Uk, Aussie Advise Their Citizens Not To Go To Rp

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)
I cannot agree with that. Democratic countries do not systematically exterminate opposition politicians and journalists as a matter of course, have systemically corrupt executives, legislatures and judiciaries. When I read lines, like the philipines is a democracy being stated seriously, I almost feel disbelief at the notion being held, having witnessed the machinations of the countrys politics and the control exercised by the few families in ultimate control of the nation
The Philippine government is a democracy because both the Executive (President) and Legislative (Senate and House of Representatives) branches are elected by popular vote. In practice, it may be more of an oligarchy. I think the noun "democracy" and the adjective "democratic" are being confused. Edited by MikeB

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We have not visited Cuba but have recently read and seen some very good things to do with the beauty of the country. It seems that soon all Americans will be allowed to openly visit and the failed Communist system there is near its end.

I've been to Cuba once, and not to the resort areas, but to the real deal small town area, outside of Holguin(?) on the east side. Cuba is the one place on earth I can categorically say is more beautiful than any other and where I would absolutely live, if everything were equal.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Kleptocracy comes to mind. Sadly Genius makes some very good points. If you don’t mind my asking Genius, have you visited Costa Rica? If so I’m curious what you think of the place?

The Philippine government is a democracy because both the Executive (President) and Legislative (Senate and House of Representatives) branches are elected by popular vote. In practice, it may be more of an oligarchy. I think the noun "democracy" and the adjective "democratic" are being confused.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

My plan is to be in the Kidapawan, Mindanao area around New Years. Lets see if anything changes for 2011.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

whatever the warnings..it's to frigging late for me now...am in my hotel's internet cafe and flying out in the morning to Cebu.Anyone one fancy a meet up for a beer? Will be in city for couple of days before heading out to a place called Minganilla..something like that.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
whatever the warnings..it's to frigging late for me now...am in my hotel's internet cafe and flying out in the morning to Cebu.Anyone one fancy a meet up for a beer? Will be in city for couple of days before heading out to a place called Minganilla..something like that.
That's the Spirit!