More Filipino Men

Jake
Posted
Posted
Welcome to the forum Butterfly!IMO foriegner ladies have a dificult time finding sucsessful Filipino men in the Philippines. Now if you were to live in some citys within the US with large Filipino populations it would be easy for a young lady like you to find a great Filipino American guy.
I think this is very true. Fil-Ams/Brits/Cans, etc. are a fusion of Western and Filipino values, ideas, and styles. However, you seem like a very Christian girl, and there's no short supply of Christians in the Philippines. Maybe just a short supply of people who practice Christianity as it's practiced in the West. I agree with Jake that a woman of your education and age should be in no rush to settle down, possibly limiting your career or ADVENTURE opportunities. But again, as I see you're very Christian, I think I understand why you want to marry young. I grew up that way as well. As Mr. Lee said, watch out of the same scammers us men need to watch out for, and keep an open mind. It's a different culture, and takes time to get used to. Good luck!
Yes, my Christian values are important to me - maybe it will help for me to join a vibrant young church geared if I make the move the Philippines. Hopefully I'll be able to make some good friends. Yes and it is quite common for Christian girls to marry young (I have a lot of friends younger than me married) but I also want to travel and meet interesting people. Are there any Filipino men that may have grown in the States but moved back to the Philippines? @ Fil/AM Art , thank you for your sweet comments and sound advice. I think once I become adjusted and understanding the Filipino way of life, I'll be able to exercise good judgement in terms of who I should date and shouldn't.I'll keep everybody updated.
Hello Butterfly88,Based on my experience (and still learning) of having two teenage daughters, "exercising good judgement" should be madeon logical reasoning rather than emotions. We all know that both male and female hormones are on fire at your age groupand often times these days, it's slam bam -- thank you ma'am. Sometimes that better judgement is thrown out the window. I knew that my fellow Pinoy member Art would come to you as an older brother (Kuya in Tagalog) and give you some soundadvice. We were both born in the Philippines but raised mostly in the States but fortunately we still have a Filipino heart withthe mind of an American. We are both happily married over 25 years now. We are like brothers in crime......he, he.Regarding your beautiful avatar, I'm beyond "second that motion" -- that warm and genuine smile matched with plenty of smarts and common sense (most important), you're an eleven in my book (had to borrow one of Art's fingers to give you 10 plus 1). Respectfully -- Jake

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I think joining a local Church would be an outstanding idea, a great place to make friends from a good background! When I met my Filipina wife it was important she was active in the Church.It’s not too likely you will meet successful Fil-Am men under 40 in the Philippines. There are too few good jobs in Philippines in comparison to western country’s. Those there would more than likely be looking for a Filipina wife their family has matched them with or were unable to succeed in the States.

Welcome to the forum Butterfly!IMO foriegner ladies have a dificult time finding sucsessful Filipino men in the Philippines. Now if you were to live in some citys within the US with large Filipino populations it would be easy for a young lady like you to find a great Filipino American guy.
I think this is very true. Fil-Ams/Brits/Cans, etc. are a fusion of Western and Filipino values, ideas, and styles. However, you seem like a very Christian girl, and there's no short supply of Christians in the Philippines. Maybe just a short supply of people who practice Christianity as it's practiced in the West. I agree with Jake that a woman of your education and age should be in no rush to settle down, possibly limiting your career or ADVENTURE opportunities. But again, as I see you're very Christian, I think I understand why you want to marry young. I grew up that way as well. As Mr. Lee said, watch out of the same scammers us men need to watch out for, and keep an open mind. It's a different culture, and takes time to get used to. Good luck!
Yes, my Christian values are important to me - maybe it will help for me to join a vibrant young church geared if I make the move the Philippines. Hopefully I'll be able to make some good friends. Yes and it is quite common for Christian girls to marry young (I have a lot of friends younger than me married) but I also want to travel and meet interesting people. Are there any Filipino men that may have grown in the States but moved back to the Philippines? @ Fil/AM Art , thank you for your sweet comments and sound advice. I think once I become adjusted and understanding the Filipino way of life, I'll be able to exercise good judgement in terms of who I should date and shouldn't.I'll keep everybody updated.