So Why Are Us Troops Here?

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Yeah, when I read it later I wanted to take Philippines out of that line-up. My US-ally scenario was more to do with East Asia, being Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. Even if the Philippines were relevant to that fight, I don't think they'd have much of an effect on the action.

Jake
Posted
Posted
I'll be right over with a case of Soju and Rusty can join us with his home made "shine" from Tennessee. Thank you guys for more thought provoking comments. We could all synchronize our bending over and kissing our ass good bye. Old&Ugly&Cranky, you could take pictures of us for prosperity and show our "profile" to the visiting aliens the real genuine faces of the human species. I'm the one with the genuine "brown eye" -- Jake
I would agree with you Jake, but then, we'd both be wrong.We don't have troops here because of China, maybe in the past. We use drones and subs now, we don't need boots on the ground for China, it would be completely ineffective.Its also unconstitutional in the Philippines to have foreign fighters aiding in battles, that is by actually fighting. Of course, that would change quickly if there was an invasion. Come on, how likely is that?China is far more concerned about those subs of ours they can't find. American's don't like to shoot within range or their enemy. I call that damn smart.Okay, waiting for my drink..
Yeah, I think you're right about China staying as a Sleeping Dragon for awhile. They have too much progress at stake to start some chit now.Stealthy weapons platform like our Virginia class subs, unmanned but armed Predators and space weapons against intercontinental missiles could probably keep China at bay. And from a great distance, like you said. But I'm ready to assume the position if the chit hits the fan. Between your moonshine and my pitchers of MoJo, we could definitely go out witha bang. See ya on the flip side -- Jake

Jake
Posted
Posted
Yeah, when I read it later I wanted to take Philippines out of that line-up. My US-ally scenario was more to do with East Asia, being Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. Even if the Philippines were relevant to that fight, I don't think they'd have much of an effect on the action.
I believe the only contribution that the Philippines could offer when the chit hits the fan, is location-location. Both the Japanese and US realized thatbefore and during WWII. Many places to hide a battle group of ships and long range bombers and unfortunately, the sovereignty of the Philippineswill be destroyed in trying to locate them. It's like being in the cross fire between two big guns. If the Philippines decide to send a small contingency of troops, the only ones that would kick some ass, is the Philippine Marines. Lock and load -- Jake