Why Did You Come To The Philippines?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
coz people & other forums told me it was very cheap to live they lied coz it is only cheap if a person wants to live in a smaller room & eat local food or be out in the boonies & not live a western lifestyle. I am back in the good ol USA renting a room from a friend for now for $200 a month which included all but food so it is way less expensive here to live this way
What sort of a statement is that, (its way less expensive to live this way) you could have shared a house or apartment in Cebu if you looked around for one then it would have been cheaper too.As for the arrangement with your friend,he is a fool if he is only charging you $50 a week except food,my guess it will be a short lived arrangement.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

You can only live on "cup of noodle soup" for so long until the MSG gets to you and won't you miss your Filipina companions on those cold lonely nights? Don't tell us that there are 20 and 30 yrs there that will jump on your bones for your good looks? Then again, what do we know! Good luck to you Traveler, just kidding around! I know you're an old crusty old fart that can handle anything except for living in the Philippines and living off on cup of noodle soup, fish heads and rice!

No name
Posted
Posted

When Filipino ask me "Where is my Christmas?' I say "NaayPasko sa imong kasing-kasing" (Christmas is in your heart).When old white man ask me where can i find happiness I would say "Maayong sa imong kasing-kasing" (Good is in you heart). I don't know the Visaya word for Happiness but Maayong might work. Meaning good.Rent two room apartment in Memphis = $550 (four years ago) Alone and no hope of a date because I can't afford to take her out.Rent right now in Cebu for large four bedroom home = $280 Loved by a beautiful Filipina, a live in maid, 2 delightful children and chased by other Filipina. Oh yea, life here is so bad and soooooooo much more expensive than the USA. Wow and the crime rate in Bogo is horrible, we even had a bank robbery... three years ago? One murder this year too. GASP...... Now they will steal the clothes off the clothes line if we leave them out overnight. I just don't want to pretend there are no problems here. There certainly are problems here.

Travis
Posted
Posted
coz people & other forums told me it was very cheap to live they lied coz it is only cheap if a person wants to live in a smaller room & eat local food or be out in the boonies & not live a western lifestyle. I am back in the good ol USA renting a room from a friend for now for $200 a month which included all but food so it is way less expensive here to live this way
What sort of a statement is that, (its way less expensive to live this way) you could have shared a house or apartment in Cebu if you looked around for one then it would have been cheaper too.As for the arrangement with your friend,he is a fool if he is only charging you $50 a week except food,my guess it will be a short lived arrangement.
sorry if my post offended you but I could not find another kano who I felt comfortable enough to share a place with so that would not have worked out & I did try for the last few months & thought hard about taking Brock up on his non aircon place & maybe if I knew him in person then I might have taken a shot but most kanos I had met there were not my kind of people. I am not sure why you say that about my friend coz 2 can live as cheap as one except I do use more water & some electric for hot water & cooking so other than that the cable phone aircon dsl are already here so they do not cost any more for me to use them & I do my best to stay out of the way & will not use the dsl when they are using it & I will offer more if the electric & water bill goes up so it is much less expensive than living on my own so I hope I can save 3 to 5 hundred a month for a new start & also get a part time job at walmart so I can save even more. no plan is perfect but next time I would be much more prepared if there is a next time