Separating From My Wife

United Army
Posted
Posted

Well, I want to thank everybody for their comments and suggestions...After 4 days of being apart, and many texts, I asked my wife to meet me at home today to talk about our situation. And I feel that I have been to forceful with regards to our daughter and will back down somewhat with regards to the discipline of her. And both me and my wife will try to find a counselor to talk about why we have problems and it may be just me, I must admit to some point. I'm glad, very glad that we are back together and I'm hoping that this will never happen again.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

If you can work it out and get mutual understanding that will be fabulous. Hope it all goes well

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well, I want to thank everybody for their comments and suggestions...After 4 days of  being apart, and many texts, I asked my wife to meet me at home today to talk about our situation.  And I feel that I have been to forceful with regards to our daughter and will back down somewhat with  regards to the  discipline of her.  And both me and my wife will try to find a counselor to talk about why we have problems and it may be just me, I must admit to some point.   I'm glad, very glad that we are back together and I'm hoping that this will never happen again.
Good to hear that my friend. Life is too short to get too upset with the small stuff and there is plenty of small stuff that life tosses at us, and I have found even more of it tossed at me while living in the Philippines. In the end I do my best to try to separate the important from the bs and life goes on.  Without trying to get into the religious part of this saying, the below saying is something that I try hard to follow and I find it has made my life a lot easier over time.  IMO all of it is important to live in peace but I find the first and last parts are the most important of it all for me, in order to deal with living in the Philippines. “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mark,Good to hear that you and your wife were able to get back together again! I'm sure it was more to the benefit of herself and daughter, because without you she would be SOL in the future if ever you cut them off financially! Yeah, blood is thicker than water! Her daughter is not of your blood, so don't get in the way of her up bringing by your wife unless you have her permission and trust! Takes time and trust to build a relationship! I live by my mottos at the bottom of this post and pretty much applys to all us in general! Good luck in the future!Art

Edited by Fil/AmArt

• 5 months later...
cougar
Posted
Posted
This time, sick of of the crap that have put up with regarding my wife's family for too many years. Lies, deceit, lack of respect, taking things for granted.Don't worry, easier said than done, but at end of the day, life is too short for unhappiness.I found that out too late and it's detrimental to your life. I have never ever felt so stressed, depressed and lost. My identity stolen.Please don't 'hang in there'...get the eff outta it. Do it ASAP. Don't be Mr. Nice Guy...trying to do the right thing, considering others before yourself, as I did, because you will end up an emotional, alcoholic, fretting freak.Time to harden the heart...fight for your rights and move on.
Your statement hits at home with me in the States. I'm going through what you describe right now with a western woman. I have to wait for some of the dust to settle and for the property to be split up before I can hop out to the Phils. Thanks for posting this, it really helps me gather some strength.Semper Fi,Cougar

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Your welcome. My ex is a lovely, hard working woman but I wasn't prepared to be number 3 or 4 on the list any longer. I've give up 2 lovely homes in Australia and Camotes Island and if I'd put up with the crap could have lived remainder of my life comfortably. However, the only thing i'd have to look forward to then was death.Maybe my new partner, who accompanied me to the get together, can restore some outlook to my life now.

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)
I did not adopt her, I was going to but the cost was around P100,000 way to much for just a name change, I told my wife maybe latter. I wanted to bring her and maybe her daughter over to the US to see my family before we think of adopting.
It would be best if you research divorce in Singapore or Hong Kong.Here an annulment ends up being a long expensive process, not to mention it normally ends up slanted in the local's favor. Edited by Kuya Lee
repair post placement

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)
Well, I want to thank everybody for their comments and suggestions...After 4 days of being apart, and many texts, I asked my wife to meet me at home today to talk about our situation. And I feel that I have been to forceful with regards to our daughter and will back down somewhat with regards to the discipline of her. And both me and my wife will try to find a counselor to talk about why we have problems and it may be just me, I must admit to some point. I'm glad, very glad that we are back together and I'm hoping that this will never happen again.
Sorry about my last post, I did not read on to see that you had a reunion, but keep my advice handy in case you ever need it. Edited by Kuya Lee
repair post placement