to do with helmets. But I believe (patent! lol) a helmet for kids / pre-teens could do good in Taiwan / rest of Asia where there is no age-restricting law. Who's ready to get rich? Not me... just drinking Korean rice wine... My bad...
Part of the problem would be the cost of buying say 3 kid size helmets for the family only to find kids grow fast and the helmets would not fit correctly for long,then it will be a case of selling or giving away these used helmets that end up way over there safe shelf life and probably no safer than none.Next idea to float???lol
I believe that could be solved with different inserts to fit different heads but of course within reason, or how about a rental business renting helmets or a used helmet store buying and selling them.
i think i'll start converting bikes to trikes i bet i make a killing & the cops will then have to ticket the masses for some other thingpiglett