My First Computer Build

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone well i just finished building my first computer for my mother and father i always wanted to try and see if i could build one and i got the chance now i think it turned out really well ?? !!! heres the specs on it and a video of the finished product : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW30WniViV4asus maximus 3 gene motherboardi7 870 @2.9 ghzcoolermaster v6 cpu coolergskills 4 gig ramwd 2 tb hard drive evga gts 450 graphics card coolermaster 750w psu24 " samsung lcd monitorlogiteck x540 5.1 surround speakers Razer Lycosa keyboard Razer Death adder mouseWindows 7 pro 64 bit let me know what you think of the job i did on it ok Thanksits kind of a hobbie that i like and would love to keep doing as a part time thing or to maybe make some $ with in the future :SugarwareZ-037:

Jake
Posted
Posted
Hi everyone well i just finished building my first computer for my mother and father i always wanted to try and see if i could build one and i got the chance now i think it turned out really well ?? !!! heres the specs on it and a video of the finished product : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW30WniViV4asus maximus 3 gene motherboardi7 870 @2.9 ghzcoolermaster v6 cpu coolergskills 4 gig ramwd 2 tb hard drive evga gts 450 graphics card coolermaster 750w psu24 " samsung lcd monitorlogiteck x540 5.1 surround speakers Razer Lycosa keyboard Razer Death adder mouseWindows 7 pro 64 bit let me know what you think of the job i did on it ok Thanksits kind of a hobbie that i like and would love to keep doing as a part time thing or to maybe make some $ with in the future :SugarwareZ-037:
Damn, that's a screamin' machine. Are you sure you didn't build it for yourself? I bet you you have already pre-orderedthe Black Ops Call of Duty and just can't wait to let it rip. I didn't know they make hard drives now with terabyte specs.And to top it off with a 24" Samsung LCD -- very nice touch.Well done young man -- Jake

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

hahaha no i didnt pre-order black ops but i want it hahaha as for my rig i have a pretty good system myselfi have Xfx790i motherboardintel q6600 quad core cpu 2.8 ghz a evga gtx 260 graphics card creative xtream gamer sound cardsamsung dvd rom a Lg Blueray burner a nzxt touch screen fan & tempature controller a 22" samsung lcd and i run wondows 7 pro 32 biti also run a hdmi cable from my graphics card to my 40 inch samsung lcd tv for my bluray movies hahaha OMG i think im a tech addict hahaha and i just have a 500 gig hard drive and a 80 gig hard drive which i just use for my HD Music Videos & Concertsoh yeah jake i think i have a seen a 3 tb hard drive out there but i got the 2 tb hard drive for my parents computer for a great deal $100 cdnas for the games i play i have modern warfare 2 resident evil 5 Battlefield bad company 2 microsoft flight Simbattlestations pacificand i just bought MEDAL OF HONOR but i do want Black ops & ghost recon Future Solider i'll post a video of my rig sometime soon :SugarwareZ-037: hahaha

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky

Talisay
Posted
Posted

Id say you did pretty good!Assembling a PC is easier than most non tech people think!I reckon its only worth while for hi spec machines!The last time i was going to build a routine spec machine for a friend in uk, I found that the cost of parts was higher than a ready built job of reasonable spec and build quality!

Jake
Posted
Posted
hahaha no i didnt pre-order black ops but i want it hahaha as for my rig i have a pretty good system myselfi have Xfx790i motherboardintel q6600 quad core cpu 2.8 ghz a evga gtx 260 graphics card creative xtream gamer sound cardsamsung dvd rom a Lg Blueray burner a nzxt touch screen fan & tempature controller a 22" samsung lcd and i run wondows 7 pro 32 biti also run a hdmi cable from my graphics card to my 40 inch samsung lcd tv for my bluray movies hahaha OMG i think im a tech addict hahaha and i just have a 500 gig hard drive and a 80 gig hard drive which i just use for my HD Music Videos & Concertsoh yeah jake i think i have a seen a 3 tb hard drive out there but i got the 2 tb hard drive for my parents computer for a great deal $100 cdnas for the games i play i have modern warfare 2 resident evil 5 Battlefield bad company 2 microsoft flight Simbattlestations pacificand i just bought MEDAL OF HONOR but i do want Black ops & ghost recon Future Solider i'll post a video of my rig sometime soon :SugarwareZ-037: hahaha
Dang Bro, nice gaming machine: a quad core CPU, GTX 260 graphics card and an Xtreme sound card. Does it make coffee for you too??I'm still old school as far as PC games. All first person shooters like Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2 and Crysis often times gets me in trouble with the wife for playing too much. I just wish I could go back to Far Cry and the Alien vs Predator series but can't play them using Windows 7. They worked fine when I had an XP machine.Anyway, no way I would play on line -- I would usually get my ass kicked the first few milliseconds. I really suck. Speaking of which, how the hell do you survive that approaching burning truck (mission Zero Dark Thirty) in Bad Company 2? Still stuck on that level......yeah, I'm a 60 year old douche bag.Lock and load -- Jake

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi everyone well i just finished building my first computer for my mother and father i always wanted to try and see if i could build one and i got the chance now i think it turned out really well ?? !!! heres the specs on it and a video of the finished product : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW30WniViV4asus maximus 3 gene motherboardi7 870 @2.9 ghzcoolermaster v6 cpu coolergskills 4 gig ramwd 2 tb hard drive evga gts 450 graphics card coolermaster 750w psu24 " samsung lcd monitorlogiteck x540 5.1 surround speakers Razer Lycosa keyboard Razer Death adder mouseWindows 7 pro 64 bit let me know what you think of the job i did on it ok Thanksits kind of a hobbie that i like and would love to keep doing as a part time thing or to maybe make some $ with in the future :lol:
Very, very, very nice! If you do not mind me asking, how much did something like that cost to build?  I am using about a year old Gateway that I bought on sale sometime last summer, so it will be a while before I upgrade again but I am curious if it cost less to build or buy? I think this one was $399 back then and I had a 22 inch Acer monitor from my older Gateway, but this one sure does not hold a candle to the one you built or even the one you run yourself. Great work young man. :SugarwareZ-037:

post-40-087779000 1289309696_thumb.jpg

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone !! well lee this system cost $ 2000 canadian but thats for everything including the 24 inch lcd the cpu the case the speakers everything including taxes , as for building vrs buying that really depends on what you want to use your coumper for ie. just basic web searching and maybe playing a few older games you can get away with a premade system , but if you want to do allot of HD video editing using adobe cs5 then your going to need a more powerfull system coz these programs take up allot of ram and allot of hard drive space and use allot of your cpu at the same time , for myself i wanted a system that i can play the latest game , edit hd video and burn it to blueray , watch movies on my 40 " lcd my system is my total entertainment system i dont even need to buy a home theater coz of it !! so like i said it depends 2 major things what you will use it for and how much money you have to spend !!! :SugarwareZ-037: now jake im not really sure about that level in bad company 2 i did finish the game but i mostly play online so its been a while since i played it but i will look into it for you ok ! i've been playing Medal Of Honor allot now and its awsome i hear allot of bad reviews about it but once i got it and tried i was hooked :lol: thanks for the posive comments on my first computer build guys :o Game On Jake yes lock and load hahaha OldUgly&Crankyohhh jake i forgot to mention did you try turning off your user accounts settings to play far cry and aliens vrs predators and then right click on the exe file for the game and run as admin. coz i had allot of problems trying to run wolfenstein et on windows 7 and now it works fine try that ok bro :541:

Edited by OldUgly&Cranky

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hi everyone !! well lee this system cost $ 2000 canadian but thats for everything including the 24 inch lcd the cpu the case the speakers everything including taxes , as for building vrs buying that really depends on what you want to use your coumper for ie. just basic web searching and maybe playing a few older games you can get away with a premade system , but if you want to do allot of HD video editing using adobe cs5 then your going to need a more powerfull system coz these programs take up allot of ram and allot of hard drive space and use allot of your cpu at the same time , for myself i wanted a system that i can play the latest game , edit hd video and burn it to blueray , watch movies on my 40 " lcd my system is my total entertainment system i dont even need to buy a home theater coz of it !! so like i said it depends 2 major things what you will use it for and how much money you have to spend !!! :) OldUgly&Cranky
:o for the info. Wow, mahal kaayo. I guess it would not be worth it for me to build one, or to even have such a fast one because my reflexes are way toooooo slow nowadays to play those games, but the home entertainment part does sound neat and might be something I would be interested in. One of my friends has Netflixs hooked to his TV via a Wii which he also uses for playing games, and with all those things coming into the house, one never has to leave the comfort of their own home to watch movies, play golf, bowling, baseball and so much more, so pretty soon we may all end up homebodies who no longer interact with others except if when we can pull ourselves away from our computers.   :SugarwareZ-037:   For me, the older I get the more I am technically challenged, :lol:  so unless a friend has one, or they come with easy to assemble step by step instructions, then I will not have any of those in the near future unless I buy it assembled.   :541:  :1 (103):

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

ohh lee you can go allot cheaper then what the computer i built went for but thats what the old man wanted and that what he got hahaha Maybe OVERKILL for them but he wanted a system that would compare to mine or beat it !! hahaha compeditive hey my father haha , myself i dont even have cable tv everything i need to wach is online , i watch streaming movies online , any news i want to get is online , radio stations online , i took the $ that i would have spend on cable tv and put it toward a good inet connection and even though i have a bandwith limit of 90 gigs a month i never go over it and im always online !! so like i said you can build cheaper i bought quality name brand parts for him coz thats what he wanted and could afford !! OldUgly&Cranky :SugarwareZ-037:

Jake
Posted
Posted
http://www.newegg.co...-_-32133083-L0FAppreciate your assistance -- I will try disabling user account settings for loading my favorite all time game of FAR CRY.By the way, the above link might be of interest to you or any hardcore gamers.Respectfully -- douche bag