Apologies

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Hey , I just started thinking some of my responses to Traveler have been inappropriate. .I'll have to be careful with my wording so as not to seem sanctimonious but ..Traveller...It seems life in the P'pines has naffed you off somehow..I did suggest recently a meet..I know now I will be there in Cebu next week end. Would be good to meet and have a chat. I'm a good ear to chew for a while.Admin...if you think my posts have been 'harsh' please delete at your jurisdiction.I'm a touch ashamed for not taking into consideration people and their personal issues...mouthing off before thinking why things are said.Hope that makes sense.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Nicely done Roy. At the same time, nothing wrong with anything you said. You seem like a great guy.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hey , I just started thinking some of my responses to Traveler have been inappropriate. .I'll have to be careful with my wording so as not to seem sanctimonious but ..Traveller...It seems life in the P'pines has naffed you off somehow..I did suggest recently a meet..I know now I will be there in Cebu next week end. Would be good to meet and have a chat. I'm a good ear to chew for a while.Admin...if you think my posts have been 'harsh' please delete at your jurisdiction.I'm a touch ashamed for not taking into consideration people and their personal issues...mouthing off before thinking why things are said.Hope that makes sense.
Roy we (all of the forum support team) are trying hard to not delete anyones posts wherever possible, and so far I have received no complaints on any of your posts so none will be deleted by me and I believe none have been deleted by anyone else. Often many of us do not take into account that some people may be having a hard time of it living in the Philippines, and the Philippines is sure not for everyone, and it seems to not be as affordable as it once was unless people are willing to do without. I hope Traveler will answer you himself but if not then let me say that I received a pm from Traveler when I woke up this morning and it sounded like he is either gone or about to leave. What it said was (copy and pasted) Im outta here & I will be back on if & when I get a connection. So I am not sure if that meant he has left the Philippines or has just left Cebu or is about to because earlier emails or PM's were also not clear on his plans and one or the other had been what he mentioned to me.  Hopefully he will come back on or message me and do a better job of explaining. 

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Thanks.maybe left it too late to apologise and / or realise ....sh&t!God bless u Traveller!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Thanks.maybe left it too late to apologise and / or realise ....sh&t!God bless u Traveller!
Don't let it upset you Roy. It was nice you did this either way. He understood a lot of it was his personal problems he was having recently, and I have had long talks with him before and after he moved to Cebu and warned him that his expectations were set too high because I have been hit with the exchange rate blues myself a few times over the years, so I knew to live below my means and also have a reserve set aside. The sad part I see in all this is that a lot of people are suffering for many reasons and especially because of poor planning, because they refused to listen to everyone and then settle their minds somewhere in the middle.I do not think some forums do anyone a favor when they do not fully explain how a person lives on a set amount of money because we are all different and all have different needs. It is all good and what happens to some is a lesson for others. 

Travis
Posted
Posted
no hard feelings roy as Lee wrote I am outta here but it has been nice bantering with you all

brock
Posted
Posted
no hard feelings roy as Lee wrote I am outta here but it has been nice bantering with you all
Traveller,If it will help you out at all, You are welcome to stay at my house rent free until you get back on your feet.Regards Brock.

No name
Posted
Posted

Traveller,If it will help you out at all, You are welcome to stay at my house rent free until you get back on your feet.Regards Brock.
Note to self, Brock has a good heart. :cheers:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Note to self, Brock has a good heart.  :)
Absolutely, that is a very generous offer but I think he has made up his mind and he wanted what most of us retired folk want, a stable comfortable life in retirement. Brock remind me to buy you a few drinks when we meet, because kind people like yourself are far and few between. :cheers: 

No name
Posted
Posted
Traveller, your negativity has really been rubbing me the wrong way. You're attacking nearly everyone but I can deal with it. I have had some low points in my life and I know I became attack prone too.It sounds like you need a place to vent. Cutting yourself off right now may be not bee good for you. It might be the worse thing you can do. At least start a journal and say what you want to say. It can help a lot. Start your own free blog at blogger.com just so you can vent.You should take a hard look at what Brock offered you. If you're trying to save money to get the heck out of the Philippines if that's what you w ant to do. It is a good opportunity for you.I'm REALLY sorry things are hard for you. I've really, really had some hard times in my life. They take their toll and sometimes they change us forever. I hope you get back into a happy place. Contented place is all I really look for these days.When it comes to brownouts though, I find it hard to be content. :cheers: