Marriage And Divorce

TomM
Posted
Posted

I have came to this forum from a well known person on this forum. The last one I was on my security program prompted me unsafe site. Anyway I got married in the PI in feb. alot of details I would not be proud to explain although I will say she cheated on me for a year before I come to the PI. I am moving on and I am a US citizen and according to article 26 if a foreigner obtains a divorce from the US it will be recognized in the RP. I have a very special friend here now and everything I thought I was marrying. When I get this divorce from the US I notify the NSO with papers and send a copy to the town register that i was married in and get it registered with the NSO. It will also have a letter of authenticity from the governer. I am not bitter just better. I still have the dream I came here with just not with the same person. I am being vague but I still have two months before the divorce is final. Any info is welcome and I am not a sex-pat I believe in marriage and it wasn't me that told me I don't love you on the marriage night. I know TMI to much information. Tom

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I have came to this forum from a well known person on this forum. The last one I was on my security program prompted me unsafe site. Anyway I got married in the PI in feb. alot of details I  would not be proud to explain  although  I will say she cheated on me for a year before I come to the PI. I am moving on and I am a US citizen and according to article 26 if a foreigner obtains a divorce from the US it will be recognized in the RP. I have a very special friend  here now and everything I thought I was marrying. When I get this divorce from the US I notify the NSO with papers and send a copy to the town register that i was married in and get it registered with the NSO. It will also have a letter of authenticity from the governer. I am not bitter just better. I still have the dream I came here with just not with the same person. I am being vague but I still have two  months before the divorce is final. Any info is welcome and I am not a sex-pat I believe in marriage and it wasn't me that told me I don't love you on the marriage night. I know TMI to much information. Tom
Hi Tom, good to see you back on. Any info you can post about the process would be appreciated because I am sure there will be others who might have to do the same thing. I also understand if you do not wish to post any info on it until it is finalized, or possibly not at all, that is up to you and we appreciate any info you can provide our members that would not compromise your situation. 

TomM
Posted
Posted

Thank you Mr. Lee. From my experience the most simple thing to do if found in a bad relationship for the US citizen finds out he is being played is to go to Guam. It is considered the United States territory and a US divorce there is the same as in any other state. I chose Guam because it is close to the Philippines and like living here in the PI. There are several options. If you can get both parties to sign a divorce can be completed in two weeks. However my case she is unavailable or will not sign. The cost is 1800$ for a publication divorce. It consists of going to Guam and getting a po box,library card, and a drivers liscense. The 90 day residency is not physically required it is all just process. Before it gets filed you have to wait 90days since residency started. IMO it is the safest an easiest way to get rid of a money grubbing useless women that married for God knows why? I do not encourage divorce if it can be worked out however I feel I was a victim set up from the start I am just trying to move on with my life and do the right thing. I love where I live just moved to a nice apartment 3bd two bath 150ft from the beach. Well getting off topic. The basic fact is there is a way for a US citizen to get out of a philippine marriage without an annulment that is not guarenteed this is. If you would like the contact info fell free to email me. He is a retired Commander of the Navy and was a JAG while in the Navy (a military lawyer). Been practicining since 1982 in Guam small practice personal attention. YOur situation may be different however it probably would cost less than what i have spent all together it is costing me about 2500$ maybe a little more for the flight hotel stay and car rental. Plus his fees. An annulment could cost over 5k$ and sometimes or majority with out cause don't go thru. I can't prove infidelity or anything she has done so I am doing this. She has 30 days to show up with an attorney to represent her in Guam to disagree or fight it. Not possible for her to get a visa in that time and she can't afford a lawyer. Might seem cruel but after all I did for her this is the least i can do for her and she can even remarry afterwards also.. Don't want to make her life miserable just don't want mine to be. Tom

No name
Posted
Posted
it wasn't me that told me I don't love you on the marriage night. I know TMI to much information. Tom
Cold hearted biatch. Man, Filipina can be frank but that's just so cold.I've seen sites advertising divorce in Guam. $2500 plus attorney fee? What was his fee?

TomM
Posted
Posted

His fee was 1800$ so i guess with a 296$ round trip ticket and about 5 days in a hotel a little over 2500$ but better for an absolute than a crap shoot on annulment. She would probably get support also that would burn me real bad for a scam. I brought her to the US before said she wasn' t ready to be married could have told me that about a million pesos ago. Oh well live and learn. For anyone in a computer relationship I would suggest coming here getting a place and live with the girl for minimum of six months. Just a suggestion and they suggest you wear a parachuet when you jump out of a airplane. Tomt

Inspector
Posted
Posted

You won't see me on Guam anymore...no matter HOW badly I need a divorce.

No name
Posted
Posted
His fee was 1800$ so i guess with a 296$ round trip ticket and about 5 days in a hotel a little over 2500$ but better for an absolute than a crap shoot on annulment. She would probably get support also that would burn me real bad for a scam. I brought her to the US before said she wasn' t ready to be married could have told me that about a million pesos ago. Oh well live and learn. For anyone in a computer relationship I would suggest coming here getting a place and live with the girl for minimum of six months. Just a suggestion and they suggest you wear a parachuet when you jump out of a airplane. Tomt
I would agree with you Tom except, I would add that don't come here for a girl. Come for the girlS. Now if you have something lined up (I did) follow it through but for lord's sake don't marry her! Extensions are not that big of a deal. thats-funny.gifThe reason i say don't come for a girl is because many times they are not scamming, they are just living a fantasy and when it comes time to make it real, they go "I shy" and don't show up.Sorry things with south for you. I know the money hurts but I think it just hurts even if free.Yeah I think you could do it cheaper here than the $5k but even if you get the annulment, you probably would it will take forever. You did the right thing. Good info to have!

No name
Posted
Posted
You won't see me on Guam anymore...no matter HOW badly I need a divorce.
I've seen few things that confused me more than that. Who the #$#@(@ is that man? Did he leave his brain out the door?Tip over? th_thsmilies-29057.png That man crazy.....Who put him in office?

No name
Posted
Posted

Oh my, his name is Hank Johnson from Georgia. Oh man.... my worst fears confirmed, he's a democrat ....... Oh man this makes Bush looks smart!

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Who the #$#@(@ is that man? Did he leave his brain out the door?Who put him in office?
Oh my, his name is Hank Johnson from Georgia. Oh man.... my worst fears confirmed, he's a democrat ....... Oh man this makes Bush looks smart!
If I'm not mistaken... the following is a Forum Rule:"Topics not related to the Philippines can be discussed here except for religion and politics."1%20(103).gifbonk.gif If I am mistaken -- and if political insultsth_fluch.gif and pissing matches bash.gif are permitted on this Forum -- then I will be happy to post a few hundred comments by Bush which, by comparison, would make the apparent imbecile in the above video appear to be a Rhodes Scholar candidate. horse.gifTom in Texas