Daily Routine

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I walk my dog, pound some iron, smack the heavy bag and then play online poker...or watch sports/hockey that begins at 7 AM. Monday is now tough, as I awake at 1 AM to watch football....and then do some writing about the games on a sport forum.In the evening I sing rock band and get pissed at Freddy Mercury and Queen, that guy has a voice with something I don't have...range...and he sounds good. :th_thsmilies-29057:Please add some Johnny Cash songs oh Rock Band Gods! I might have a drink or two on occasion when we go out...but I prefer to keep my senses, especially with a very jealous pinay. Thus why the pools and beaches are great...sunglasses. :7522:Stuff I enjoy on occasion...floating on a raft in a pool, swimming, diving, live poker, traveling and one thing I miss badly...riding my bike. I can't get comfy on these little bikes with a bad back, and I've ridden everything from a Road King, BMW RT, BMW LT and 1500 cc Gold Wing...you can't go from a touring bike to a scooter, and I refuse to pay the silly import fees to get a real bike here. Besides...this country was not made for riding a touring bike. auto_wos2.gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
- Go for a run/walk with the Cebu Hash House Harriers every Saturday
I'd love to run with them sometime if I'm ever in Cebu. My family lived in West Timor, Indonesia, back in 1990/91, and we went running with the Hash House Harriers every week. I was only 9 back then, and I'm pretty sure the drunken Hash Master gave me my first beer, rather than a Coke, in our initiation chug. It was pretty dark, so I chugged away, but my older brother and sister didn't touch it. Good times, and camaraderie.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
I walk my dog, pound some iron, smack the heavy bag and then play online poker...or watch sports/hockey that begins at 7 AM. Monday is now tough, as I awake at 1 AM to watch football....and then do some writing about the games on a sport forum.In the evening I sing rock band and get pissed at Freddy Mercury and Queen, that guy has a voice with something I don't have...range...and he sounds good. :th_thsmilies-29057:Please add some Johnny Cash songs oh Rock Band Gods! I might have a drink or two on occasion when we go out...but I prefer to keep my senses, especially with a very jealous pinay. Thus why the pools and beaches are great...sunglasses. :7522:Stuff I enjoy on occasion...floating on a raft in a pool, swimming, diving, live poker, traveling and one thing I miss badly...riding my bike. I can't get comfy on these little bikes with a bad back, and I've ridden everything from a Road King, BMW RT, BMW LT and 1500 cc Gold Wing...you can't go from a touring bike to a scooter, and I refuse to pay the silly import fees to get a real bike here. Besides...this country was not made for riding a touring bike. auto_wos2.gif
Is Rock Band a brand of karaoke machine? We wanna get a Magic-Sing karaoke machine when we're settled in. For now I just search Youtube for videos with Lyrics and drunkenly sing my daughter to sleep. Singing is not something Westerners are used to, IME, and always commit the biggest rookie mistake the first time to the karaoke bars: sing their favorite song, which is probably the most impossible to sing. If you're white, don't even try Usher! Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, and occasionally Guns N' Roses or Metallica, etc, are groups your average white guy could hang with. Country music or rock up until the mid-90's. I'm guessing you work out and hit the bag at a local gym, or do you own your own stuff?

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
- Go for a run/walk with the Cebu Hash House Harriers every Saturday
I'd love to run with them sometime if I'm ever in Cebu. My family lived in West Timor, Indonesia, back in 1990/91, and we went running with the Hash House Harriers every week. I was only 9 back then, and I'm pretty sure the drunken Hash Master gave me my first beer, rather than a Coke, in our initiation chug. It was pretty dark, so I chugged away, but my older brother and sister didn't touch it. Good times, and camaraderie.
Here is the hash websitehttp://www.cebuhash.org/Regards: Jim

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Is Rock Band a brand of karaoke machine? We wanna get a Magic-Sing karaoke machine when we're settled in. For now I just search Youtube for videos with Lyrics and drunkenly sing my daughter to sleep. Singing is not something Westerners are used to, IME, and always commit the biggest rookie mistake the first time to the karaoke bars: sing their favorite song, which is probably the most impossible to sing. If you're white, don't even try Usher! Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, and occasionally Guns N' Roses or Metallica, etc, are groups your average white guy could hang with. Country music or rock up until the mid-90's. I'm guessing you work out and hit the bag at a local gym, or do you own your own stuff?
Sorry for the late reply ekim...was in Davao City again signing a lease.In the states, rock band, as well as it's competition guitar hero, are becoming the way to not only play music, but purchase music it as well. It's a game that your x-box, play staion or nintendo uses. You create a band, hook up any number of color coded instruments and mic...can sing with more then one as well, choose a song, and away you go. The greatest aspect of the game is the song selection with the actual music from the song, all controlled by your playing. No more listening to love song ballads...just actual music and something all can play, from 1 to 6-7. Two guitars, bass...keyboard now....singing, drums...you can have a blast. One thing I hate about videoke is when another sings a song...even if well, but it's that same love song you hear 200 times. You can hook up your gaming counsel to your receiver, and HDMI until your home theater sounds like a arena. Out here, PS3 is the game...I'd say in the states the X-Box is the more popular gaming counsel. My big issue is the inability to network the game, thus allowing you to purchase new songs as they come out over a fast connection, and the online play. What I do is bring the game back to the states when I visit, and do all my downloading then. As far as exercising, yeah...I have my own gym. I used to exercise at various gyms in the Philippines, but at my advancing age and many old injuries from football, I need more of a leverage type system to secure my back and put less stress on my bones/joints (like a Smith Machine). I have it on my garage and put a canvas up in the front to keep the sun away...will be training before the 10.30 AM Lesner UFC fight...it's on delay, so please no spoilers. If you ever go down to Davao City, where I am moving to from Cebu (I think)...stop by and we can get a sweat on....and then down a few beers. :thumbsup:

Inspector
Posted
Posted

This is the Beatles Rock Band...you sing by turning off the vocals of the Beatles, and then you keep your voice in pitch or you get booed off the stage and fail. They have a ton of songs...this is only the Beatles. Check out youtube and you can see guys JUST drumming, or just playing guitar. I enjoy singing so I turn the vocals down and wail away.
:lol::565:I downloaded this song as well...harder to sing then you think. :thumbsup: