So Why Are Us Troops Here?

Travis
Posted
Posted

reading this article I cannot come to a conclusion http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39462815/ns/world_news-asiapacific/ how could a hand full of troops keep China out if they really wanted to take over? that might even solve the language problem coz then everyone would be speaking 1 language Chinese so I wonder if that would be worse or better for this country & us?

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
reading this article I cannot come to a conclusion http://www.msnbc.msn...ws-asiapacific/ how could a hand full of troops keep China out if they really wanted to take over? that might even solve the language problem coz then everyone would be speaking 1 language Chinese so I wonder if that would be worse or better for this country & us?
i just have one thing to say about if it would be better or worse for us or the Philippines, Scholars believe that Mao in some way was involved in the death of at least 40 million people and possibly as many as 80 million read this http://factsanddetai...id=2&subcatid=6THERE IS NO WAY IT COULD BE BETTER FOR ANYONE !!!OldUgly&Cranky

Travis
Posted
Posted

Jake
Posted
Posted
reading this article I cannot come to a conclusion http://www.msnbc.msn...ws-asiapacific/ how could a hand full of troops keep China out if they really wanted to take over? that might even solve the language problem coz then everyone would be speaking 1 language Chinese so I wonder if that would be worse or better for this country & us?
i just have one thing to say about if it would be better or worse for us or the Philippines, Scholars believe that Mao in some way was involved in the death of at least 40 million people and possibly as many as 80 million read this http://factsanddetai...id=2&subcatid=6THERE IS NO WAY IT COULD BE BETTER FOR ANYONE !!!OldUgly&Cranky
that was then & this is now. what I was thinking is that if you read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China the people of China seem to be doing much better than the people here & they did not hurt Hong Kong after the changeThe People's Republic of China is the world's second largest economy[6] after the United States by both nominal GDP ($4.99 trillion in 2009) and by purchasing power parity ($8.77 trillion in 2009). China is the world's fastest-growing major economy, with average growth rates of 10% for the past 30 years. The country's per capita income was at $6,567 (IMF, 98th) in 2009. China is also the second largest trading nation in the world and the largest exporter and second largest importer of goods.
Hey guys,Both of your comments are valid in my book. Even though Mao did exterminate millions of people, the present Chinese government and its people have prosper in a new age of semi capitalism. They wouldn't dare touch Hong Kong's richness and free global trade with the modern world. But I could see down the road that their future growth (population, progress) will require more and more resources to support itself. Throughout the history of mankind, it was always about real estate and natural resources that man fought each other. Call it colonialism, imperialism or convert-die by the sword -- it's all the same chit. Sooner than later, Mother Earth will no longer support our species, supposedly with the higher intelligence. The several hundred of US special forces in southern Mindanao has its merits, depending on who you talk to. The land and sea areas are perfect to strategically place US warships, build extended runways for heavy bombers and forward bases for troops to "watch" the neighborhood. Some still say that China is the Sleeping Dragon. However, I consider North Korea the wide awake psychopath rabid dog on a broken leash. When it jumps over the fence (crossing the DMZ) the economies of the world will shut down, not to mention millions of troops on both sides will instantly vaporize. I just hope I have some time to bend over and kiss my ass good-bye.Respectfully -- Jake

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted
that was then & this is now. what I was thinking is that if you read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China the people of China seem to be doing much better than the people here & they did not hurt Hong Kong after the changeThe People's Republic of China is the world's second largest economy[6] after the United States by both nominal GDP ($4.99 trillion in 2009) and by purchasing power parity ($8.77 trillion in 2009). China is the world's fastest-growing major economy, with average growth rates of 10% for the past 30 years. The country's per capita income was at $6,567 (IMF, 98th) in 2009. China is also the second largest trading nation in the world and the largest exporter and second largest importer of goods.
Hey guys,Both of your comments are valid in my book. Even though Mao did exterminate millions of people, the present Chinese government and its people have prosper in a new age of semi capitalism. They wouldn't dare touch Hong Kong's richness and free global trade with the modern world. But I could see down the road that their future growth (population, progress) will require more and more resources to support itself. Throughout the history of mankind, it was always about real estate and natural resources that man fought each other. Call it colonialism, imperialism or convert-die by the sword -- it's all the same chit. Sooner than later, Mother Earth will no longer support our species, supposedly with the higher intelligence. The several hundred of US special forces in southern Mindanao has its merits, depending on who you talk to. The land and sea areas are perfect to strategically place US warships, build extended runways for heavy bombers and forward bases for troops to "watch" the neighborhood. Some still say that China is the Sleeping Dragon. However, I consider North Korea the wide awake psychopath rabid dog on a broken leash. When it jumps over the fence (crossing the DMZ) the economies of the world will shut down, not to mention millions of troops on both sides will instantly vaporize. I just hope I have some time to bend over and kiss my ass good-bye.Respectfully -- Jake
yes i agree there standered of living has improved but at what cost to the workers themselfs have a look at this, I really feel sorry for these people for the greed of the big mega corperations and the west's OBESSION with cheap products has turned this out as a result UNPRESSEDENTED suffering , you said about mao " that was then this is now " WELL THIS VIDEO IS THE NOW and if it was happening to me i think i would rather Mao wipe me out now then suffer like these people , i understand what you ment traveler honestly i do but in no way can i accept this kind of living for the philippines or any other country anyway peace to you all my friends and god bless
OldUgly&Cranky

No name
Posted
Posted

US troops are here because there is a civil war going on in Mindanao (mostly). We have drones there and training. Al-Qeada is here.Plus we just like to control every thing. :)I don't think it has anything to do with China.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Everything has something to do with China. It's not exactly China: it's world dominance. For example, China doesn't want Taiwan for legacy. They want Taiwan so the US can't use them as a launching pad in World War 3. China doesn't support North Korea for ideological purposes: they support them as a buffer zone to sustain all the damage before war ever reaches their territory. I don't think China has any interest in taking over Philippines (now), but they have an interest in keeping the US out. I have no idea what that means, but I know the US wouldn't mind using the Philippines to launch attacks on China if it ever came to it. North Korea is crazy and dumb, but they basically do China's dirty work. Meanwhile, the leadership in North Korea does not want to lose hold of their country under any circumstances, so full blown war is unlikely, unless China and the US want to initiate it. Leaders in the north (Korea) enjoy a life of lavish luxury unknown to almost anyone on earth. They can definitely be bought. Ultimately it comes down to China and the US. At the moment, I think neither country wants to sacrifice their economies for the sake of a tough-man contest. Down the road.... who knows. I will say this, though (and all the preceding), the US forces have a lot more practice lately in war, and it's not the number of soldiers but the size of the guns. I'll take the US, S. Korea, Taiwan, Japan, India, and Philippines in a war against China, Pakistan, Iran, and MAYBE Russia, any day of the week. (sorry for being over-opinionated and annoying... I'm drinking again)

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I'm skeptical Russia would get involved in that war. They hate China, and most of their billionaires enjoy part of their live in America.

Jake
Posted
Posted
Everything has something to do with China. It's not exactly China: it's world dominance. For example, China doesn't want Taiwan for legacy. They want Taiwan so the US can't use them as a launching pad in World War 3. China doesn't support North Korea for ideological purposes: they support them as a buffer zone to sustain all the damage before war ever reaches their territory. I don't think China has any interest in taking over Philippines (now), but they have an interest in keeping the US out. I have no idea what that means, but I know the US wouldn't mind using the Philippines to launch attacks on China if it ever came to it. North Korea is crazy and dumb, but they basically do China's dirty work. Meanwhile, the leadership in North Korea does not want to lose hold of their country under any circumstances, so full blown war is unlikely, unless China and the US want to initiate it. Leaders in the north (Korea) enjoy a life of lavish luxury unknown to almost anyone on earth. They can definitely be bought. Ultimately it comes down to China and the US. At the moment, I think neither country wants to sacrifice their economies for the sake of a tough-man contest. Down the road.... who knows. I will say this, though (and all the preceding), the US forces have a lot more practice lately in war, and it's not the number of soldiers but the size of the guns. I'll take the US, S. Korea, Taiwan, Japan, India, and Philippines in a war against China, Pakistan, Iran, and MAYBE Russia, any day of the week. (sorry for being over-opinionated and annoying... I'm drinking again)
I'll be right over with a case of Soju and Rusty can join us with his home made "shine" from Tennessee. Thank you guys for more thought provoking comments. We could all synchronize our bending over and kissing our ass good bye. Old&Ugly&Cranky, you could take pictures of us for prosperity and show our "profile" to the visiting aliens the real genuine faces of the human species. I'm the one with the genuine "brown eye" -- Jake

No name
Posted
Posted
I'll be right over with a case of Soju and Rusty can join us with his home made "shine" from Tennessee. Thank you guys for more thought provoking comments. We could all synchronize our bending over and kissing our ass good bye. Old&Ugly&Cranky, you could take pictures of us for prosperity and show our "profile" to the visiting aliens the real genuine faces of the human species. I'm the one with the genuine "brown eye" -- Jake
I would agree with you Jake, but then, we'd both be wrong.We don't have troops here because of China, maybe in the past. We use drones and subs now, we don't need boots on the ground for China, it would be completely ineffective.Its also unconstitutional in the Philippines to have foreign fighters aiding in battles, that is by actually fighting. Of course, that would change quickly if there was an invasion. Come on, how likely is that?China is far more concerned about those subs of ours they can't find. American's don't like to shoot within range or their enemy. I call that damn smart.Okay, waiting for my drink..